Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Nov 2004, 17:50 (Ref:1154241)   #26
alfan
Racer

Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
alfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, ok Gabrio thanks for the info.

Myself, I was almost sure, that Alfa will run only 3 cars, but I thougt that Farfus will be out, after weak second part of season. It seems that they have major financial problems (no Macau entry )
Old 15 Nov 2004, 23:30 (Ref:1154587)   #27
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
You mean Fia GT? With Maserati? Is this official confirmed?
There is nothing official in this moment (other ten-tenths forum member knows more about it, with luck he will read this and can tell more ).

Last edited by E46; 15 Nov 2004 at 23:35.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 23:45 (Ref:1154598)   #28
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great work with the list FIRE!
Old 16 Nov 2004, 09:18 (Ref:1154771)   #29
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by E46
There is nothing official in this moment (other ten-tenths forum member knows more about it, with luck he will read this and can tell more ).
As far as I know, AF Corse which runs the works effort this year will not run the cars next year. There should be six cars sold to clients, of which 2 or 3 will go to Scuderia Italia with works Pirelli support. Another one should be sold to a french team ( I suppose DAMS or Oreca ). Maserati is still looking for another client. As for the source, it is very reliable but sorry....cannot tell...
Old 16 Nov 2004, 11:52 (Ref:1154861)   #30
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Giovanardi's departure from Autodelta would not surprise me. He fared better than his disastrous time with BMW, but the old magic (what, six titles in a row or something?) never really returned. Perhaps a new challenge will reinvigorate him.
Old 16 Nov 2004, 11:59 (Ref:1154863)   #31
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by JMeissner
Great work with the list FIRE!
Thanks, your site is also great.

Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Giovanardi's departure from Autodelta would not surprise me. He fared better than his disastrous time with BMW, but the old magic (what, six titles in a row or something?) never really returned. Perhaps a new challenge will reinvigorate him.
Agree
Old 16 Nov 2004, 17:48 (Ref:1155189)   #32
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
@JMeissner
At your website you are saying Martin Jensen and Jens Edman will drive for Pegueot in DTC next year and Jan Magnussen and Jason Watt have to search a new team. Will this mean Magnussen and Watt will not drive for Peugeot in WTCC?
Old 16 Nov 2004, 18:13 (Ref:1155206)   #33
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not really sure but I think so. I have no good view of which drivers will be with Peugeot in WTCC. But what I have heard Magnussen won't be driving touring cars...
Old 16 Nov 2004, 18:18 (Ref:1155213)   #34
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Giovanardi - he's never had a shot at the BTCC at would be more than welcome to IMO!
Old 16 Nov 2004, 18:18 (Ref:1155214)   #35
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But what I have heard Magnussen won't be driving touring cars...
I heard Magnussen could drive in Nascar.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 16:20 (Ref:1160954)   #36
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently Larini has signed for Chevy. The third driver should be a young british driver.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 16:49 (Ref:1160972)   #37
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
hmmmm... Huffy????
Old 22 Nov 2004, 17:38 (Ref:1161003)   #38
Gabrio
Veteran

No idea about the british driver. But a source told me Larini has signed last week.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 19:58 (Ref:1161111)   #39
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
From www.grandprix.com:
Quote:
A point worth noting in F1 circles

The Toyota Motor Corporation has announced to its European dealers that it is going to be spending $650m in the course of the next five years to promote its luxury brand Lexus, to take on Mercedes-Benz and BMW in their home markets...

...Perhaps it might be an idea to put some money towards an engine supply for a team in F1 with "Lexus" badging.
I would say: "It might be an idea to put some money towards an WTCC project."
Old 22 Nov 2004, 20:22 (Ref:1161130)   #40
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig
hmmmm... Huffy????
I have seen a rummour on another forum that young Mr Huff has signed a 3 year deal to drive for Seat in the WTCC....
Old 22 Nov 2004, 20:31 (Ref:1161137)   #41
alfan
Racer

Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
alfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
From www.grandprix.com:

I would say: "It might be an idea to put some money towards an WTCC project."
Or/and DTM. I'd prefer "and"
Old 23 Nov 2004, 01:54 (Ref:1161417)   #42
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That HKS prepped Toyota Altezza and Rocketsports prepared Jag X Type sure looked DTM-ish!!
Old 23 Nov 2004, 15:10 (Ref:1161813)   #43
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by alfan
Or/and DTM. I'd prefer "and"

A DTM project to beat Mercedes and a WTCC project to beat BMW!
Old 23 Nov 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1162176)   #44
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
nkh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm not really sure but I think so. I have no good view of which drivers will be with Peugeot in WTCC. But what I have heard Magnussen won't be driving touring cars...
There are rumours in Denmark that Jan Magnussen will be racing in DTC with a new Audi team (probably though Tom Kristensens connections with Audi and K-motorsport which would then change the name to Audi Sport Team K). Jason Watt are rumoured to being in talks with Volvo about a DTC drive.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1162177)   #45
Wouter_wh
Rookie

Netherlands
Netherland, Hilversum
Wouter_wh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Independents Team of Carly Motors doesnt have the financial backing to drive in the WTCC, they barely made this season, they skipped the race in Dubai because of budget problems, and a season with so many races in other continents will be to difficult.

Dutchman Tom Coronel his name is circulating for a place in the Chevy team. One of the reasons for that are the contacts with Kroymans, who will be responsible for the European import of Chevy's.

Greetz, Wouter
Old 23 Nov 2004, 22:12 (Ref:1162196)   #46
Gabrio
Veteran

I just read the new entry list speculation on 2005 WTCC....But :
Morbidelli does not have a contract with Seat Sport Italia for 2005.
Radisich is not in the frame for Chevy.
Giovanardi will not be with Alfa nor will Liuzzi.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 08:45 (Ref:1162537)   #47
Thommy
Racer

Germany
Kulmbach, Bavaria
Thommy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wouter_wh
The Independents Team of Carly Motors doesnt have the financial backing to drive in the WTCC, they barely made this season, they skipped the race in Dubai because of budget problems, and a season with so many races in other continents will be to difficult.

Dutchman Tom Coronel his name is circulating for a place in the Chevy team. One of the reasons for that are the contacts with Kroymans, who will be responsible for the European import of Chevy's.

Greetz, Wouter
So, Carly to German's DP(W)M:confused:
Old 24 Nov 2004, 08:47 (Ref:1162539)   #48
Thommy
Racer

Germany
Kulmbach, Bavaria
Thommy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrio
Giovanardi will not be with Alfa nor will Liuzzi. [/B]
So Giovanardi will be with Masarati in the GT? Or will he join Brilliance?
Old 24 Nov 2004, 16:18 (Ref:1162881)   #49
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by nkh
There are rumours in Denmark that Jan Magnussen will be racing in DTC with a new Audi team (probably though Tom Kristensens connections with Audi and K-motorsport which would then change the name to Audi Sport Team K). Jason Watt are rumoured to being in talks with Volvo about a DTC drive.
K Motorsport owned by Tom Kristensen?
Old 24 Nov 2004, 16:31 (Ref:1162890)   #50
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:

I was already afraid they would not enter WTCC. BTW Do you have a source for this news?

Quote:

Greetz, Wouter
He would be a good driver for Chevrolet because he's good and experienced.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrio
I just read the new entry list speculation on 2005 WTCC....But :
Morbidelli does not have a contract with Seat Sport Italia for 2005.
Radisich is not in the frame for Chevy.
Giovanardi will not be with Alfa nor will Liuzzi.
That's why I have written on the list : "All the facts and speculation...".
Last year there were rumours about Morbidelli and Seat, in Australia were rumours Radisich will race in Europe, Giovanardi drove for Alfa last year. That's why I put these names on the list. I don't write that they are confirmed.