Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 22 Oct 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2778511)   #51
Masher
Rookie

Masher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All been well i should be at Kartmania, so wuill look out for the stand.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2779724)   #52
adam1312
Rookie

United Kingdom
North East England
adam1312 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Starting Karting Uk

What do I do to get into a national championship what are the costs I don't have much money narely 14 have done 2 arrive drive sessions did a 59.239 at warden law on a sloppy track
Old 24 Oct 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2779726)   #53
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome to the forum,

Have a look at this thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111599

Arrive and Drive championships are the way to go for someone of limited experience like yourself.

Due to your location and fund limitations, i'd probably recommend: http://www.covkartsport.com/

Hope this helps.
Old 27 Oct 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2781105)   #54
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully DWF1 will be able to provide us with the 2011 Winter and Summer series dates hot off the press at the weekend, Club100 already have theirs out - should be plenty of scope between them for all those karters who have'nt the time, means or inclination to run their own kart - or indeed just want a level playing field.
Old 31 Oct 2010, 23:04 (Ref:2783172)   #55
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is the covkartsport calendar for 2011.

2011 Winter Series:

Jan 23rd - Round 1 - Sutton Circuit
Feb 12th - Whilton Mill Test day*
Feb 13th - Round 2 - Whilton Mill
March 6th - Round 3 - Ancaster Extended Practise

Covkartsport Championship:

April 2nd - Whilton Mill Test day*
April 3rd - Round 1 - Whilton Mill
May 1st - Round 2 - Rednal
May 22nd - Round 3 - Hooton Park
June 19th - Round 4 - Rye House

July 17th - The Welsh Open at Rednal (Non-championship event and a different format)

September 11th - Round 5 - Sutton Circuit
October 9th - Round 6 - Lakeside Circuit
November 6th - Round 7 - Ancaster Full Circuit
Old 1 Nov 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2783585)   #56
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
dwf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The test days will be mainly for the junior class as whilton state that you must be over 16 to go in their karts without an msa licence.

Some good tracks for next season.

If anyone is interested, contact Nick Stanley through the website with any questions or any applications for the 2011 season. It was a record breaking season in 2010 and we wouldn't want anyone to miss out

oh yeah and thanks to ghinzani for placing up the calendar before I had chance to log on!
Old 1 Nov 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2783675)   #57
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm over the moon with that calendar.

I've done a few races with Covkartsport this season (having done Club 100 on and off over the previous 4 years) and I've loved it. Very well organised, friendly bunch and competitive drivers at the sharp end. I've definately been bitten by the bug and am going back for more next year.

Even better for me is that, working some weekends, I'd feared I'd have to miss lots of rounds. however with that calendar its only Hooton Park and the Welsh Open that I'd miss so I'd accept that. And a trip to Lakeside too - one of my local tracks and a worth addition I'd say!
Old 5 Nov 2010, 21:28 (Ref:2785564)   #58
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see both calenders released, also good to see on the club 100 website they have pbtained brand hew karts for next year.

I may well enter the lakeside round of covkartsport as a one off..Love that track and im ptretty quick there
Old 5 Nov 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2785599)   #59
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
out of interest, approximately how much track time per meeting would I get with covkartsport? I am thinking I may well combine both! The winter series Whilton mill race, Buckmore club100, the main covkartsport meeting at Whilton, Bayford club100, covkartsport Rye house, Ellough park club 100, covkartsport lakeside, club 100 Bayford and club100 Buckmore! Sounds like a plan...will have to see how my finances hold up though!
Old 27 Nov 2010, 00:17 (Ref:2796251)   #60
Mej
Rookie

Taiwan
Mej should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands hatch View Post
out of interest, approximately how much track time per meeting would I get with covkartsport? I am thinking I may well combine both! The winter series Whilton mill race, Buckmore club100, the main covkartsport meeting at Whilton, Bayford club100, covkartsport Rye house, Ellough park club 100, covkartsport lakeside, club 100 Bayford and club100 Buckmore! Sounds like a plan...will have to see how my finances hold up though!
Seriously considering doing Club 100 instead of buying a kart and trying to run through senior TKM for my first year of karting, not sure which would be better really?

Club 100 seems very convenient but it looks like you would be alot less likly to win as i imagine there are some very good drivers that are already dominating the series.
Old 27 Nov 2010, 03:57 (Ref:2796297)   #61
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mej View Post
Seriously considering doing Club 100 instead of buying a kart and trying to run through senior TKM for my first year of karting, not sure which would be better really?

Club 100 seems very convenient but it looks like you would be alot less likly to win as i imagine there are some very good drivers that are already dominating the series.
Where you based in DOrset?
Old 28 Nov 2010, 09:25 (Ref:2796689)   #62
Mej
Rookie

Taiwan
Poole, why's that mate?
Old 28 Nov 2010, 23:48 (Ref:2796957)   #63
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mej View Post
Poole, why's that mate?
Just wondering how close you were to Clay Pigeon. Club100 was there a fortnight ago I think. Superb circuit.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 20:03 (Ref:2797810)   #64
Mej
Rookie

Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Just wondering how close you were to Clay Pigeon. Club100 was there a fortnight ago I think. Superb circuit.
Its where I plan on doing Tkm if I get sorted in time for next season. Want to do a few arrive and drives as well so I will probably give club 100 a crack.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2799653)   #65
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_cat View Post
I'm over the moon with that calendar.

I've done a few races with Covkartsport this season (having done Club 100 on and off over the previous 4 years) and I've loved it. Very well organised, friendly bunch and competitive drivers at the sharp end. I've definately been bitten by the bug and am going back for more next year.

Even better for me is that, working some weekends, I'd feared I'd have to miss lots of rounds. however with that calendar its only Hooton Park and the Welsh Open that I'd miss so I'd accept that. And a trip to Lakeside too - one of my local tracks and a worth addition I'd say!

Did you?? which races did you do? Sorry been so many drivers this year that it's hard to remember all the names!
Old 4 Dec 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2799658)   #66
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands hatch View Post
The track time is different depending on whether it is winter or summer series.

The winter series is normally a short qualifying/practise session (about 10 to 15 mins) and then two ten mins sprints. The grid is reversed for the second race.

The summer series is three races of between 8-10 laps each, depending on the circuit. There is a short 3 lap practise before you go straight into your first race.

PM me with any questions or e-mail me on david-whitehouse@hotmail.co.uk
Old 8 Dec 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2801636)   #67
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf1 View Post
Did you?? which races did you do? Sorry been so many drivers this year that it's hard to remember all the names!
I did Ancaster (the first one), Rednal and Rye House in the Heavyweights, with varied results. Looking forward to getting fully into it next year, already started trying to trim those last few pounds at the gym!
Old 29 Dec 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2809255)   #68
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
Don't worry! I had varied results in those three too. Actually Rye House was my worst ever day results-wise since I started karting. Can't wait till the season starts again....I'm hoping to put the pounds on so I am a clear heavyweight when the season starts
Old 31 Jan 2011, 23:46 (Ref:2823550)   #69
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

I've created seperate threads about Covkartsport and the BRKC to avoid some confusion of differing ongoing championships being discussed here. Happy for this one to be used for other new ones and discussion of relative merits etc. Also if anyone wants a Club100 seperate thread or D-Max let me know.
Old 17 Mar 2011, 04:22 (Ref:2847252)   #70
eizox
Rookie

England
Somerset, England
eizox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
14th April 2011, karting race at Whilton Mill Circuit

Hi, this is an open invite to anyone interested for a race me and some friends are having at whilton mill circuit in Northamptonshire on the 14th April

basically at the moment we are struggling for numbers and would like to get a full grid if possible. We are doing a 40min race, with 20mins practice on the National Circuit.

i believe the price is £65 per person.

Anyone thats interested can either email me on lifetheuniverseandeverything@hotmail.co.uk
or message me on this forum.

I will also add, that obviously i'd like my friends to come first, so it may be late notice that any proper invites are given, apologies for this i just felt it was better to get an invite out on the forum sooner rather than later.

Jeff
Old 22 Mar 2011, 14:22 (Ref:2851271)   #71
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
Club100: 60 minute challenge

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone on here is doing the club100 60min challenge this year?

We are entered in round 2 on the 2nd April at Buckmore park and hope to do all the others, we missed the first round as we only found out about it after round one had taken place!

The format looks good and the price seems pretty good aswell, as you can have either one or two driver teams

Liam
Old 12 Oct 2012, 19:03 (Ref:3150519)   #72
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newbie looking for advice

Some friends and I have taken up karting as a weekly hobby over at a local indoor track. Looking for tips on getting better, my best currently is a 44.483 and want to get down to the 41s.

Here's a track map (only run it counter clockwise so far):

http://http://www.ontrackkarting.com...rackmap-lg.png

I think I'm losing the most time on the left half of the track

Thanks

-scooter
Old 12 Oct 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3150522)   #73
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Link doesn't seem to work....
Old 12 Oct 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3150525)   #74
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm you're right. I'll try and fix it when I have access to a pc. Phone/ipad doesn't always work lol. Let's try this one

http://www.ontrackkarting.com/wp-con...facilities.jpg

Last edited by Scooter185; 12 Oct 2012 at 19:38.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 14:05 (Ref:3151600)   #75
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Which way does it go?

Very hard to give you advice as i have not seen you drive or seen the track/surface with my own eyes.

The one bit of advice i can give for indoor karting is MOMENTUM. Keep it smooth, keep the thing rolling. Sliding (wildly) kills it.