Old 25 Mar 2011, 18:07 (Ref:2853161)   #51
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
RussBohaty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A thought for the weekend and going forward

Hard work always beats talent when talent won't work hard.

From my "Helmet Talks" series. You can get them emailed to your inbox for free at my Racers Trainer. They are the exact mental focus words I share with my pro racers right before they hit the track.

Also for some of you guys who are not feeling ready to commit fully to fitness but know it's a good idea to start, I have what I call "The Couch Potato Workout" It is a series of movements and tailored exercises you can do in your living room without expensive equipment, designed to be done during the commercial breaks to your favorite shows or sporting events. The idea is to pre-condition the body for more exercise or to give you a way to improve your fitness on days when you don't feel up to the gym. It is a integral part of the "Racers Workout" package.

I'll send you a copy free when you email me at RussBohaty@gmail.com and mention your Ten-Tenths.

Kick some butt this weekend!

Russ
Old 26 Mar 2011, 15:38 (Ref:2853566)   #52
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
Travis Rilat: back behind the wheel!

http://budurl.com/zhye Hey Ten Tenths crew: Travis Rilat update in this short report on my blog. He was back at it last night!
Old 29 Mar 2011, 17:44 (Ref:2855522)   #53
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
Travis Rilat: More on his comeback

http://russbohaty.com/more-on-travis...o-competition/ Hey eveyone. This is a follow up article published on my blog this morning about Travis Rilat's comeback. I thought you might enjoy reading it. Russ
Old 30 Mar 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2855998)   #54
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
Race day nutrition and day before the race nutrition

Hey Ten Tenths Crew,

From you racers I get the question of what to eat the day before and the day of the race probably more than any other nutrition question. I have talked about it before in various places responding to various questions. I decided to lay it out clean for easy viewing in the second volume of the Mail Time! on my blog. Feel free to check it out. http://budurl.com/lysx
Old 1 Apr 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2856942)   #55
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
Foolishness: "Racers aren't athletes."

http://russbohaty.com/the-greater-fool-theory-only-a-fool-says-racers-arent-athletes/ This is a fun article I updated for my blog today that I thought you all might enjoy. In the spirit of the holiday, I wanted it to be light but the point is serious.

Hope you racers have a great weekend! Russ
Old 5 Apr 2011, 16:26 (Ref:2859240)   #56
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
Mail Time! Question: How do I keep up with working out, when life is so busy?

http://russbohaty.com/mail-time-vol-...o-little-time/ This was from a racer and Racers Workout fan in Australia. But it could have been from any of us who are trying to reach our racing goals but also have to keep a roof over our heads.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Russ
Old 10 Apr 2011, 16:12 (Ref:2861422)   #57
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
Video: Travis Rilat of Sprint demonstrating exercises for vital racing endurance

http://russbohaty.com/new-video-some...ut-for-racing/

Hi Ten Tenths Racers,

I hope you enjoy the video. I shot it for the Workout. It is about 6 minutes long. There is a short article with it.

Also want to make sure you are aware that I am always available by email at Russbohaty@gmail.com and will try my best to help you with any Racing Fitness questions you have. My door is open to you.

I am up to about 200 emails a week since the launch, but I will work hard to get back to you quickly.

Thanks so much! Russ
Old 15 Apr 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2863935)   #58
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
Tasty Dessert Recipe for you all that won't weigh you down

Hey Ten Tenths Racers,

I get a lot of requests for specific recipe ideas that go good with the principles I talk about in Top Fuel Nutrition. I want my Racers to eat, eat good tasting food, and not sorry about it. So I wanted to share one of my favorite dessert recipes: Mish Mash. http://budurl.com/kbb5

Don't forget that if you all have racing fitness or general fitness questions and want to reach my directly, send me an email at Russbohaty@gmail.com any time. On the subject line, make sure you mention Ten-Tenth's forum so I'll make a point of getting at it as a top priority.

Race it like you stole it!

Russ
Old 28 Apr 2011, 17:05 (Ref:2871300)   #59
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
My New Online Magazine, looking for New Blood to contribute

Hey Racers on Ten-Tenths,

I have been swamped lately working on Racers Workout buyer consults, plus my blog has been disabled due to tech stuff that I have no clue about. If you have noticed the issues, I apologize for the state of things over there. I believe it will be up and running correctly on Monday with all newly updated content.

Currently, I am launching a new service to my subscribers that will be really cool. It will be an online Racing Fitness and Peak Performance magazine. I have lined up a great group of writers to get you the best most current information out there. It will come free and direct to everyone's inbox. I'll still be writing regularly for my blog and the magazine but this will be even better than just having me write all the time

I have figured out after 8 weeks on here and working with Racers at other forums, that you all have tremendous knowledge on the subject of racing, racing fitness, nutrition and peak performance. Quite often, I am learning more from you all, than I am teaching you. I want to work with you and have you contribute as writers for the magazine. This thing will have a Racer's knowledge and feel, for the many Racers who will be reading.

I am super excited about it. I am going to be looking for contributors to write, do videos, or maybe do audios about racing, health, fitness and racing performance. You can make a few bucks while promoting yourself, your team, a product or whatever is dear to you. I really want the Racers in there talking about things that are important to other Racers. I want the writing/videos/audio to be informative, but not too formal.

If anyone is interested in being a regular contributor or would like a free subscription, email me at Russbohaty@gmail.com. I want you to not worry about what content you might do. Just make it race related, preferably racing fitness related.

Russ
Old 8 May 2011, 14:59 (Ref:2876861)   #60
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
Hey everyone. Check out this fitness advice from Tyler Benson.

Hey everyone. It was an exciting night last night a Darlington. Kasey seems like he is rounding into mid-season form. I felt like he had the best car on the track, but fell a little short. That's racing. Especially on the track too tough to tame.

Anyways, I wanted to share this recent article from an up and coming trainer from Ohio named Tyler. I wanted to make sure the blog had more guys who studied the science of exercise on an academic level contributing valuable information. As many of you may know, I got into personal training out of love for fitness and sports, but I didn't start out with a focused academic degree. In his first post, Tyler talks about Racers who are just starting out on the path to getting fit and provides some strategies to make it a good start. I hope you'll go visit Tyler's Facebook page which is linked at the end of the article too. He is one to watch for the future in this business.

http://russbohaty.com/substitute-tea...se-for-racing/
Old 14 May 2011, 17:13 (Ref:2880323)   #61
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
http://budurl.com/55lu

Hi Ten Tenths Racers,

Tyler Benson is a bright guy that has one heck of a future in the racing fitness business. Check out his strategies for overcoming soreness the day after a race or hard workout. He is hopefully going to become a regular contributor to my peak performance racing fitness blog.

Russ
Old 23 May 2011, 17:29 (Ref:2884604)   #62
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
Racers: Limiting processed sugars will transform your fitness and performance

Hi Ten Tenths gang,

This is an article on my Racers Fitness Magazine where I take on a reality that can make a huge difference in losing the weight, feeling better and winning more out on that race track. I hope you enjoy it and will leave some comments. I want to generate discussion on this topic and others. Lots of input makes us all better.

Russ

http://budurl.com/ycvm Let's get down to business racers and the rest of us: processed sugar overdone is ruining our fitness
Old 7 Jun 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2892938)   #63
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
http://russbohaty.com/motorsports-ra...ness-and-hope/

Everyone on Ten Tenths. Off topic a little today. I wanted to alert everyone about the ongoing efforts to relieve the victims of the tornadoes in the south this spring. I hope you will check out what is happening and if you can do anything, please do.

Russ
Old 15 Jun 2011, 13:41 (Ref:2899477)   #64
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
Hey Ten Tenths Racers,

Say you want to start getting fit, or you want to ramp up your current level of fitness, but aren't a big weights, or gym person, what can you do to see massive benefits on the track through exercise? It's a question I get a lot.

The one activity that I think you should choose is running with an intervals focus. I talk about it today on my Motorsports Racing Fitness Magazine. Stop over and leave a comment. Make sure you sign up for that free subscription that comes directly to your inbox. That way you don't miss any of the free resources and info to help you transform your results to serious butt kicking.

http://russbohaty.com/russ-whats-the...acers-workout/
Old 22 Jun 2011, 15:42 (Ref:2904293)   #65
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
How do I approach getting sponsors? and that Championship mindset

http://russbohaty.com/race-car-drive...ight-attitude/

I wanted to alert everyone to a series started Monday on my Auto Racing Fitness Magazine about mental mastery and peak performance. It starts with a guest columnist named Garrett talking about his journey into the sport of racing, then he gives some great tips on gaining sponsors (a question I get a lot). The series runs through next Friday. Make sure to check it out and get your free subscription to the magazine. It comes direct to your inbox. Russ
Old 29 Jun 2011, 17:52 (Ref:2908128)   #66
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
June 29, 2011 forum post.

Ten Tenths Racers,

Three quick items before we head off to a fun holiday weekend:

1. I have a new publication that I didn’t release with Racers Workout called, 5 easy steps to lose 10 lbs in 30 days. Email me at Russbohaty@gmail.com if you would like a copy. No charge to members of this forum.
2. The Auto Racers Fitness Magazine http://russbohaty.com concluded the 5 part Mental Mastery series today. Check it out here http://russbohaty.com/coming-full-ci...s-in-our-mind/
Make sure you grab your free subscription to the Magazine too. It’s loaded with great Race Car Driver Fitness tips and strategies and great guest columnists.

3. Racers Workout Blue Print link right here. http://budurl.com/klhz This is the nuts and bolts part of the Racers Workout package that sells for $97. The home Auto Racers Workout that beats the pants off all the rest. I want you to have the blueprint as my thanks for being so supportive.

Russ
Old 11 Jul 2011, 19:33 (Ref:2925242)   #67
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
What about the fat guys we see winning races all the time Russ?

Hi Ten Tenths Racers,

I hope you all ready to kick your success into high gear as the season moves a long. If you need any help or resources for anything fitness, or racing fitness, email me and we'll work out strategies for you to take hold of the fitness edge and change your fortunes drastically. Which leads nicely into this topic:

I have been getting my fair share of questions about whether Auto Racers Fitness or Workouts matter. After all, aren't there fat racers who have had success? I addressed the question in detail on the Auto Racer's Workout Magazine today.

Give it a look and tell me what you think about what I am saying.

http://russbohaty.com/mail-time-volu...acers-fitness/

Russ
Old 20 Jul 2011, 18:01 (Ref:2929086)   #68
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
Highlights from recent conference presentation on Peak Racing Fitness

Ten Tenths gang,

One of my colleagues recently went to a major athletic training conference in Las Vegas where auto racing fitness was discussed. I highlighted the speaker's points of value in a recent edition of the Auto Racing Fitness Magazine. If you'd like a copy of the entire PDF from Dr. Ebben's study on Racing Fitness and suggestions for maximizing it, email me at Russbohaty@gmail.com.

(Also, we had a little fun with Seattle Seahawk Wide Receiver Golden Tate after his Tweet that Racers aren't athletes during last week's ESPYs.)

http://russbohaty.com/the-big-wide-w...acers-fitness/
Old 24 Jul 2011, 01:49 (Ref:2930303)   #69
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Russ, what should someone do if they are underweight and do not have a huge appetite, not anorexia by the way as I am familiar with that, he just does not eat a lot of food. My son weighs 63kg and is nearly six foot and has a very active job at work, he is a mechanic in a very busy workshop so is not doing heavy exercise just many different things daily. He races superkarts and this is at least as physically as a quick car if not more so. Any advice would be appreciated. BTW he is 22 years old, does not smoke and never drinks alcohol.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 16:57 (Ref:2932829)   #70
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Russ, what should someone do if they are underweight and do not have a huge appetite, not anorexia by the way as I am familiar with that, he just does not eat a lot of food. My son weighs 63kg and is nearly six foot and has a very active job at work, he is a mechanic in a very busy workshop so is not doing heavy exercise just many different things daily. He races superkarts and this is at least as physically as a quick car if not more so. Any advice would be appreciated. BTW he is 22 years old, does not smoke and never drinks alcohol.
Casper,

Thanks for your question. Let me right away apologize to you for taking 6 full days to get back to you. To me that is unacceptable. I haven't been on the forum as often as I'd like due to my travel schedule. I take a lot of pride in being prompt to everyone's needs and I dropped the ball on this one. I am on my email every day at Russbohaty@gmail.com and am answering correspondence from Racers an hour or two a day. You or anyone else who has questions or needs resources can contact me that way too.

I also think there is a setting on here where I can be alerted by email if someone does post a comment. I'll try to get that figured out.

Now too your question. In the overall fitness related questions I get, I'd say 90% or more deal with racers who are overweight, less than 10% with issues similar to your son. He is about 140 lbs and 6 foot tall. That is light. He could stand to gain 30 or more pounds. For many, a good problem to have. But if you want to gain and can't, not so good. Sounds like he is not a big eater and it isn't related to smoking or alcohol.

Can you give me a feel for what he does eat when he eats Caspar? I am willing to bet he eats a fair amount of processed type foods? Things that come in a box or wrapper. I am also willing to bet that he drinks a fair share of coffee and or soft drinks? I say this because having spent years working along side crews at the track, those are the drinks of choice.

He needs to look at adding resistance training to his life. Fancy term for weight lifting. There are two issues, one he works a lot so the workout has to be effective without a lot of waste of time. The second issue is he needs to eat better for more energy to do the workout.

I make it a point to not actively push my products on here because that's not the purpose. In this case, Racers Workout might be a really good fit. It has a nutrition program that stresses eating lots and lots of really good sustaining food. This supports a tough and challenging weight training system. I also directly consult with all my buyers. Not some out of the country call center. You get me by email directly with all questions. Plus you get 8 weeks to check it out and if ain't working, send it back and get a full refund. Total cost is less than what I charge my pro clients for 1 hour in the gym too.

The things I would immediately work on with your son would be finding foods he likes, making sure he eats to his heart's content without any guilt and get him working out with weights for maximum impact within his busy schedule. He doesn't have to buy anything from me to get my help. No one does. The great thing about Racers Workout is that is the whole package right there and you get me to check in with around the clock.

I really admire your concern for your son by the way. That's a great thing.

So let me know about the questions I had and we'll work on the problem together.

Best,

Russ
Old 5 Aug 2011, 16:05 (Ref:2936173)   #71
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
I hope you'll check out today's article in the Auto Racing Fitness Magazine. I have an update on KKR's Joey Saldana and his progress since that bad crash a couple weeks ago. Also a video featuring a rookie driver on a NASCAR sub-circuit talking about the benefits of fitness for a driver. The idea that fitness can greatly benefit results on the track is now generally accepted on the big circuits like Sprint Cup and WOO. The thing that is exciting is you are seeing the up and coming guys from the regional and local circuits grabbing hold of the benefits too.

http://russbohaty.com/auto-racers-fi...-get-race-fit/

One final important point about nutrition: Don't worry about being perfect. Instead remember the 80-20 rule. Strive to be mostly disciplined on eating good wholesome things and less of the processed junk that seems to be everywhere. I worry that my Racer and Non-Racer clients get down on themselves when they eat things they shouldn't. I don't want them to get that way. We can't be perfect all the time, but it's the person that doesn't get deterred who gets the best results.
Old 16 Aug 2011, 18:37 (Ref:2941825)   #72
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
Hoping you all would take the time to meet little Carly and maybe help?

Hi Ten-Tenths Racers,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you all. I have a very effective low back exercise coming out this Friday that you'll want to check out in the Auto Racers Fitness Magazine. Subscription is free and it comes direct to your inbox. In the meantime, this is yesterday's article talking about a very special friend of mine named Carly. She is a little girl fighting a brave battle. I hope you'll take a second to check out her story and see if you are able to do anything to help.

Russ

http://russbohaty.com/more-grandstan...ittle-of-that/
Old 29 Aug 2011, 14:06 (Ref:2947711)   #73
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
Ten Tenth's Racers,

Quick Joey Saldana health update over at the Auto Racers Workout Magazine. Also an amazing old fashioned grip and forearm exercise that will give you maximum endurance and command at the wheel.

http://russbohaty.com/auto-racers-fi...-joey-saldana/

Russ
Old 9 Sep 2011, 14:57 (Ref:2953173)   #74
RussBohaty
Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
Hi Ten Tenths Racers,

I put together an article talking about the different nutrition, workout and peak performance subjects we have shared in the Auto Racers Fitness Magazine. This post covers the time between March and May of this year. If you are trying to look for a particular topic quickly, this will help. If you haven’t, please grab your free subscription too. http://russbohaty.com/racers-workout...-shiny-future/

I know I am looking forward to the weekend and getting caught up with things.

I hope you all have a great one too.

Russ
Old 9 Sep 2011, 21:10 (Ref:2953350)   #75
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Russ,

Read through the thread and I must admit I hesitated a lot before deciding to post. I see you're undoubtably enthusiastic about fitness, nutrition, and developing a wining attitude for motorsport. And that's great for people trying to make a name for themselves, particularly the young and talented. What I'm struggling with is how to apply your ideas at a much lower and less ambitious level in the world of motorsport. Being completely honest, the main problem is motivation.

A little background is probably in order: I drive a classic sports car in club events around the UK. I've developed the car over the years and as its performance increased it became more and more exhausting to drive. I read a book called Think to Win by Don Alexander and that gave me a lot of inspiration and a lot more focus. I took on a personal trainer and that was a great benefit, but as time went on and prices increased I couldn't afford to continue the sessions. Then I had a major accident and whilst I was unhurt, the car was a wreck. I've spent nearly two years rebuilding the car and in the mean time my fitness and attitude have slipped.... a lot. At a few weeks shy of 50 years old I'm not overweight (6'2" - 170lb) and my fitness is 'reasonable' but I'm definitely not as sharp or fit as I was. I'm back to struggling to keep up with the car.

I sort of know what I should be doing to get back on top but with no championships at stake, and no career to develop, I'm finding it hard to generate the motivation to do what needs to be done.

Any suggestions?