Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Jul 2003, 12:46 (Ref:675250)   #1
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who Goes? You Decide ...

It's race 11 in the Formula Renault title race. Last week, Mike put himself up for eviction by spinning and having another bad result.

Seriously, Conway surely is now out of the running. His drive back through field at Donington was good, but the damage was already done. Unless he had a problem with the car, it looked to me as if he simply buckled under pressure from Hamilton (who had himself already gone too late into the chicane) and spun.

So, it was five. Now it's four. Who'll be next to fall behind?

Hamilton leads, dropped scores or not. Lloyd is second on paper but Rossiter takes over the position on dropped scores. Sisley, though, has won twice and looked very strong again at Donington.

What'll happen at Snett? A repeat of April? Will Conway bounce back? Will Sisley win for Eurotek on their home track? Will Lewis crash out at the first bend like last year? Will Rossiter win? Will Lloyd win?

You choose ... (and, no, I'm not a Geordie so you'll have to do your own accent).
Old 30 Jul 2003, 13:51 (Ref:675327)   #2
Freddie
Racer

Freddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Conway will be back I think. He was quick pre-season and during the race. He was also quickest at the test earlier this month. Not sure what happened at Donington but I reckon he'll get a podium. His car seems wel set-up there. Apart from that, Hamilton, Sisley Lloyd then Rossiter. The usual suapects.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 20:08 (Ref:675673)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
pre-season is completely different to now though isn't it?
Old 30 Jul 2003, 20:17 (Ref:675678)   #4
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Conway could bounce back. Everyone had written Sisley off before Donington and he's back in it now. Only a tenth off Hamilton in Qualifying. Where has the change in form come from??
Old 31 Jul 2003, 08:39 (Ref:676063)   #5
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Spencer? Two storming drives at Donington. If he hadn't had a broken throttle cable in qualifying he surely would have left off where he finished at Croft. i.e. top 3. He's flying right now!
Old 31 Jul 2003, 09:00 (Ref:676078)   #6
Freddie
Racer

Freddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bella, he had a pole and a P2 in qualifying and a race win and a second at Snet. He was also quickest in testing a few weeks ago. If you read my post you will see that it refers to all of these as well as pre-season. I think he has a good car and he likies the circuit. Time will tell.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 18:23 (Ref:676532)   #7
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you'd asked me this question before Donington, I'd have said Sisley would be next to go, but he had a good race meeting there, scoring more points than anyone else. I'll have to say that I don't want to vote on this before Snetterton, because I think that'll be a vital race for the championship, start performing now or it'll be too late. Conway, Lloyd and Sisley (kind of) all won there earlier in the year, and Hamilton was leading before "the Lau incident", so it's probably the toughest race to call. I would say whoever out of Lloyd, Rossiter and Sisley finishes lowest will be next out.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 18:53 (Ref:676557)   #8
No 4
Veteran

It's like Mike Spencer dosn't exist. He had second fastest time in testing at Donington, fastest lap in race 9 and by just about everyone's assessment two storming races. There's little doubt that had the mechanical problems not happened he would have podiumed. His confidence must be sky high. Watch out for him in race 11!! And no I'm not related!!
Old 31 Jul 2003, 19:27 (Ref:676580)   #9
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I totally agree, Spencer should be up there at Snetterton, possibly for the win. But the 2003 championship is effectively out of his reach, his aim is for a place in the top four or five, and Jonny Apex's question was about who would be next to fall out of the title race.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 12:09 (Ref:677093)   #10
No 4
Veteran

Fair point!
Old 1 Aug 2003, 12:44 (Ref:677144)   #11
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chuck out Nelsinho Piquet!

Oh, sorry. Wrong series.

Do it anyway!!!
Old 1 Aug 2003, 18:53 (Ref:677400)   #12
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In last weeks AUTOSPORT, Mike Conway says he's really surprised to see James Rossiter doing so well. Methinks James has rattled Conway with his pace, and the early season leader is struggling to get back on terms mentally. I'm probably way off the mark though. He'll win at Snett just to prove me wrong.

But,

I think the man for the rest of the year has got to be Mike Spencer. I'd be surprised if he doesnt get a win by the season's end.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 20:32 (Ref:677469)   #13
Tom Horley
Racer

Tom Horley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis will do the business