Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 19 Dec 2013, 03:18 (Ref:3345772)   #16
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

Puerto Rico
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Before I go crazy on sketchup , I'd like to throw out a couple of simple lines just to get the "feel" of the terrain. I'd start with this one, the total length is 4668 meters, including the existing oval section, I choose to go CW and got some 775m main straight, good enough for top gear, following a couple of wide turns to spread out the field before the real first tight corner, I choose to include some tight corners, because...well, they're fun! then some increasing radius corner, a fast corner that leads to a tricky stop, since the faster and wider you go, the worst you will do on the next one, so the right balance will give pilots various options, before the next hard stop, then direction change to a fast corner, a run for another medium tight corner followed by a DA that opens up (I love those) leading to a hairpin and an annoying section not unlike Catalunya's middle corner leading to yet another left that leads back to the oval. The pit lane can be located in the oval area. Hope you didn't get dizzy with my track, it's some 17 corners for 4.7K so it's not that bad because most corners are fast. I see 10 rights and 7 lefts so its fairly balanced for the tires.It's still at a very simple stage so it can be tweaked.
Attached Thumbnails
4768m test track.jpg  

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 19 Dec 2013 at 03:26.
Old 19 Dec 2013, 09:22 (Ref:3345841)   #17
F1 lobby
Rookie

Netherlands
F1 lobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This lay-out looks already great! How you think about an SSes on the second longest straight?

Old 20 Dec 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3346152)   #18
F1 lobby
Rookie

Netherlands
Luiggi sorry man for messing up your sketch but these little tweaks are just the finishing touches of your design,,and we're done! It's a wrap What a thrilling lay-out this would be!

I opened up T4 and T5, I created "new" T10 the almost flat out chicane, and I opened up T16 also to keep the flow in the lap. There are already a few braking zones so passing will be challenge anyway. But hey that's racing ain't it?!

For some 4 elevation changes T14/T15 (" the SSes") could be build on a hill of 10 meter with a steep slope towards the highest level of the right apex of T14, T15 steep downhill towards T16. Also T7 build on a hill of 5 meters and the new chicane "new" T10 also build on a 5 meter hill. T4 also build on a 5 meter hill to create a blind entry into T5.

It's just a silly idea so just tell me if I lost my mind on this one

Last edited by F1 lobby; 20 Dec 2013 at 00:40.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3346281)   #19
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
SpeedingTortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My idea for this site. It was quite tricky to get the length out of this track but i think I have came with a solution that is a good compromise between length and speed.

4.12km 11m track width Clockwise. Will be finished later with barriers and run off.
Attached Thumbnails
test track holland 1.jpg  
Old 20 Dec 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3346361)   #20
F1 lobby
Rookie

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedingTortoise View Post
My idea for this site. It was quite tricky to get the length out of this track but i think I have came with a solution that is a good compromise between length and speed.

4.12km 11m track width Clockwise. Will be finished later with barriers and run off.
Nice lay-out too but Im a little concerned about the amount of right corners in the first sector, from the last corner (oval) until the first left hander are 6 corners and 50% of the total track length so I assume that the right tyres will cool down too much, don't you think?
Old 21 Dec 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3346667)   #21
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
Made a few changes to this. Changed the right-left-right to be a bit tighter and now the left kink is a proper corner now.Also opened up the hairpin and added barriers and run off.
Track length now 4.12km.
Attached Thumbnails
test track holland2.jpg  
Old 21 Dec 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3346763)   #22
F1 lobby
Rookie

Netherlands
Hi nice job man, only I would suggest to open up the hairpin slightly more with a mild bend towards T11 to create a more flowing entry into T12, and also open up the first proper left corner of the lap T8, therefore T7 needs to be moved down about 50 meters. The run-off will still be big enough for that part of the turn.
I abused your sketch too but like this it's more clear what I mean

You managed to use the space quite effictiently but only 4100 meters length, that is included the current oval?
Old 21 Dec 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3346786)   #23
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
How about something a little like this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Emmen Track.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	657.5 KB
ID:	41822

Excuse the jaunty angle
Old 22 Dec 2013, 11:01 (Ref:3346881)   #24
F1 lobby
Rookie

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
How about something a little like this...

Attachment 41822

Excuse the jaunty angle
The shape reminds me of a puzzle piece also a very efficient one although this lay-out is more technical with a lot of hard braking, I miss a little bit the flow in the track except T11 and T13 but besides that it's a yet very divers lay-out
Old 22 Dec 2013, 15:29 (Ref:3346967)   #25
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
Attempt #3

Refined this one even more. The left kink/corner has been removed so there is more space for the new infield. The hairpin has been opened up even more and the run down to the long right hander has been increased. The track length is now 4.96km.
Attached Thumbnails
test track holland3.jpg  
Old 22 Dec 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3346990)   #26
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

Puerto Rico
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^^^ I like that one looks very space efficient
Old 23 Dec 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3347412)   #27
F1 lobby
Rookie

Netherlands
That update looks great, you used the space very efficiently.
The only little thing is that it takes quite a while before the first left hander and the right tyres, or right side of the tyres will maybe cool down too much,,?
Too get a little bit more balance between speed and the lack of fast left corners I suggest to open up much more the exit of the hairpin, a proper bend to open up the entry of T11. It will make both left corners faster and flowing.
The entry of the hairpin remains the same ofcourse. And still enough space for the run-off too.
Old 26 Dec 2013, 12:23 (Ref:3347990)   #28
F1 lobby
Rookie

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedingTortoise View Post
Refined this one even more. The left kink/corner has been removed so there is more space for the new infield. The hairpin has been opened up even more and the run down to the long right hander has been increased. The track length is now 4.96km.
This is what I mean with the bend from T10 to T11:

But how you think about these changes, some more balance in the amount of left handers but still your designed shapes of the corners..I only don't have a clue if the track length even increased..

Old 26 Dec 2013, 15:56 (Ref:3348031)   #29
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
To be honest, I think you are creating a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. With my original layout there are 10 rights and 7 lefts which is fine. To me, the additional left between T10 and T11 doesn't add anything to the track and just get rid of a straight. The alternate layout you have made just replicates corners that are already in the track and doesn't provide the variety that a test track should have. These are just my thoughts however but I would like to hear what the rest of community think.
Old 26 Dec 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3348074)   #30
F1 lobby
Rookie

Netherlands
The alternate lay-out replicates most of your corners indeed so forget about that one but I would like to see at least some more exciting left handers because there are very few, although the right handers are very fast, especially the first sector.

That's why I suggest to open up the exit of T10 and the entry of T11, and the bend between those corners is actually a nice flowing part too.
There are already a lot of straights so a bit more variety will finish the job perfectly. And if you could have a look to the junction of that left-right chicane of the existing track which is located a little bit more to the right, and the oval is a little smaller than yours.

As far as my opinion counts I would choose for your lay-out because until now that's the most efficient one. I also would like to know the vision and opinions of the others uphere but it seems that this thread is not interesting enough despite the amount of views, nobody even takes the effort except you, Luiggispeed and Scotsbrutesfan, it's a shame but it makes the choice a lot easier