Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Jul 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2728587)   #301
SLK55
Racer

England
SLK55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The unwanted and unsolicited opinion of BossMan

Not requested, not accurate and not appreciated. If you are not going to post in a public forum, DO NOT POST YOUR CRAZY ATTACKS TO ME.

Dear slk55,
why always bashing and smashing against BOSS GP?
Do you know why some of the confirmed entries could not race at the Nurburgring or Zolder?? Smallest grid, crazy comment, how many BOSS Formula/EuroBOSS races you have seen?? I should send you the results archive...

We never said that we build up BOSS GP and then we have at every race 20 cars. For us the most important aim was to get the trust back of the organisers and drivers, to pay our bills correctly and in time, to have a good atmosphere in the paddock etc.

Every BOSS fan normally must be happy that these cars still racing at Zolder, Zandvoort, Nurburgring, Spa, etc. and they have to realize that all these races would not happen this year if we were still with EuroBOSS and Roger Cowman! That's a fact! We are only in our first season with two races still to come and some upgrades and new ideas for the future!

The only thing I want is that all the discussions have to be fair but unfortunately I cannot see this at the moment.

Say me why nobody discussed about three cancelled EuroBOSS races because of no drivers interest (Michael Zele is running up and down here in the Zolder paddock with his EuroBOSS Magny Cours and Slovakia entry forms)? Where are all the positive comments about the biggest BOSS grid (18 cars at the Zandvoort grid, 19 in the padock) since Donington 2002 or talking about the spectacular race action we had at Hockenheim and the Nurburgring?

This is also what I mean when I always say it is very difficult to discuss with people which have no EuroBOSS inside look and I mean a real inside look.

Probably only Roger and myself know the real situation and the real stories (Michael Zele says he is not interested to know it..., so therefore he only knows what Roger says to him)!

Regards

Christian
BOSS GP Championship Co-ordinator
Old 18 Jul 2010, 18:41 (Ref:2728612)   #302
backfire
Rookie

backfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have decided to post my reaction to this on the EuroBOSS thread
Old 18 Jul 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2728699)   #303
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is it acceptable to have a car in Boss/Euroboss that is 20 seconds a lap slower than the pole man on a sub 1.20 lap? I think it presents a danger with closing speeds etc.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2728702)   #304
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
I see no problem with Michael canvassing for support it is only what BossGP did and goes on in other series.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 20:42 (Ref:2728706)   #305
SLK55
Racer

England
Old 18 Jul 2010, 23:37 (Ref:2728788)   #306
Griff
Rookie

Wales
south wales
Griff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all, I have posted a few things earlier in the year but I am pretty new to everything that is going on. After many years of on and off watching of Euro Boss and eventually being able to beg borrow and steel enough money to buy
an F1 car I find that Euro Boss doesn't seem to be happening to any great degree and Boss GP masters class for older GP cars seems to be populated by
some very late machinery and no F1 cars so I am now in a bit of a predicament as to what to do, I don't have a huge budget or large team I engineer the car myself and all my guys are unpaid this does mean I cant do a lot of long haul races or for that matter a full season it is just out of my range financially, but this doesn't mean I don't want to run the car but I would have to cherry pick circuits closer to home and while I'm on the subject of closer to home does anybody foresee anything happening in the UK ? and if not why not I really don't get the drift here because I have spoken to a few people who are in a similar position to myself but still don't run with either series why is this ? am I being really stupid or nieve or have I missed something catastrophic which stops people running in either or both series ? Anyway if anybody could throw some light on what's happening I would be grateful as all I want as i'm sure some other people do as well is to go and have FUN racing my very expensive toy Thanks all
GRIFF
PS I will also put this on the boss gp thread as well in case people don't read both
Old 20 Jul 2010, 10:25 (Ref:2729538)   #307
zeleracing
Racer

Austria
zeleracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...it occured that somebody did not like my comments on this thread

i therefore prefer not to post any comments on the BossGP thread anymore...
Old 22 Jul 2010, 08:22 (Ref:2730500)   #308
LuigiArrows
Rookie

LuigiArrows should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone,

I hope this forum will be helpfull

Some of you know me already: I am looking after the Arrows A21 and A22 of the Woodcocks. It seams that we stop racing after the last Dijon race in October, and for me it means that I will be looking for another job.

I will be very gratefull if you can pass the word, and show my CV to any team that may need a Race Engineer, or CAD designer, or datalogging engineer, etc...

Feel free to send me an e-mail and I will send you my CV back

Cheers
Luigi
Old 31 Aug 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2752636)   #309
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will there be a Boss GP race in Luxembourg this weekend?
The 'Goodyear Race Weekend' at Colmar-Berg is included in the 2010 Boss GP calendar, but the timing of the organization (EMCG) only mentions an 'F1 show' on Sunday.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 13:05 (Ref:2752702)   #310
wekatz
Rookie

wekatz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Calender at the BossGP website also reads
Quote:
4/5 September Goodyear Race Weekend (F1 Demo) Colmar-Berg
I think this is because the track has not the FIA approval for that sort of cars to race.
Old 6 Sep 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2755294)   #311
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is some footage of the F1 demo at Colmar-Berg on this site, with... Lëtzebuergesch commentary (very funny).

Don't know whether this was the first time that F1 cars drove on Luxembourgish soil.
Old 6 Sep 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2755301)   #312
benjabulle
Racer

benjabulle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see a Benetton B188, hope to have it in next Dijon meeting. One was entered by Moulin at Spa 1 or 2 years ago, is it the same chassis ?
Old 7 Sep 2010, 06:01 (Ref:2755491)   #313
HaRdCoRe-WeZ
Racer

HaRdCoRe-WeZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, it's the same car.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 11:19 (Ref:2757220)   #314
Chris Wilson
Racer

United Kingdom
Shropshire
Chris Wilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Hello all, I have posted a few things earlier in the year but I am pretty new to everything that is going on. After many years of on and off watching of Euro Boss and eventually being able to beg borrow and steel enough money to buy
an F1 car I find that Euro Boss doesn't seem to be happening to any great degree and Boss GP masters class for older GP cars seems to be populated by
some very late machinery and no F1 cars so I am now in a bit of a predicament as to what to do, I don't have a huge budget or large team I engineer the car myself and all my guys are unpaid this does mean I cant do a lot of long haul races or for that matter a full season it is just out of my range financially, but this doesn't mean I don't want to run the car but I would have to cherry pick circuits closer to home and while I'm on the subject of closer to home does anybody foresee anything happening in the UK ? and if not why not I really don't get the drift here because I have spoken to a few people who are in a similar position to myself but still don't run with either series why is this ? am I being really stupid or nieve or have I missed something catastrophic which stops people running in either or both series ? Anyway if anybody could throw some light on what's happening I would be grateful as all I want as i'm sure some other people do as well is to go and have FUN racing my very expensive toy Thanks all
GRIFF
PS I will also put this on the boss gp thread as well in case people don't read both

I have sent you an e-mail via this forum Griff.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 00:01 (Ref:2759047)   #315
HaRdCoRe-WeZ
Racer

Planning to attend the Centennial TT this weekend, does anybody have more info on the entrylist?
Old 15 Sep 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2759901)   #316
HaRdCoRe-WeZ
Racer

Never mind, found it on the website.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 09:38 (Ref:2760257)   #317
JakeC
Rookie

JakeC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for information on the current teams in EuroBoss. What I'd like is:
Team Name, Country they're based in, Car Type

Can anyone help please? I've looked on euroboss.com but can't find a list.

Many thanks,
JakeC
Old 18 Sep 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2761364)   #318
HaRdCoRe-WeZ
Racer

Hi Jake,

The site you've seen is from the EuroBOSS series. The BOSS GP (which is discussed in this thread) is another Big Open Single Seater racing series.

Today i saw the first free practice at Assen. All the cars were present except for the 2 G-Force IRL cars. Pictures will follow.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2761451)   #319
SLK55
Racer

England
Jake Chisholm doing some research for the beeb ??
Old 19 Sep 2010, 08:49 (Ref:2761452)   #320
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK55 View Post
Jake Chisholm doing some research for the beeb ??
Surely it would be easier to contact the organisers and say something like "BBC here, can you tell me ...."

Or, better still from a personal perspective, make a funded trip to a race and ask people.

As a BBC Tax payer I would think a few eMails or maybe a phone call or two would suffice.

ETA: Of course it may be that 10 Tenths sources provide better information with superior insights .....
Old 20 Sep 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2762141)   #321
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Any news or results from last weekend at Assen?
Old 20 Sep 2010, 22:47 (Ref:2762207)   #322
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some in Dutch.

But they include pictures and the result

Race 1 - http://www.autosport.nl/news/21330/b...fstelling.html

Race 2 - http://www.autosport.nl/news/21341/b...uit_assen.html
Old 2 Oct 2010, 17:13 (Ref:2768251)   #323
benjabulle
Racer

From Dijon, end of first session for k.Zwart with the best time :

2nd time for Van Kalmthout :

Third for A.Kog,...heu, no, not his helmet, this is S.Mansell.

Old 3 Oct 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2768734)   #324
benjabulle
Racer

Great first race, won by K.Zwart. 3 drivers were on the same line at the first corner, Zwart, Mansell and Van Kalmthout. Mansell is first 2 corners later and the other two are seen in the middle of the pack ! Mansell in front with several seconds and some laps later he's seen with several places lost, Zwart being first. Van Kalmthout joins Zwart but then has a mechanical failure, win for Zwart in front of Mansell and De Boer.

Old 3 Oct 2010, 22:59 (Ref:2768847)   #325
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Great to see Scott out playing how many cars were there Ben?