Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jul 2000, 19:53 (Ref:25935)   #1
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Johnny Herbert has confirmed that he'll be quitting F1 at the end of the season to go to the CART series, that clears the way for Franchetti or Burti, or an other young talented driver(Button), hopefully Alesi will follow hij example and finaly see that he has had his best days ages ago.
Old 26 Jul 2000, 20:21 (Ref:25940)   #2
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carts . .is that true?
Old 26 Jul 2000, 20:33 (Ref:25944)   #3
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, not CARTs, CART, the old Indycars
Old 26 Jul 2000, 20:36 (Ref:25946)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
He doesn't actually have a CART deal yet, but he's going anyway!
Old 26 Jul 2000, 20:50 (Ref:25949)   #5
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant! Now we can see how good he really is. And I think he'll surprise a few - especially Paul Tracy (who I predict will be his team mate...)

Woohoo!

Let's just hope that this helps persuade at least one TV company in the UK to offer live coverage soon.
Old 26 Jul 2000, 20:57 (Ref:25953)   #6
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I don't know about that - it's only Johnny Herbert. He's not a high profile figure the way Mansell was when he moved across the Atlantic. But I would like to be able to watch CART. The only way you can see any Indycars in England on terrestrial is on Channel 5, which I don't have (and, quite frankly, don't want either).
Old 26 Jul 2000, 21:07 (Ref:25960)   #7
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tried that, but watching it on Tuesday evening (if I remembered to record it on Monday night in the first place) is not the same as rushing home from the circuit to see it live...
Old 26 Jul 2000, 21:13 (Ref:25968)   #8
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

jvilleneuve2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only reson that we havnt got good tv coverage this year is that, an american tv company somehow got the tv rights. Alls they wanted to do was make money so they gave everyone rubbish tv coverage. Bobby Rahall has said that the most important thing for next year is getting the european tv coverage right.
Old 26 Jul 2000, 21:14 (Ref:25969)   #9
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
I'd like to be able to watch some racing from America - there's probably more action than in F1
Old 27 Jul 2000, 02:20 (Ref:26018)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Burti get that Jag drive. But I'm looking forward to meeting Herbert at the CART race next year and getting his autograph. And doubtless Moreno is looking foraward to having someone in CART who is smaller than he is!
Old 27 Jul 2000, 03:22 (Ref:26023)   #11
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mhhh....I think that Herberts campaign in CART will be more or less like the one Mark Blundell has had so far.

I think that herbert is underestimating the level of competiton in CARt and he could have a very nasty suprise next year when the results he would expect don't come.

But we'll have to wait and see....as fatbloke said...we'll see how good he really is as in that category is the driver the one that makes a difference...not the car.
Old 27 Jul 2000, 03:59 (Ref:26028)   #12
Unknown Soldier
Racer

Unknown Soldier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Herbert will get a nasty surprise the first time he hits a wall on a high speed oval like Fontana
Old 27 Jul 2000, 04:52 (Ref:26032)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
show me a driver that wouldnt get a surprise when he hits a wall..

im glad Johnny is going and I hope he does well in CART..he is a quick driver and does have loads of experience so i see no reason for him not to do well..doesnt meen he will win the series or races for that matter but he should equit himself very well...now who is he gonna drive for ???
Old 27 Jul 2000, 05:15 (Ref:26039)   #14
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
We could start a lengthy discussion on whether Johnny will do better at CART than the Z-Man did in F1. Marcus, I loved your one liner "Show me a driver.........."
Old 27 Jul 2000, 11:09 (Ref:26103)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd guess PacWest would snap him up - either to partner Blundell (and maybe put some life back in him) or replace him. Seems to me I recall Mo signing another contract so he may possibly replace Blundell... a personable fellow but his driving days ended some time early last year when Moreno had his car and showed the world it wasn't the fault of the car.

Old 27 Jul 2000, 12:29 (Ref:26120)   #16
Regs
Rookie

Regs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Herbert's coming over to CART, glad to hear it. I've always liked JH. I think he has heart, I think he's a racer and I think he'll bring something to the series. I hope he gets on a good team and we'll see what he can really do. I'd like to see Alesi come over to CART as well. This will certinly help the series profile in Europe.
Old 27 Jul 2000, 19:09 (Ref:26190)   #17
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
jh will be a great addition to cart.
swapping rides with dario seems like the logical move.
barry green's team is always a threat.
i can't wait to hear joe benson (the long beach track announcer) say. heeers johnny.
Old 28 Jul 2000, 02:05 (Ref:26336)   #18
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What Regs said-its all about heart. I'll be cheering Johnny on next year-I hope he lands a decent ride, but I wish him the best and look forward to seeing him in a series where drivers race.

GO, Johnny, GO!!!
Old 28 Jul 2000, 11:52 (Ref:26430)   #19
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
show me a driver that wouldnt get a surprise when he hits a wall..
Easy. He's the second-most talked about driver in F1. I seem to recall that he 'rates' his crashes... When's the Belgian GP then?

Old 28 Jul 2000, 11:55 (Ref:26433)   #20
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
I don't know about that - it's only Johnny Herbert.
It's only Johnny Herbert. I'll have you know he's one of the last true heros left in Grand Prix racing (Alesi is the other). I hold this opinion after venturing to Goodwood.

HHHHEEEERRRREEEE'SSS JJJOOOOOHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYY!!

Enough said...