Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Oct 2000, 21:44 (Ref:43765)   #1
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Where do your loyalties lie .
Is it with the driver or the team .

eg..There seems to have been an increase in Ferrari fans ever scince TGF went there if he left would his fans then support that team, say Minardi for instance or continue to support Ferrari
Old 20 Oct 2000, 21:56 (Ref:43766)   #2
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
For loyalties, see user name...
Old 20 Oct 2000, 22:47 (Ref:43777)   #3
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Both

I like certain drivers, my favourites being Jacques and Trulli. I do like Ferrari and Barichello, and of course I also like Mika for the gentleman he is as well as being a great driver. AND, I am tipping Ralf to be the best non Ferrari/McLaren achiever this weekend. AND, I hope Bunsen does well, and I also hope Minardi will improve dramatically next year with the new Mugen engine, and I am also interested to see how Montoya goes in F1. AND, M&M are OK too, and so is Ricardo and Pedro. However, I can never understand a word Louise Goodman says. That just about sums it up.
Old 20 Oct 2000, 23:59 (Ref:43798)   #4
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still like to see the Formula One World Championship as a drivers championship although the car plays a big (the biggest?) part in it.
So I support the drivers, yes that's plural, the drivers.
Although I do have a favourite driver for personal reasons, I can't think of any current driver that I dislike.
Even Gaston Mazzacane is many times a better driver than I am.
And anyone who's better at something than I am deserves my respect.
Old 21 Oct 2000, 01:44 (Ref:43808)   #5
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
West McLaren Mercedes 's the team.

But I prefer passionate, flawed and controversy drivers like TGF, Irvine and Senna becos without them F1 will be like tea without sugar: healthy but not tasty!

PS: How do I change the colours of my sentences?
Old 21 Oct 2000, 14:38 (Ref:43888)   #6
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why, do you want green or yellow sentences?

I support drivers, not teams. So which teams I support depends on which drivers they have. My favourite driver in the current crop is Jacques Villeneuve, so naturally I hope for BAR to do well. But I also like drivers such as Mika, Rubens, Jenson and HHF.

I don't dislike TGF either for instance, the only reason I would rather see someone else winning is that he's won so many races, and for that reason it's nice to see someone else win!
Old 21 Oct 2000, 15:27 (Ref:43896)   #7
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drivers

Teams are things that drivers need.
Except for Ferrari of course, Ferrari is cool.
Old 21 Oct 2000, 17:49 (Ref:43905)   #8
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Jordan: they have the best paint scheme!! It was ARROWS for awhile, then they messed up their paint w/ the the black added to the orange. Could've been McLaren if they would've kept their original debut yellow-orange. Purely subjective.
Old 21 Oct 2000, 19:06 (Ref:43908)   #9
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I support drivers.

Of course i have a small preferece for some teams and I am (and always have been ) anti Ferrari.

i know some big Ferrari fans who don't like TGF and would be happy if he left.
Old 21 Oct 2000, 19:17 (Ref:43913)   #10
Tris
Racer

Tris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all...

Generally it may sound weird but I all ways have the driver I support as well as the team. My favourite driver is Jacques. Gilles is my all time favourite and because of that I have follows Jacques from the very start of his career. Although I am really exited about Montoya... I loved the battles he had with Zonta in F3000 in 1997.

I have always had a preference for English teams over Italian. I think Lotus is my favourite team of all time but I love Williams. I really admire Frank. I really like Ron too, we have very similar personalities

Tris
Old 21 Oct 2000, 21:54 (Ref:43939)   #11
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slick toast I have to agree with you about the jordan with out a doubt the best none tobacco livery on the track I love the Buzzin Hornet thing
I'd have to disagree on the Arrows though I think it looks great with the Orange livery.This year I've purchased an Arrows & Jordan baseball cap they both look really good, I like the Lost Boys touch on the back of the Arrows .
Although I am a bit puzzled is the only reason you support Jordan, because you like the paint scheme ?
Old 21 Oct 2000, 23:35 (Ref:43954)   #12
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest, for me the race is the thing, rather than any great team or driver loyalty. A driver who can provide a good race will get my attention and support, and a team that gives its drivers an opportunity to be racers gets my approval.

I suppose I'm a little biased towards the underdog teams, who persevere against the odds (read Tyrrell). But when F1 is just one facet of the world of motor sports, it's almost too time consuming to be fanatical about just one marque.

Of course, if a certain British luxury sports car manufacturer went back into endurance racing, I might have to change my tune....
Old 21 Oct 2000, 23:45 (Ref:43955)   #13
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For me it is the driver.

For many years, especially through the eighties and into the early nineties, there were few drivers I really liked save De Angelis. Hakkinen appealed to me from the moment he arrived in F1. Damon Hill won me over with his fortitude and the way he matured in the wake of Senna's death. I would say that I am at the mercy of the Press and find that the drivers I like best are those who come across in print as modest, steadfast and gentlemanly. Hence I like Mika H and cannot stand Mika S; I like Frentzen and Herbert. Though I enjoy Villeneuve and Irvine's antics, i prefer drivers in the mould of Wurz.
Old 22 Oct 2000, 14:23 (Ref:44041)   #14
smurficus69
Rookie

smurficus69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I follow anyone who drives for Jordan.

I with Bounce. The most exciting drivers of the moment are Jacques and Trulli. I also think that if you put Gene in one of the quicker teams you could see a new face on the podium.
Old 22 Oct 2000, 14:42 (Ref:44047)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have always liked The Two Red Cars but frequently not cared a hoot about the pilots of same -- could absolutely not warm up to Jody, not the least because of my admiration for Gilles, but generally because I just don't care for him. I followed Prost no matter what team he raced for, even when he was in those ridiculous Yellow Teapots ... because I like to see a thing well done, and because Prost always looked overjoyed when he got the pole, no matter how many times he had done it.

In the present field it's Jordan for reasons I mentioned on another thread, and Trulli and Zonta for pilots. They will deal well together if they get to be teammates some day.
Old 22 Oct 2000, 16:03 (Ref:44064)   #16
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love Ferrari since I was a kid and never thought about supporting another team. Even though Ferrari were beaten year after year and last time when they got a driver's championship I was very young. I didn't care who was driving for them. (Actually I didn't care who got the WDC, the Constructor's title was more important to me. Heh-hee, two in a row! and more to come!).

In '95 I was very upset when I heard that a certain "arrogant" and ... whatever Schumacher will be driving a Ferrari. However, looking at what he did for Scuderia I learned to respect and like and be grateful to him. And I have a small dilemma, if Schumacher will ever move to another team what shall I do? On a second thought, that's not bad! I will have three chances to be happy after a race. But he won't leave!!!
Old 22 Oct 2000, 16:38 (Ref:44069)   #17
Jo
Rookie

Jo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren

For me its the engineering that makes F1, so my loyalties are with teams. I think the credit has to go to more than just the drivers, with so much coming down to set up, strategy and of course the design of the cars themselves. I hope one day that's what I'll be doing.

Incidently McLaren weren't doing too well when I first got into F1 and not knowing the history at the time, I had actually gone for the underdogs - contrary to accusations of glory hunting by tifosi 'friends'.

My favourite driver at the moment is Button and I look forward to hopefully seeing him develop as a driver over the next few years. I'm happier seeing McLaren winning though and i'm sure they'll be fighting back next season.
Old 22 Oct 2000, 17:26 (Ref:44072)   #18
RP75
Rookie

RP75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love Ferrari and for me it's the team that is important.
I don't think formula 1 could live whitout Ferrari because
all the Tifosis loves the cars not the drivers they don't care who's winning as long as it's a Ferrari.
Old 22 Oct 2000, 20:30 (Ref:44101)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the last years my favourite team is Jordan, but this year was a deception.
I have followed HHF since Sauber days but again this year...
Trulli is one I follow too, I would like to see him a better car...

In my youth I had a wild passion for Lotus, maybe the only team to merge with Ferrari with the fans... They were classic, stylish and fast ! Brabham and Tyrrell were my second favourites...

But no driver EVER got my undisputed passion like Gilles Villeneuve, and the gods of speed decided that him should drive a Ferrari, wich I consider the symbolism of racing...