Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 4 Nov 2009, 00:00 (Ref:2575250)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year 2009 Contest

www.Ten-Tenths.com Photo Of The Year 2009
  • The competition is open to all registered users of Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forum.
  • There is one "class", with no distinction between pro/am photographers.
  • Each user may submit a maximum of two motorsport related photographs.
  • Photographs to be submitted by 30th November 2009.
  • Photographs previously submitted for Photo Of The Year 2007 or 2008 may not be resubmitted.
  • Photographs will be presented anonymously and in random order.
  • Voting will start around 1st December and will finish on 31st December.
  • Photograph with the most votes will be named Photo Of The Year and will win a prize.
  • In the event of a tie, the photograph with the most staff votes will win, if this is still a tie then the site owners will decide on the winner.
  • All photographs must be taken by the entrant.
  • By submitting your photograph you agree to allow Ten-Tenths to use the image for future promotion of the competition and/or site: We intend to use the pictures on the Ten-Tenths website, in a gallery, for the purposes of the contest and also leave them online for future viewing. We may rotate them randomly on various pages of the site. We may use them to promote the existance of the contest on other websites associated or run by Ten-Tenths, for example www.parcferme.com.
  • There is no age limit on the submitted photograph, it doesn't have to be taken in 2009 to be considered.
  • Photographs must be submitted in a high resolution format (at least 1024x768)
  • Post-processing and "photoshopping" are permitted.
  • Photographs must not have any visible "watermark", website name or logo of the photographer.
  • Normal content rules regarding content also apply to this contest, so if you wouldn't want your kid to see it, don't submit it.
  • Entry acceptance is at the sole discretion of the site owners.
  • You may withdraw a photograph from the contest at any time before the close of entries but will not be allowed to submit a replacement.
  • Any future clarification posts will be made to this thread before the close of entries.
How to Submit:
Send an e-mail with a maximum of two attachments to photo2009@ten-tenths.com you don't have to enter both photographs at the same time but both need to be in before Monday 30th November 2009. You need to include your real name, postal address & forum nickname. Photographs should include a caption or title, and also a little about the photograph.

By entering you agree that:
  • You personally took the photograph you are submitting.
  • You accept all infringement of copyright liability if you did NOT take the photograph.
  • You accept all infringement of copyright and IP liability with respect to Ten-Tenths for the purposes listed above.
Prize will be an engraved crystal trophy and 1 year "subscriber" membership of Ten-Tenths.

I look forward to seeing your entries and good luck!

If you require any further clarifications please feel free to PM me or send an e-mail to the submissions address.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 02:51 (Ref:2593198)   #2
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2009 Photos

Hi,

When and where will we be able to see the 2009 entries?

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 3 Dec 2009, 20:17 (Ref:2593619)   #3
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Usually takes a couple of days for Grant to upload them so be patient. The link will be very evident when they go online!
Old 3 Dec 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2593628)   #4
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Going for your hat-trick Jon?
Old 3 Dec 2009, 22:59 (Ref:2593708)   #5
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can safely say I have submitted nothing...

... that's on fire
Old 7 Dec 2009, 01:03 (Ref:2595180)   #6
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So umm.. sorry to be rude but this getting a bit ridiculous. When is the competition starting?
Old 7 Dec 2009, 08:05 (Ref:2595308)   #7
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Grant and others do run this site in their spare time. I'm sure all the images will be up in good time. Its not as if closing date is Wednesday!
Old 11 Dec 2009, 10:48 (Ref:2597822)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've been extremely busy between having a dose of swine flu, working on Top Gear Live and then catching up with the paying job. I'll be uploading all the entries and opening voting over the weekend. I'll also extend the voting deadling accordingly.
Old 11 Dec 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2597900)   #9
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
I've been extremely busy between having a dose of swine flu, working on Top Gear Live and then catching up with the paying job. I'll be uploading all the entries and opening voting over the weekend. I'll also extend the voting deadling accordingly.
Thanks very much for the update, glad you are feeling better.

Regards,

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 14 Dec 2009, 08:13 (Ref:2599277)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Photos are up and voting is enabled: http://gallery.ten-tenths.com/showgallery.php/cat/541
Old 14 Dec 2009, 09:21 (Ref:2599312)   #11
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just cast the first vote.

Do I get a prize?
Old 14 Dec 2009, 10:15 (Ref:2599334)   #12
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne View Post
I just cast the first vote.

Do I get a prize?
Yeah, a cup of tea when you come to visit us at Tenths Towers.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 12:46 (Ref:2599402)   #13
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, a cup of tea when you come to visit us at Tenths Towers.
Nice. Throw in a few choccie biccies and I'm there
Old 15 Jan 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2613907)   #14
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Who won?
Old 15 Jan 2010, 20:28 (Ref:2613946)   #15
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
Not me
Old 15 Jan 2010, 20:33 (Ref:2613950)   #16
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
So the postal strike held up the backhander then.
Old 15 Jan 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2613952)   #17
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
Touche!
Old 15 Jan 2010, 20:56 (Ref:2613964)   #18
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Who won?
Last time I looked, Neil's photograph was leading by a country mile.
Old 15 Jan 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2613966)   #19
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Neil who, there doesn't seem to be any names or did I miss something?
Old 15 Jan 2010, 21:51 (Ref:2613982)   #20
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
Last time I looked, Neil's photograph was leading by a country mile.

thats in views isn't it, not votes?
Old 15 Jan 2010, 22:02 (Ref:2613985)   #21
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Neil who, there doesn't seem to be any names or did I miss something?
No you didn't miss anything, I just happen to know the name of who took the photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
thats in views isn't it, not votes?
Hmm... I could be wrong, but I thought that photograph had twenty-something votes, wheras the one in (provisional) second place had about a dozen.
Old 15 Jan 2010, 23:15 (Ref:2614027)   #22
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
ah, I hadnt noticed the votes before. I'm happy, I got votes with both my images
Old 16 Jan 2010, 13:27 (Ref:2614221)   #23
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
And the winner is.....

neil_davidson2 with his entry "Reaction"

Taken on 3rd of October 2009 at Castle Combe during the Formula Ford Carnival and "captures the reaction of one of the many drivers to have crashed at Quarry during the day."

Congratulations Neil, your trophy will be winging its way to you shortly!
Old 16 Jan 2010, 14:11 (Ref:2614235)   #24
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Congratulations, great shot.

As an added bonus, there is not a flame in sight
Old 16 Jan 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2614334)   #25
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Indeed, it's a superb shot and very worthy of winning the contest. Many congratulations Neil.

Quote:
Congratulations Neil, your trophy will be winging its way to you shortly!
I assume Doc's silver trophy and my bronze trophy are also in the post?