Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 1 Feb 2016, 07:56 (Ref:3610431)   #26
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Jorge has done a 2:00.8 in testing today... Read Stoner was meant to be testing again with all the big boys, but his name isn't on the timing sheets for today. Pirro's is, so maybe Stoner takes over tomoz...
Imagine the talk if he did set fast times
If the bike is in the ballpark he will set fast times alright, you can take that to the bank. He is just a bit good!
Old 1 Feb 2016, 16:42 (Ref:3610604)   #27
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
if it's just like F1 testing .. they can make the bike faster .. just for media attention
just like Lorenzo did

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Feb 2016, 21:59 (Ref:3610719)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Ducati have pulled a blinder in signing Stoner. With him on board to help development this could be Ducati's best chance to win a race or two in a long time
Old 1 Feb 2016, 23:44 (Ref:3610746)   #29
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It might help them

If of course the other riders rode like Stoner, which they dont!

It would have helped Honda perfectly, but Marquez threw his toys out the pram like the childish little brat he always has been
Old 2 Feb 2016, 15:39 (Ref:3610917)   #30
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If they rode like Stoner they could be in contention for the title! That's why I think a couple of wins is realistic for them this year
Old 6 Feb 2016, 20:55 (Ref:3612481)   #31
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
This was from the last day of practice, not really sure what it is going to mean though, good to see Stoner up there and I'm wondering if he may get a ride ?

1. = Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 0.016s [Lap 16/17]
2. = Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 0.556s +0.540s [13/16]
3. = Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 1.047s +1.031s [20/24]
4. = Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Test Rider (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 1.096s +1.080s [4/11]
5. = Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15/16) 2m 1.223s +1.207s [17/27]
6. = Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 2m 1.353s +1.337s [17/21]
7. = Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 1.434s +1.418s [11/16]
8. = Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 1.623s +1.607s [7/19]
9. = Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 1.660s +1.644s [9/25]
10. = Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 1.774s +1.758s [20/21]
11. = Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 2.051s +2.035s [23/32]
12. = Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 2.071s +2.055s [3/21]
13. = Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 2.141s +2.125s [6/18]
14. = Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15/16) 2m 2.202s +2.186s [10/13]
15. = Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 2.541s +2.525s [14/19]
16. = Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 2.568s +2.552s [7/18]
17. = Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 2.792s +2.776s [8/24]
18. = Katsuyuki Nakasuga JPN Yamaha Test Rider (YZR-M1) 2m 2.940s +2.924s [10/27]
19. = Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 2m 3.022s +3.006s [28/30]
20. = Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 3.183s +3.167s [16/24]
21. = Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 3.868s +3.852s [2/2]
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 Feb 2016, 20:56 (Ref:3612482)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

Have you heard the latest from the governing body? They're going to punish riders for not doing promo events. I'm split on this one tbh
Old 6 Feb 2016, 23:25 (Ref:3612540)   #33
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Have you heard the latest from the governing body? They're going to punish riders for not doing promo events. I'm split on this one tbh
I am not, I don't think they should have to promote anything, the racing should be its own promotion!
They are highly skilled professional sportsmen, not display dummies.

Having said all that, they should absolutely at least inter-act with and sign autographs for the fans at the track.
Old 6 Feb 2016, 23:42 (Ref:3612545)   #34
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
This was from the last day of practice, not really sure what it is going to mean though, good to see Stoner up there and I'm wondering if he may get a ride ?
[2/2]
I think that Stoner will be more than happy in a test role.
He was pretty upset with the that the route that the MotoGP category had taken with electronic controls, data sharing and single tyre supplier.
Stoner enjoys developing the bikes, so he is more than happy to turn all the electronics off and tell them what is wrong with the basic motorcycle.
Old 7 Feb 2016, 09:22 (Ref:3612708)   #35
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I think that Stoner will be more than happy in a test role.
He was pretty upset with the that the route that the MotoGP category had taken with electronic controls, data sharing and single tyre supplier.
Stoner enjoys developing the bikes, so he is more than happy to turn all the electronics off and tell them what is wrong with the basic motorcycle.
I think you're right in that Stoner is one of the "old school" racers, like my hero Mike "the bike" who came out after a ten year hiatus and still won at the TT dispelling doubt's that he had been out too long and would be rusty !

The prat (for want of a better word) who killed him has a lot to answer for !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Feb 2016, 11:45 (Ref:3612756)   #36
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Contrary to what you might believe you cannot really run a modern MotoGP bike without electronics. It would be literally suicidal!

Stoner just ran less than most other guys, he did not ride without it.

However way you look at it, it was an aid to performance, he just was able to ride to laptimes using far less help than most other riders.
Old 7 Feb 2016, 12:27 (Ref:3612765)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I am not, I don't think they should have to promote anything, the racing should be its own promotion!

They are highly skilled professional sportsmen, not display dummies.

Having said all that, they should absolutely at least inter-act with and sign autographs for the fans at the track.

That's why I'm split. I feel riders should have their freedom to do what they want, but at the same time they need to interact with the fans. I agree an autograph session would be the best. But at the same time fans don't want them to be robots who say yes all the time
Old 18 Mar 2016, 09:58 (Ref:3623823)   #38
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
The MotoGP season kicks off in Qatar this weekend and if the closing stages of last season are any barometer of what’s to come in 2016 we should be in for a thrill-a-minute battle for the world championship.

Valentino Rossi was narrowly beat out for the title by Yamaha teammate Jorge Lorenzo but the controversial manner in which the fiery Italian lost out will surely spur on the seven-time MotoGP champion in this year’s edition.

Rossi lead the championship from the very first race up until the last, in Valencia, where victory for Lorenzo handed the Spaniard his third world championship title. Rossi started the race at the back of the grid after he was found guilty of kicking Marc Marquez off his bike at the previous race in Sepang. Rossi appealed the penalty but the CAS found against him and the penalty stood. Although Rossi fought his way through the field to finish fourth it was not enough to prevent Lorenzo from clinching the title.

In the weeks building up to the race and subsequent incident in Sepang, Rossi and Marquez had been embroiled in a battle of words where the Italian accused the Spaniard of plotting against him to help compatriot Lorenzo win the title. Rossi called Marquez “the bodyguard of Lorenzo” and said that the Honda rider was “playing with us” after he seemingly aided Lorenzo’s cause at the Australian MotoGP. Marquez did well not to get drawn in and responded by calmly denying the allegations, simply saying “I always give everything”.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 11:30 (Ref:3623838)   #39
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"The MotoGP season kicks off in Qatar this weekend and if the closing stages of last season are any barometer of what’s to come in 2016 we should be in for a thrill-a-minute battle for the world championship."

The first two meetings of the WSBK championship has been more thrilling than most of last year's MotoGP, in my opinion. Whilst the battle between Yamaha and Honda in MotoGP is a fascinating one, for the most part the outcome is pretty predictable but I'm a big fan nevertheless, bring it on!
Old 20 Mar 2016, 19:46 (Ref:3625266)   #40
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
"The MotoGP season kicks off in Qatar this weekend and if the closing stages of last season are any barometer of what’s to come in 2016 we should be in for a thrill-a-minute battle for the world championship."

The first two meetings of the WSBK championship has been more thrilling than most of last year's MotoGP, in my opinion. Whilst the battle between Yamaha and Honda in MotoGP is a fascinating one, for the most part the outcome is pretty predictable but I'm a big fan nevertheless, bring it on!
Well, the opening round in Qatar certainly provided some thrills. Great to see Ducati up there with Yamaha and Honda.
Old 23 Mar 2016, 18:38 (Ref:3626415)   #41
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
Well, the opening round in Qatar certainly provided some thrills. Great to see Ducati up there with Yamaha and Honda.
Agreed, this is going to be a real tussle up front!
Old 24 Mar 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3626780)   #42
S griffin
Veteran

Watched the race yesterday. Hope those wings get banned before something goes wrong. Already riders are saying it's hard to follow. And if Marquez is the only non-wingletted (if that is a word) bike, that says a lot not only about Marquez's skill, but also possibly how dominant aero could be this year

And what about the jump start farce in Moto2? They need to sort that out so it don't happen again
Old 25 Mar 2016, 15:42 (Ref:3627136)   #43
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just being browsing the results sheets and noticed Peugeot bikes in Moto3 for Masbou and McPhee. Is this badge engineering?
Old 25 Mar 2016, 17:41 (Ref:3627195)   #44
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just viewed the MotoGP Qatar race. No live tv here this year in the US so
I will be delayed with comments this year. But yes, it looks like we
have the usual good show this year. I would say anyone in the top 5 can
win a race. That double Ducati blast was impressive early in the race.
Old 28 Mar 2016, 06:04 (Ref:3627959)   #45
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, Iannone seemed to bang up up Dovi which seemed to unsettle himself causing a crash - not smart riding perhaps?
Old 30 Mar 2016, 17:41 (Ref:3628783)   #46
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Just being browsing the results sheets and noticed Peugeot bikes in Moto3 for Masbou and McPhee. Is this badge engineering?
Yes, same group as Mahindra.
Old 31 Mar 2016, 21:51 (Ref:3629143)   #47
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
Yes, same group as Mahindra.
Thanks.
Old 1 Apr 2016, 20:22 (Ref:3629388)   #48
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
Wow! The Desmosedici are flying (again) at the Argentinian GP Free Practice. Top speeds 5-6 km/h higher than the best of the rest...
Old 2 Apr 2016, 09:48 (Ref:3629477)   #49
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they had top speeds last year too .. didn't get them a win
will be hard for them to get one this year

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Apr 2016, 18:29 (Ref:3629602)   #50
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
they had top speeds last year too .. didn't get them a win
will be hard for them to get one this year
You might be right. Anyway, from the practice and qualifying that just finished in Argentina, it seems that keeping the bike up and on two wheels will be the crucial factor for tomorrow's race I can't remember seeing so many going down; turn 1 in particular seems to cause a lot of (front end) problems for the riders.