Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Jan 2017, 01:37 (Ref:3707959)   #1251
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon Clipsal will be on 8 for the opening
Old 31 Jan 2017, 01:41 (Ref:3707961)   #1252
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nick Percat will be sponsored by Coates Hire and Morris Finance again apparently he was sponsored by them in 2014 and throughout his DVS and carrera cup stints. A Nissan source has also confirmed that there offical launch will be on febraury 9th
Old 31 Jan 2017, 01:58 (Ref:3707966)   #1253
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
Nick Percat will be sponsored by Coates Hire and Morris Finance again apparently he was sponsored by them in 2014 and throughout his DVS and carrera cup stints. A Nissan source has also confirmed that there offical launch will be on febraury 9th
Except Morris Finance clashes with longtime BJR sponsor Summit Finance & leasing...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 31 Jan 2017, 02:01 (Ref:3707967)   #1254
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Except Morris Finance clashes with longtime BJR sponsor Summit Finance & leasing...
Hmmm never thought about that all I know is that he's got Coates Hire coming on board probably but now Morris Finance seems unlikely
Old 31 Jan 2017, 02:13 (Ref:3707969)   #1255
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Hmmm never thought about that all I know is that he's got Coates Hire coming on board probably but now Morris Finance seems unlikely
So given the above posts were only separated by 20min, with a complete flip included, any chance the posting of rumours can be culled to maybe a daily update?
Old 31 Jan 2017, 02:48 (Ref:3707977)   #1256
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
So given the above posts were only separated by 20min, with a complete flip included, any chance the posting of rumours can be culled to maybe a daily update?
I thought they had ceased sponsorship of BJR but they seemed to have back flipped. I'm sorry if that was annoying for anyone but why attack me just for posting things I heard and haven't heard? So far that's the only time I've been wrong so far I post what I hear from within the Supercars community sometimes it's going be wrong I admitted that so why post that?

Last edited by PS2244; 31 Jan 2017 at 03:02.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 04:31 (Ref:3707987)   #1257
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps we should just stick to discussing what we already know?
Old 31 Jan 2017, 04:35 (Ref:3707988)   #1258
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Its a silly season thread, one of its key purposes is to discuss rumours.

Perhaps the crotchety old timers should cut the newbie some slack.

Im enjoying the rumours and there seems to be some basis for them
Old 31 Jan 2017, 04:36 (Ref:3707989)   #1259
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Its a silly season thread, one of its key purposes is to discuss rumours.

Perhaps the crotchety old timers should cut the newbie some slack.

Im enjoying the rumours and there seems to be some basis for them
Thanks Peckstar
Old 31 Jan 2017, 04:40 (Ref:3707990)   #1260
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
90% of the silly season is discussing what could be/is happening
Old 31 Jan 2017, 06:16 (Ref:3708001)   #1261
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
One thing we do know is that several teams havent shared when they are launching for 2017

BJR has been super quiet considering they have a new pilot and new brands to talk about in their programs.

NisMoAu has been completely absent, the VESA stories carrying the SdS the only stories going on with them. There arelikely new brands here, as well as the new pilot, yet completely noiseless

Prodrive have launched in absentia, their merchandise website sharing SuperCheap, Bottle O, Mega & Monster as title sponsors. Yet no look at the art....

Tekno have seemingly gone to hide under a rock, a new technical team, a new title sponsor, and nothing is out in the world..

Team18 have said very little, and they have anew shed to show off..

GRM are busy de-😚Volvoising so their noiselessness may make sense

WP are busy hosing off all that Holden muck from their gear, and they have a new shed to talk about too, plus a new pilot, and a much different sponsor/funding mix

Erebus is not quite clear, new car for #9, the old #9 for #4, yet what does any of it look like? Some of the newer suggestions for the Penrite car arent half bad, but surely something is going on there somewhere

And LDM.. 2016 proved even they dont know what branding is going on their cars till the first race... new pilot, backing...

While DJRTP & 888 are out in the world showing off their new wares, brands, people...

Its TOO QUIET.....
Old 31 Jan 2017, 06:30 (Ref:3708002)   #1262
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
One thing we do know is that several teams havent shared when they are launching for 2017

BJR has been super quiet considering they have a new pilot and new brands to talk about in their programs.

NisMoAu has been completely absent, the VESA stories carrying the SdS the only stories going on with them. There arelikely new brands here, as well as the new pilot, yet completely noiseless

Prodrive have launched in absentia, their merchandise website sharing SuperCheap, Bottle O, Mega & Monster as title sponsors. Yet no look at the art....

Tekno have seemingly gone to hide under a rock, a new technical team, a new title sponsor, and nothing is out in the world..

WP are busy hosing off all that Holden muck from their gear, and they have a new shed to talk about too, plus a new pilot, and a much different sponsor/funding mix

Erebus is not quite clear, new car for #9, the old #9 for #4, yet what does any of it look like? Some of the newer suggestions for the Penrite car arent half bad, but surely something is going on there somewhere

And LDM.. 2016 proved even they dont know what branding is going on their cars till the first race... new pilot, backing...

While DJRTP & 888 are out in the world showing off their new wares, brands, people...

Its TOO QUIET.....
That was a good read i would describe the current situation as the calm before the storm. Speedcafe posted today that Nissan are launching on febraury the 9th so is there any updates about the future of sengled? And at least 1 of the LDM cars will be revealed this Thursday driver and all
Old 31 Jan 2017, 06:44 (Ref:3708003)   #1263
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
That was a good read i would describe the current situation as the calm before the storm. Speedcafe posted today that Nissan are launching on febraury the 9th so is there any updates about the future of sengled? And at least 1 of the LDM cars will be revealed this Thursday driver and all
I read that car sales are staying with Todd, however not sure how much
Old 31 Jan 2017, 06:49 (Ref:3708005)   #1264
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
bit more experience in the 2nd PRA pit. surely have to be a chance to out perform the 1st pit
Old 31 Jan 2017, 06:59 (Ref:3708007)   #1265
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I read that car sales are staying with Todd, however not sure how much
CarSales is on the GT-R this weekend, albeit in a small way..
Old 31 Jan 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3708009)   #1266
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Here it is

Kelly Supercars sponsors back GT-R

Quote:
Kelly will again race with primary support from Carsales in this year’s Supercars Championship, continuing a partnership that began in September, 2015.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 07:09 (Ref:3708010)   #1267
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Carsales are signed on to sponsor Todd this year I would think it could be his last year, it is in his teams best interests that he should step away from full time driving after this year. It does seem like the #55/#56 garage may outperform the #5/#6 garage this year with more experience on there side
Old 31 Jan 2017, 07:24 (Ref:3708015)   #1268
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Its TOO QUIET.....
You have to admit, that with all the changes going on, it has been a relatively quiet off-season for news.

Probably fair to say that the Powder Room has some competition in the form of the Fantasy Fiction section
Old 31 Jan 2017, 07:28 (Ref:3708017)   #1269
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
You have to admit, that with all the changes going on, it has been a relatively quiet off-season for news.

Probably fair to say that the Powder Room has some competition in the form of the Fantasy Fiction section
Agreed
Old 31 Jan 2017, 09:19 (Ref:3708035)   #1270
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Teams could be waiting for the other side of the 12hr
Old 31 Jan 2017, 09:22 (Ref:3708036)   #1271
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Teams could be waiting for the other side of the 12hr
Yeah that makes sense a lot of teams/drivers are involved in it this year
Old 31 Jan 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3708053)   #1272
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
From the PRA mob...

Old 31 Jan 2017, 11:10 (Ref:3708054)   #1273
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

Old 31 Jan 2017, 13:04 (Ref:3708088)   #1274
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

GRM are busy de-��Volvoising so their noiselessness may make sense

Its TOO QUIET.....
Something big could be about to go down
Old 31 Jan 2017, 13:07 (Ref:3708089)   #1275
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Carsales are signed on to sponsor Todd this year I would think it could be his last year, it is in his teams best interests that he should step away from full time driving after this year. It does seem like the #55/#56 garage may outperform the #5/#6 garage this year with more experience on there side
The best thing really is for Nissan to stay consistant with their drivers. I think that Frosty is with Waters and Bright with Mostert for a reason, we wont know why but I feel maybe the two with experience will help the younger drivers