Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Feb 2008, 15:31 (Ref:2126596)   #301
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!

http://www.planetlemans.com/2008/02/...first-mileage/
http://endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=4886&thold=0
Old 11 Feb 2008, 15:53 (Ref:2126599)   #302
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My, that's a handsome racecar. I bet it sounds terrific too. Even if it is not fast, it will still be a fan favorite.
Old 11 Feb 2008, 18:46 (Ref:2126694)   #303
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cockpit is a bit to tall for my liking, but other than that I think that it looks great.
Old 12 Feb 2008, 08:26 (Ref:2127013)   #304
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
The cockpit is a bit to tall for my liking, but other than that I think that it looks great.
Thats the regulations for you!
Old 12 Feb 2008, 16:22 (Ref:2127283)   #305
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff
Thats the regulations for you!
Well then, maybe they need to change the regulations.
Old 12 Feb 2008, 17:49 (Ref:2127321)   #306
DanJR1
Racer

DanJR1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
remember when jaguar F1 had the problems with the british racing green paint being "too heavy"!! wonder if Aston will have the same problems!!!
Old 12 Feb 2008, 23:32 (Ref:2127564)   #307
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJR1
remember when jaguar F1 had the problems with the british racing green paint being "too heavy"!! wonder if Aston will have the same problems!!!
Does anyone still use paint?
Old 13 Feb 2008, 00:33 (Ref:2127590)   #308
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't it all vinyl these days? I somehow can't grasp the idea that most liveries are vinyl stickers. How do they apply them around complex curves? I know, getting OT. Hopefully it will be BRG.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 00:37 (Ref:2127593)   #309
SimonY
Rookie

SimonY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Gulf Aston at the show was painted, and you could see the previous green paint around the edges where it had been masked.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 02:18 (Ref:2127607)   #310
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbert82
Isn't it all vinyl these days? I somehow can't grasp the idea that most liveries are vinyl stickers. How do they apply them around complex curves? I know, getting OT. Hopefully it will be BRG.
Deft touch with a razor, soapy water, heat gun and hand spat.

L.P.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 04:56 (Ref:2127654)   #311
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was thinking they have huge bottles of Micro-Sol..
Old 20 Feb 2008, 11:12 (Ref:2133236)   #312
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Somehow, I don't think I'll win an Oscar for this (don't blink or you'll miss it! )
Old 20 Feb 2008, 11:49 (Ref:2133258)   #313
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Somehow, I don't think I'll win an Oscar for this (don't blink or you'll miss it! )
not bad James, not bad! Good catch.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 11:59 (Ref:2133266)   #314
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Wow ..... nice one James , a nice little teaser .

Looks and sounds like the bee's knee's ..... I love it !!!

Where did that come from ?
Old 20 Feb 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2133268)   #315
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
Im surprised you like it ..... its not a Ferrari !!!
Old 20 Feb 2008, 12:35 (Ref:2133292)   #316
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger

Nice sneak though! Did you shoot it yourself?
Old 20 Feb 2008, 12:49 (Ref:2133300)   #317
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not good, either!

Anyway, it's just a nice little memory of my first encounter with the Lola Aston Martin. Spent a fascinating day at (and nearby) Snett with Malcolm yesterday.

There was a big Aston Martin presence at the circuit yesterday (staffwise). George Howard-Chappell was very gracious in allowing Malcolm and myself access to the garage. Must have spent a good 20 minutes just staring at it and taking it all in (engine cover was off!). It really is a thing of great beauty, and on track the sight and sound sends a shiver down your spine every time it passes, especially when standing on the pit wall just inches away from it. Wonderful, absolutely wonderful!

Jan Charouz and Stefan Mucke were both there. I was quite rude about Stefan last year (Charouz/Rollcentre questionable/forceful/dangerous driving incident, you know the one), and whilst Jan was having a seat fitting, Stefan chatted to Malcolm. What a thoroughly nice chap.......calm, polite, articulate.......I was very impressed, it was a great honour to meet him. And since that 'incident', he's certainly won me over as a driver. Very talented and extremely entertaining to watch!

Also met Darren Turner who showed us around the GT2 test car. The engine of this beast has an amazing ground shaking deep growl when it's on track, loved it!

I have a number of other photos, but having seen David Lord's () stunning photos of the car(s) on Daily Sportscar, I've decided mine are best kept away from public scrutiny!
Old 20 Feb 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2133305)   #318
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Looks and sounds like the bee's knee's ..... I love it !!!
It's a great shame, when I uploaded that clip it cut the last couple of seconds. You're missing the amplified sound of the engine as it goes under the bridge and the fab sound of the engine under braking.

Oh well.........
Old 20 Feb 2008, 13:17 (Ref:2133325)   #319
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
wrong thread my dear friend... one of these days I'll write a nice 917 article to finally stop your whining
Old 20 Feb 2008, 13:19 (Ref:2133326)   #320
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Not good, either!

Anyway, it's just a nice little memory of my first encounter with the Lola Aston Martin. Spent a fascinating day at (and nearby) Snett with Malcolm yesterday.

There was a big Aston Martin presence at the circuit yesterday (staffwise). George Howard-Chappell was very gracious in allowing Malcolm and myself access to the garage. Must have spent a good 20 minutes just staring at it and taking it all in (engine cover was off!). It really is a thing of great beauty, and on track the sight and sound sends a shiver down your spine every time it passes, especially when standing on the pit wall just inches away from it. Wonderful, absolutely wonderful!

Jan Charouz and Stefan Mucke were both there. I was quite rude about Stefan last year (Charouz/Rollcentre questionable/forceful/dangerous driving incident, you know the one), and whilst Jan was having a seat fitting, Stefan chatted to Malcolm. What a thoroughly nice chap.......calm, polite, articulate.......I was very impressed, it was a great honour to meet him. And since that 'incident', he's certainly won me over as a driver. Very talented and extremely entertaining to watch!

Also met Darren Turner who showed us around the GT2 test car. The engine of this beast has an amazing ground shaking deep growl when it's on track, loved it!

I have a number of other photos, but having seen David Lord's () stunning photos of the car(s) on Daily Sportscar, I've decided mine are best kept away from public scrutiny!
Sounds like a fun excursion day , thanks for sharing that film.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 13:27 (Ref:2133334)   #321
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
wrong thread my dear friend... one of these days I'll write a nice 917 article to finally stop your whining
Make it about the real beastie: 917/30
Old 20 Feb 2008, 13:50 (Ref:2133347)   #322
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Sorry mate , you will have to do more than that to impress me .

Now , if you said 956/962 ..... i just might be impressed !!!

Oh , one other thing . I dont whine ..... just moan a lot
Old 20 Feb 2008, 16:06 (Ref:2133425)   #323
snett fan55
Rookie

United Kingdom
near Norwich
snett fan55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I,too sneaked in to the circuit yesterday, (under the cover of the fog!)courtesy of my son who is on paternity leave!!!!!The sight (and sound)of the Aston Martins, and the CSRCorsa Ferraris made my meagre hair stand on end ,particularly as the driver of the LMP went faster and faster.Very,very impressive.What happened on his last lap ,coming into Russell Corner,I saw a small fire from the back of the car,before he "straightlined"the corner and rolled up the pit lane with no engine?
Old 20 Feb 2008, 17:41 (Ref:2133479)   #324
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice writeup to complement the DSC one, James. I was pretty sure the reader Malcolm mentioned would be a poster here, good to put a name to a name, so to speak. Thanks for the video too - nice addon to Lordy's exceptional work with the camera.

Interesting to hear your take on Mucke too, I'd heard he was a top bloke despite his aggressive driving. I like the term 'hard man' to describe him and others of his ilk (Gounon etc.), they certainly don't give an inch, but in general they are prodigious talents with solid speed and good racecraft aside from the red mist periods. I'm really looking forward to his performances in the Lola-Aston this year, pity we won't get to see any of it on this side of the pond.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 21:29 (Ref:2133625)   #325
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Nice writeup to complement the DSC one, James. I was pretty sure the reader Malcolm mentioned would be a poster here, good to put a name to a name, so to speak. Thanks for the video too - nice addon to Lordy's exceptional work with the camera.

Just to add to that...

What is the other prototype you checked out???