Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 13 Mar 2012, 18:28 (Ref:3040439)   #301
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
meanwhile, we have a full entry list from wsr:

Team (Home country)Drivers (Nation)Rookie
1CARLIN (GBR)Kevin MAGNUSSEN (DEN)R
2CARLIN (GBR)Will STEVENS (GBR)R
3FORTEC MOTORSPORTS (GBR)Carlos HUERTAS (COL)R
4FORTEC MOTORSPORTS (GBR)Robin FRIJNS (NED)R
5ISR (CZE)Sam BIRD (GBR) 
6ISR (CZE)Jake ROSENZWEIG (USA) 
7TECH 1 RACING (FRA)Kevin KORJUS (EST) 
8TECH 1 RACING (FRA)Jules BIANCHI (FRA) 
9P1 MOTORSPORT (GBR)Walter GRUBMULLER (AUT) 
10P1 MOTORSPORT (GBR)Daniil MOVE (RUS) 
11LOTUS (CZE)Richie STANAWAY (NZL)R
12LOTUS (CZE)Marco SORENSEN (DEN)R
15BVM TARGET (ITA)Giovanni VENTURINI (ITA)R
16BVM TARGET (ITA)Nicolay MARTSENKO (RUS)R
17TEAM RFR (RUS)Mikhail ALESHIN (RUS) 
18TEAM RFR (RUS)Anton NEBYLITSKIY (RUS) 
19PONS RACING (ESP)Zoel AMBERG (SUI)R
20PONS RACING (ESP)Yann CUNHA (BRA)R
21INTERNATIONAL DRACO RACING (ITA)Nico MULLER (SUI)R
22INTERNATIONAL DRACO RACING (ITA)Andrè NEGRAO (BRA) 
23COMTEC RACING (GBR)Vittorio GHIRELLI (ITA)R
24COMTEC RACING (GBR)Nick YELLOLY (GBR) 
25ARDEN CATERHAM (GBR)Alexander ROSSI (USA) 
26ARDEN CATERHAM (GBR)Lewis WILLIAMSON (GBR) 
27DAMS (FRA)Lucas FORESTI (BRA)R
28DAMS (FRA)Arthur PIC (FRA) 

i wonder if any teams who signed drivers early on at the end of last year are regretting their decision?
Old 13 Mar 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3040463)   #302
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Actually he's been testing prototypes. Found that out literally minutes after my post. Patience is a virtue.
and thank you for sharing... any prototypes in particular? hopefully he'll find a place there. he's clearly quick and talented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Well, to be fair his budget problems were in GP2, and a GP2 with new cars. Of course, FR 3.5 has that this year.
there is that, though i guess the two budgets added together probably make more than a gp2 budget last year. i'm just being silly really.

i don't think there's any need to analyse times from today, but for the sake of it i've attached the combined times..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FR35_PaulRicard_Day1.pdf (77.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 13 Mar 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3040507)   #303
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
rookie Robin Frijns shows the other men the way to go in testing today!
Old 13 Mar 2012, 23:42 (Ref:3040657)   #304
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know why theres no free tickets at Silverstone any more? Im a few years out of date possibly.
http://www.worldseriesbyrenault.fr/e...s/Default.aspx
Old 14 Mar 2012, 02:18 (Ref:3040717)   #305
MalcolmC
Racer

New Zealand
Down there a bit
MalcolmC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and thank you for sharing... any prototypes in particular? hopefully he'll find a place there. he's clearly quick and talented.
http://www.speedstuff.co.nz/hartley-...ans-prototype/
Old 14 Mar 2012, 09:38 (Ref:3040829)   #306
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Anyone know why theres no free tickets at Silverstone any more? Im a few years out of date possibly.
http://www.worldseriesbyrenault.fr/e...s/Default.aspx
cause they're not doing a wsr event this year - silverstone is just fr3.5 supporting the wec/endurance stuff. effectively i suppose russia has it instead. hence the higher than usual percentage of russian drivers and a russian team (which is really still french).

capische?
Old 14 Mar 2012, 13:07 (Ref:3040912)   #307
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
morning times courtesy of the wsr twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/#!/WSR_Live/stat...050432/photo/1

(steady, don't all rush to comment at once )
Old 14 Mar 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3040918)   #308
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
morning times courtesy of the wsr twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/#!/WSR_Live/status/179912168140050432/photo/1

(steady, don't all rush to comment at once )
Hold your horses, I'm just waking up here!
Old 14 Mar 2012, 13:24 (Ref:3040921)   #309
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
and tenths is one of your first destinations? we're honoured... i think

as they proudly point out, frijns is now 4 seconds ahead of the lap record in the old car. obviously test times mean naff all, but that's a pretty serious increase on what's now a 1m45s lap.
Old 14 Mar 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3041024)   #310
Frosty11
Rookie

Frosty11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this should be a good season as they are lots of talented drivers
Old 14 Mar 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3041136)   #311
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i'll say

bianchi nearly but not quite matched frijns' time this afternoon: times and press release here:

http://tentenths.com/news/showentry.php?e=2860

eversoslightly biased in the other direction report from the ever-present italiaracing here:
http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=34954&cat=5
Old 16 Mar 2012, 16:13 (Ref:3042280)   #312
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
Travin also says he still wants to enter the series and is planning to buy one of the teams selected for 2012 season. He's ready to use up to 2 million pounds to get what he wants. If the buyout succeeds, the team will keep its current name in 2012 and will be renamed as Max Travin Racing in 2013.
A recent press release from Max Travin Racing calls BVM-Target "Italo-Russian team" and refers to Maxim Travin as manager of BVM-Target... it also mentions Russian mechanics.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3053014)   #313
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to admit I didn't actually realise this, but today was the first day of testing in Barcelona!

The morning session was a bit of a washout, but the afternoon was dry and the new car has shattered whatever the previous FR3.5 lap record was - Kevin Magnussen was fastest with a 1:29.952, which is only about two seconds shy of a front-running GP2 lap time at the same venue.

Quote:
1 - Kevin Magnussen - Carlin - 1'29"952 - 26
2 - Marco Sorensen - Lotus - 1'30"166 - 30
3 - Robin Frijns - Fortec - 1'30"166 - 20
4 - Kevin Korjus - Tech 1 - 1'30"409 - 31
5 - Nick Yelloly - Comtec - 1'30"498 - 24
6 - Richie Stanaway - Lotus - 1'30"582 - 40
7 - Nico Muller - Draco - 1'30"592 - 27
8 - Sam Bird - ISR - 1'31"295 - 25
9 - Andre Negrao - Draco - 1'31"352 - 32
10 - Jules Bianchi - Tech 1 - 1'31"430 - 22
11 - Nikolay Martsenko - BVM Target - 1'31"472 - 44
12 - Jake Rosenzweig - ISR - 1'31"517 - 24
13 - Will Stevens - Carlin - 1'31"836 - 37
14 - Vittorio Ghirelli - Comtec - 1'32"012 - 26
15 - Giovanni Venturini - BVM Target - 1'32"018 - 29
16 - Alexander Rossi - Arden Caterham - 1'32"454 - 12
17 - Daniil Move - P1 - 1'32"596 - 31
18 - Walter Grubmuller - P1 - 1'32"597 - 14
19 - Zoel Amberg - Pons - 1'32"610 - 47
20 - Arthur Pic - Dams - 1'33"169 - 29
21 - Anton Nebilitskiy - RFR - 1'33"604 - 22
22 - Lewis Williamson - Arden Caterham - 1'33"736 - 22
23 - Yann Cunha - Pons - 1'33"970 - 36
24 - Mikhail Aleshin - RFR - 1'34"047 - 24
25 - Lucas Foresti - Dams - 1'38"670 - 10
26 - Carlos Huertas - Fortec - 1'51"132 - 15
Old 3 Apr 2012, 18:06 (Ref:3053030)   #314
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some surprises today, some people higher, and others lower, than expected. But as it's only Day 1 I guess it shouldn't be that surprising after all.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3053157)   #315
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Got to be said that Magnussen is impressive though. He was quick in his first tests in the old car at the end of last year and quickest by far today in the new one.

Will be interesting to see how they all fare in dry conditions though.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3053180)   #316
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
the lap time set by magnussen today was actually 4 tenths faster than pole time for the 2011 gp2 race which is a bit of an interesting stat.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 00:09 (Ref:3053229)   #317
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Very interesting stat.

It's worth reading the report. Magnussen sounds to have had the situation covered whatever the conditions.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 08:30 (Ref:3053299)   #318
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Wow, faster than GP2 is impressive...

I can't wait for the season to start to get a proper 'feel' for these new cars.

Also interesting to note that Marco Sorensen was also very quick, and as with Kevin, also did a good job at the end of last seasons tests.

Both seem to be pretty adaptable drivers?
Old 19 Apr 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3062278)   #319
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So cool seeing Frijns dominate winter testing, the kid is rookie in a field filled with big reputations and yet... ;-)
Old 19 Apr 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3062292)   #320
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
yeah, this is testing... let's not count any chickens yet

it's going to be really interesting because they've had relatively little clear dry running in the cars. i think we'll see the guys who can just get in a car and go quickly immediately up front and then by the middle of the season the battle will have changed completely. i honestly don't think anyone's going to run away with anything this year.

two weeks to go? very exciting
Old 19 Apr 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3062303)   #321
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Yeah can't wait to hear and see the new cars running, albeit on the box!
Old 21 Apr 2012, 01:20 (Ref:3062898)   #322
Felipe
Rookie

Brazil
Brasilia
Felipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right now, I would love if Robin Frijns and Richie Stanaway fight for the title. These guys made an incredible job since the first post-season testing.

But, actually, I think it's a battle between Jules Bianchi, Sam Bird, Kevin Magnussen and, maybe, Kevin Korjus. With Frinjs/Stanaway, Pic, Müller, Sorensen and even Negrao with a little chance.

Btw, is it just me or someone else is (bad) impressed with Caterham Arden pace? I thought Alex Rossi and Lewis Williamson would be a pair to make a run for the title, but they struggled so hard on tests.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 04:09 (Ref:3062918)   #323
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will believe nothing until the first race.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 07:24 (Ref:3062962)   #324
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Rossi will surely be a contender, much depends if he can become more consistent because the basic speed is there?
Old 29 Apr 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3067057)   #325
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Time to unstick now as the first rounds are coming up next weekend. YAY!!!!