Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Dec 2007, 23:38 (Ref:2093942)   #26
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Switching car is allowed, class is not. The name of team has to stay the same.
Well maybe we should revisit what was replied to.
Quote:
I think you can not transfer the automatic entry to another car, let alone another class.

L.P.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 23:43 (Ref:2093943)   #27
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Yes, the rules proved me wrong. But lets not forget what you was replying to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
I believe BMS already said they're using their Aston Martin automatic entry at Le Mans to enter a Ferrari. I'd think that's a good sign that the Astons are not returning in the hands of BMS.
Using a GT1 invitation to enter a GT2 car is not allowed.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 23:47 (Ref:2093946)   #28
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, the rules proved me wrong. But lets not forget what you was replying to.
Using a GT1 invitation to enter a GT2 car is not allowed.
And just what exactly did my answer say?

L.P.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 23:47 (Ref:2093948)   #29
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I realize now that I was wrong, Scuderia Italia's entry was in fact in GT2 (for 2nd in the FIA GT Championship), not GT1.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 02:41 (Ref:2093981)   #30
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Prodrives expertise is engineering production cars, not sure they could build a prototype in-house, so badging a Lola is an option.

Even a company as large as Nissan contracted Lola to build them a Group C car.

Depending on who you speak to P&M have got there wish as the P1 car is a goer.
I agree, I would expect that it would probably be a rebadged/bespoken chassis from Lola or someone already producing C/F chassis.

L.P.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 17:20 (Ref:2094155)   #31
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
And just what exactly did my answer say?

L.P.
I didn't know we were all in this to win points over each other...

Getting back on topic, steering away from GT2 Ferraris, is it clear weather or not BMS will keep racing their DBR9's in the FIA GT Championship? I seem to remember reading that the relationship between them and AMR wasn't particularly great...
Old 23 Dec 2007, 17:29 (Ref:2094157)   #32
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, it seems I stand corrected regarding the BMS Astons, courtesy of DSC - BMS won't be racing them, it would seem.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 17:45 (Ref:2094163)   #33
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO it's a been a thoroughly miserable two years for BMS in FIA GT1. The results back this up, but moreso when you put 06 and 07 in the context of 02,03 and 04 in FIA GT.
Tyres have played a major part in this, but nevertheless it hasn't been pretty.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 19:52 (Ref:2094198)   #34
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BMS just boss told me, the Aston Martin projects for 2008 will be discusses in january with AMR.
They tested for Pirelli new tyres in this week at Vallelunga (Rome, Italy)
Old 23 Dec 2007, 19:54 (Ref:2094199)   #35
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GM will be back soon I'm 99% certain
Old 24 Dec 2007, 11:08 (Ref:2094417)   #36
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Embassy can put a team together to design an LMP car I fee that Prodrive may just be able to do the same perhaps?

DR would love to win outright, 1959 was it last time? But he is also a realist and to beat the diesels he needs to do a damn good job and a lot of development, there is a certain poetry with 2009.

Just another little thought, in my day DB stood for David Brown, will really new cars be called prefixed DR?
Old 24 Dec 2007, 15:01 (Ref:2094480)   #37
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure Prodrive could, just as they could have designed an F1 car.

In that case they were going to buy customer Mclarens, it would make sense to tap into Lola's expertise, either with a revised (styling) coupe, or badging the current car.

They will surely have their hands full with the various GT cars, not to mention Subaru WRC's.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 19:10 (Ref:2095444)   #38
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
I didn't know we were all in this to win points over each other...

Getting back on topic, steering away from GT2 Ferraris, is it clear weather or not BMS will keep racing their DBR9's in the FIA GT Championship? I seem to remember reading that the relationship between them and AMR wasn't particularly great...
Are we?!

The subject matter that was being discussed was, not my opinion, but the specifics of the rules and standards that are used by the ACO for acceptance to enter LeMans and how it pertained to the BMS Aston Martin DBR9 and the auto-entry they recieved for LeMans. These are specific things with specific qualifiers. I try very hard not to be rude or condescending to others in the forums while giving as specific and as correct of an answer as I know. So whom in this exchange was trying to score points on who?

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 27 Dec 2007 at 19:14.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 21:25 (Ref:2095514)   #39
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If BMS does not enter a GT1, I assume they may give the entry to another team. Second Team Modena car?
Old 28 Dec 2007, 09:08 (Ref:2095643)   #40
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mod note: Trying to score points over each other!

To the mods this certainly seems to be the evident with a few members of this sub-forum. Frankly people notice this style of posting and judge the poster accordingly. However of concern to the mods is that it stops others posting because they can't be bothered to get into an exchange over something petty, or just because they find it tedious in the extreme.

There is no need to pick up on small points to prove you are right. There is also no shame in being wrong about something - you should try it as it is very liberating.

This is not aimed at anyone in particular, but please have a think about whether it applies to you. If you don't see it and continue we will start telling you, as we feel it is driving many with a love for this sport away from our forum.

P.S. There is no need to reply to this, PM if you have any concerns.
Old 28 Dec 2007, 10:34 (Ref:2095678)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
However of concern to the mods is that it stops others posting because they can't be bothered to get into an exchange over something petty, or just because they find it tedious in the extreme.
As a mod here (alright, I guess a 'virtual mod' or even an 'honorary mod' these days perhaps ) that's exactly how I feel.

And Adam, this is not a reply.......
Old 28 Dec 2007, 15:34 (Ref:2095811)   #42
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
As a mod here (alright, I guess a 'virtual mod' or even an 'honorary mod' these days perhaps ) that's exactly how I feel.

And Adam, this is not a reply.......
Err, a post script perhaps...

PPS (or whatever) Agreed.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 00:28 (Ref:2096395)   #43
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened after the three year deal?

http://www.kayaba.co.uk/kayabaeurope/pr/2005-03.htm
Old 30 Dec 2007, 15:12 (Ref:2096576)   #44
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prodrive is building a windtunnel atm (if the still are...?) so if they design/build their own F1 in 2009?.. a P1 in 2010 could be possible as well. I think they will go for another chassis at first. But could very well, like Pesca step up in future years to own production...
Old 30 Dec 2007, 15:49 (Ref:2096590)   #45
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Started an Asian 12 race series
Quote:
Called the Aston Martin Asia Cup (AMAC), the series starts in 2008 and will consist of 12 races throughout the Asia Pacific region including China, Japan, Malaysia and Singapore. Each race will feature a grid of 18 Aston Martin Vantage N24s, a 4.3 litre race-developed evolution of the V8 Vantage which has been proven in endurance and sprint races in Europe and the Middle East.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 19:19 (Ref:2096679)   #46
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Prodrive is building a windtunnel atm (if the still are...?) so if they design/build their own F1 in 2009?.. a P1 in 2010 could be possible as well. I think they will go for another chassis at first. But could very well, like Pesca step up in future years to own production...
Some ground shaking news is coming this winter, logically it's either Aston or GM in P1.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 19:24 (Ref:2096682)   #47
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where did you hear that JAG? I would like nothing more than to see a Aston or GM in LMP1 but at the moment it is all but rumor.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 19:30 (Ref:2096688)   #48
JAG
Veteran

England
From DSC a few weeks back:-

Quote:
And the closed cars are coming. Assuming that our conclusions are correct, and we’re absolutely convinced that they are, this is no less than the race car manufacturer concerned deserves, for having the foresight to push on with an LMP1 coupe, at a time when the ACO was giving every indication that its 2010 target was a closed coupe of a significantly different sort.

Will that ACO artist’s impression ever come to fruition, in 2010 or later – or has the ACO accepted that there are (road car) manufacturers currently involved in LMP1 (and it wouldn’t want to offend them), and simply come up with an alternative means of getting more of them involved in the top class?

When this project does become public, it will surely be the most significant story of the 2008 sportscar season – and if this is the first of several projects of its type, the ACO really will have come up with a logical means of increasing manufacturer involvement in the top class, without offending the current LMP1 marques.
Hints about Lola, IMO, suggest Aston, as all indications are that GM would build their own car inhouse, and have indeed already been given the go ahead for a P1, hence why they are happy to fill another year in GT1 with no competition. Add also the production engine performance breaks in the 2008 ACO P1 regs.

Just putting the dots together.

Of course it could be something leftfield like Nissan or Hyundai.

Last edited by JAG; 30 Dec 2007 at 19:36.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 19:33 (Ref:2096692)   #49
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There will be an announcement by Prodrive at the NEC. Now thats not to say its Aston Martin...
Old 30 Dec 2007, 19:41 (Ref:2096700)   #50
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
There will be an announcement by Prodrive at the NEC. Now thats not to say its Aston Martin...
Oh yes it is!