Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Sep 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1701053)   #26
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good race though. Janis' come back drive was incredible! Shame his manager's ramblings mean there's no chance of him winning the title now unless he arranges for some food poisoning for Sascha at some point.

However, it's still Bartels/Bertolini vs Piccini & Deletraz, the closest fight for the title.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 00:21 (Ref:1701123)   #27
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And again one of the Vitaphones pushes someone off. When will SRO/FIA teach those guys a lesson? It's by far not the first time this has happened, it's getting a bit annoying now.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 09:43 (Ref:1701382)   #28
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What a beautiful track . Its got the lot , elevation changes , trees , greenery and of course a stunning track !!!

One of my favourites . A round of the LMS would be nice there .
Old 4 Sep 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1701387)   #29
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Good race though. Janis' come back drive was incredible! Shame his manager's ramblings mean there's no chance of him winning the title now unless he arranges for some food poisoning for Sascha at some point.

However, it's still Bartels/Bertolini vs Piccini & Deletraz, the closest fight for the title.
BMS will do it , cuz they have 2 scoreing chassis . Pheonix deserve the second place in my opinion . BMS seems to have lost their way . Im thinking it is the tyres , but the works team use Pirelli's in the Alms and they seem to work fine there ?

How come Bert has 1 point more than Janis ?
Old 4 Sep 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1701397)   #30
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Janis did not race for Zakspeed at Paul Richard.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 10:03 (Ref:1701401)   #31
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What a beautiful track . Its got the lot , elevation changes , trees , greenery and of course a stunning track !!!

One of my favourites . A round of the LMS would be nice there .
Dijon beautiful? I find it horrible, prehistoric facilities, boring layout, boring scenery. The only beautiful thing about it imho is it's history (Villeneuve vs. Arnoux for example). I guess opinions differ though
Old 4 Sep 2006, 10:09 (Ref:1701403)   #32
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
BMS will do it , cuz they have 2 scoreing chassis . Pheonix deserve the second place in my opinion . BMS seems to have lost their way . Im thinking it is the tyres , but the works team use Pirelli's in the Alms and they seem to work fine there ?
I'm talking drivers championship! Don't count Phoenix out from that yet...

1. Michael Bartels/Andrea Bertolini [Vitaphone Maserati] - 49pts
2. Andrea Piccini/Jean-Denis Deletraz [Phoenix Aston Martin] - 44pts
Old 4 Sep 2006, 11:12 (Ref:1701447)   #33
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The driver switch in the BMS cars is so they can get more data on the tyres.

I am surprised they seem to be struggling given Prodrive are doing so well in the ALMS.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 11:16 (Ref:1701449)   #34
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN
I am surprised they seem to be struggling given Prodrive are doing so well in the ALMS.
Thanks to some restrictions on the Corvettes
Old 4 Sep 2006, 11:40 (Ref:1701459)   #35
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN
The driver switch in the BMS cars is so they can get more data on the tyres.

I'm a firm believer that the sole problem at BMS at the moment is the tires. They've got top of the line drivers, factory support and a team that has more than proven itself. Those factors combined I can't conclude other than that they really should try to ditch Pirelli for Michelin for next year.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 13:41 (Ref:1701566)   #36
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Dijon beautiful? I find it horrible, prehistoric facilities, boring layout, boring scenery. The only beautiful thing about it imho is it's history (Villeneuve vs. Arnoux for example). I guess opinions differ though

They certainly do !!! ..... but your Dutch , so I understand you not likeing elevation changes . About the highest elevation in Holland would be a dyke ..... what kind of dyke im not sure though !!!
Old 4 Sep 2006, 15:29 (Ref:1701620)   #37
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
They certainly do !!! ..... but your Dutch , so I understand you not likeing elevation changes . About the highest elevation in Holland would be a dyke ..... what kind of dyke im not sure though !!!
Haha One has to appreciate a good dyke!

Dijon sure has some good elevations, but the layout just doesn't appeal to me, and there's not enough variation in the scenery.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1701646)   #38
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Have you actually been round it? It's a cracking little circuit. Yes, the facilities aren't the most up to date, but the team that runs the circuit run it a hell of a lot better than some of the larger more 'modern' circuits that the series runs on.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 19:13 (Ref:1701746)   #39
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cynic!

i'll start by wondering why so many teams
decided on aston when maserati is plainly better
second, i think it a little odd that janis is back
are zakspeed aiming for a gardel and help only one driver to the crown, using a 'better' driver? because janis is the faster in that car, so there was little logic leaving him out.
just a cynic i think!
Old 4 Sep 2006, 19:13 (Ref:1701747)   #40
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must've been living under a rock or something, tell me more about the Zonda at Dijon- is it the old Carsport(?) car?
Old 4 Sep 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1701752)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osella
I must've been living under a rock or something, tell me more about the Zonda at Dijon- is it the old Carsport(?) car?
yes
Old 4 Sep 2006, 19:23 (Ref:1701756)   #42
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
i'll start by wondering why so many teams
decided on aston when maserati is plainly better
More expensive, no MC12's available, wanting to race in LMS?

Quote:
second, i think it a little odd that janis is back
are zakspeed aiming for a gardel and help only one driver to the crown, using a 'better' driver? because janis is the faster in that car, so there was little logic leaving him out.
just a cynic i think!
There was a disagreement between Zakspeed and Janis.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 19:33 (Ref:1701763)   #43
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
found it.... gorgeous

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...ial_s%26sa%3DG
Old 4 Sep 2006, 19:55 (Ref:1701778)   #44
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
'disagreement'
more like we want sascha to take the title solo, i think
reeks of controversy to me
Old 4 Sep 2006, 20:00 (Ref:1701782)   #45
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Why do you think that?
Old 5 Sep 2006, 11:21 (Ref:1702229)   #46
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
'disagreement'
That's nonsense and a absurd conspiracy-theory. It's been clear from the start that the contract was eliminated by Janis and his manager, and not by Zakspeed.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 13:48 (Ref:1702357)   #47
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
'disagreement'
You need your nasal passages checking then.

There wasn't any controversy, it was well documented at Paul Ricard that Janis' manager had a disagreement with the Zakspeed team and he was withdrawn from the team at that round.

The team were more than happy for him to be back in the car at Dijon. Jarek can't do at least one of the other rounds anyway as he's on A1GP duty for the Czech Republic team too. Methinks that you're looking for something that's not there.
Old 6 Sep 2006, 11:28 (Ref:1703197)   #48
911 GT1
Racer

Germany
911 GT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jarek Janis just drove at Dijon because of Peter Zakspeeds invitation. Otherwise he would not have been there. Zakspeed was very happy, that Janis drove the Saleen. He is the fastest man on this chassis.

Montermini had been in Spain this weekend because of his Ferrari contract. So Zakspeed would had no 2nd driver last weekend.
Old 6 Sep 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1703770)   #49
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
look, i'm entitled to my opinion, and i'm a cynic
but it just doesn't seem right...
Old 6 Sep 2006, 21:58 (Ref:1703790)   #50
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911 GT1
Jarek Janis just drove at Dijon because of Peter Zakspeeds invitation. Otherwise he would not have been there. Zakspeed was very happy, that Janis drove the Saleen. He is the fastest man on this chassis.

Montermini had been in Spain this weekend because of his Ferrari contract. So Zakspeed would had no 2nd driver last weekend.
Well...they can't run solo! They would have had to have found someone - or gone home.