Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Sep 2000, 17:30 (Ref:38627)   #1
White Van Man
Racer

White Van Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just found this piccy - anyone know what caused it, and who was involved ? It is obviously at Donington, but that's all I can make out from the picture...

Old 22 Sep 2000, 18:33 (Ref:38632)   #2
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome mr van
Do yo think that could be a BOSS formula car? It looks a bit F1 to me
Old 22 Sep 2000, 18:37 (Ref:38634)   #3
White Van Man
Racer

White Van Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The filename of the photo includes F3000, so it could just be that it's not F1 Could be in the F3000 section of BOSS though I guess...
Old 22 Sep 2000, 18:58 (Ref:38635)   #4
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a fair point
Old 25 Sep 2000, 12:03 (Ref:39145)   #5
Flagman
Racer

Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It happened a few years ago down at the Old Hairpin at Donington - It was during a practice session for a British F3000 round - I think the driven may have been Jason Elliot.

He lost it under braking into the Hairpin (probably 'coz he was looking at another car being snatched from the gravel trap), spun across the grass on the apex of the corner, back across the track on the exit of the corner, hitting the kerbing which launched the car backwards up and over the gravel trap. The car bounced about once in the gravel, before hitting the base of the tyre wall, still travelling at a fair speed backwards. The car pivoted vertically about its back end so that the nose caught between the top wires of the debris fencing and then the back end lifted off the ground and flipped up and over the debris fencing, completing a half roll to end up as you can see. The driver climbed out completly unharmed, only to just miss being hit by the track camera falling off the large post in the background - the camera was still working however, although race control could only see the ground swinging gently backwards and forwards

Its quite a coincidence to see the picture, as I was reminded of this incident just a few weeks ago after seeing Patrick Carpentiers's accident at Laguna Seca, which was very similar.