Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Oct 2016, 11:33 (Ref:3679522)   #1
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2017 Grand Prix volunteering - official

2017 British GP Volunteering
It's that time of the year again! The MSA is inviting you to volunteer for the GP next year (July 7/8/9 2017). For BMMC members we are putting the form on our website in the next couple of days so it should be there for use by our members. We will also be sending the forms to our newsletter editors to send out via our mail chimp process, in their next newsletters or as a separate distribution.

Here are some rules/guidelines to note

• Indicate with a tick the duty which you are applying for.
  • You must have marshalled a minimum of 12 days in your nominated duty in 2016 to be considered for selection. Please note that marshalling for 12 days is not a guarantee of selection. You may use a continuation sheet if there is insufficient space on the form to include all your meetings.
  • You may apply for more than one duty but you must be graded correctly and have marshalled at least 12 days in each duty.
  • Only circuit race days are eligible to be counted.
  • Applications will not be accepted from marshals who have trainee status at the time of application.
  • You must hold the correct grade of licence at the time of applying. Upgrades pending or submitted do not count.
  • If you are a member of more than one club please apply through one club only, multiple applications will not be accepted.
  • Only official forms, completed and signed by the official will be considered for selection.
  • You must be available to sign-on and possibly attend additional training sessions/briefings on Thursday 6th July.
  • If for exceptional reasons (marriage, ill health, change of job etc.) you were unable to do 12 days in 2016 then please submit an application with a short note of explanation.
  • Please do not staple anything to this form.
  • This form MUST be returned to your club for approval - please do not send it directly to IMS.
  • A list of nominations received will be published on www.msaevents.co.uk/bgp/marshals.php before Christmas. If your nomination is missing from this list please contact your club immediately.
  • Your forms must be sent to your club for accreditation so they can review them and send them to the MSA before 30th November - please note all BMMC ones need to be sent to ME - NOT your local comps sec or anyone else!
Any queries, please ask!

Enjoy
Old 12 Oct 2016, 12:25 (Ref:3679537)   #2
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If for exceptional reasons (marriage, ill health, change of job etc.) you were unable to do 12 days in 2016 then please submit an application with a short note of explanation.
For clarification is the marriage reason for GETTING married or BEING married?

[For further clarification, it doesn't affect me as we'll be saving holiday time for other trips]
Old 14 Nov 2016, 17:24 (Ref:3688036)   #3
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a reminder - nominations close this Saturday November 19th. BMMC members must have their forms to me by then so we can approve them.
Old 7 Feb 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3710730)   #4
RNHodge
Rookie

United Kingdom
Never on dry land
RNHodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had my email through saying I was unsuccessful. Well done to those who made it and I'm sure I'll have another go next year!

Good job I've got tickets anyway and wont have to worry about the early starts
Old 7 Feb 2017, 21:01 (Ref:3710801)   #5
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNHodge View Post
Just had my email through saying I was unsuccessful. Well done to those who made it and I'm sure I'll have another go next year!

Good job I've got tickets anyway and wont have to worry about the early starts
You mean you won't be getting up and making breakfast for your colleagues and friends? Tsk.

Old 8 Feb 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3711034)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
IMS web page states emailed invites will go out tomorrow.

It also has an updated FAQ, and info about the campsite and how things will be different this year.

That's being widely discussed elsewhere, but the gist of it is:

Motorhomes/caravans will be put in the same area.
Tents will be put in a separate area.
If you want to camp with someone, turn up at the same time as them.

Hrm...
Old 10 Feb 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3711386)   #7
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Motorhomes/caravans will be put in the same area.
Tents will be put in a separate area.
If you want to camp with someone, turn up at the same time as them.

Hrm...
Is anyone contacting them about this? It's going to be disappointing not to camp with my usual lot because of the wrong type of accommodation (and one of them is off in Cornwall because of date chagnes )

I don't want to send my form in just yet, as the 'camping buddy' is carefully calculated in our group to ensure that we are all together, and I will have to put a different name down if I really end up not being allowed near the caravans
Old 17 Feb 2017, 00:07 (Ref:3712709)   #8
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702 View Post
Is anyone contacting them about this? ..
Maybe you could?

Just a thought
Old 16 Mar 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3719168)   #9
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Nadine J Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The FAQs have been updated - there has been a lot of work behind the scenes. Hopefully the concerns raised by a few have been accommodated
Old 26 Jun 2017, 12:34 (Ref:3746946)   #10
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Allocations are out. V1 is HERE

Handy spreadsheet of doom is HERE
Old 6 Jul 2017, 07:44 (Ref:3749244)   #11
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't believe how quiet this thread is considering there is only a week to go!
Old 6 Jul 2017, 16:40 (Ref:3749305)   #12
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Apple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It all goes on Facebook now