Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Jan 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3497567)   #151
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simon, I fear you are right about the travelling, time and accom costs. It's just a day dream really. I'm self employed now, and sometimes I have more time off than I want - time off means no income!

Where is the Gilbern, just out of interest!?
Old 26 Jan 2015, 12:45 (Ref:3497569)   #152
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
its a direct site for race cars - not sure I am allowed to name it - seemed relative "good value" but Mike will know better! Its not his car I hasten to add..
Old 26 Jan 2015, 13:08 (Ref:3497574)   #153
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
It wouldn't be appropriate for me to comment on here, but am happy to take PMs from anyone if they really are interested in that GT.

I've seen the NKHTGT at the odd meeting and appears very sociable, as you would expect from Dutch organisers!

Old 26 Jan 2015, 13:21 (Ref:3497577)   #154
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
its a direct site for race cars - not sure I am allowed to name it - seemed relative "good value" but Mike will know better! Its not his car I hasten to add..
If you are referring to RCD then I don't think it's there any more, I couldnt see it anyway and a search didn't reveal any entries.
Old 26 Jan 2015, 13:26 (Ref:3497580)   #155
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
must be the white one on carandclassic...
Old 26 Jan 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3497583)   #156
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I've seen the NKHTGT at the odd meeting and appears very sociable, as you would expect from Dutch organisers!

A couple of years ago, I joined one of the NKHTGT organised races at Spa. Wonderful cross section of cars and we were made very welcome by the other competitors.

There is no doubt that it is incredible value - but I acknowledge that the logistics of getting to the meetings makes it more challenging and of course ramps up the travel and accommodation costs.
Old 26 Jan 2015, 14:04 (Ref:3497596)   #157
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
This one? http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C564506
Old 26 Jan 2015, 15:49 (Ref:3497635)   #158
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've not seen that one, but I've raced the one behind it It used to be a very quick 3.6 (when I drove it) and is now a ****ing quick supercharged 4.0. Not raced now though, not eligible for much.
Old 26 Jan 2015, 17:19 (Ref:3497658)   #159
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
indeed sorry wrong website! Thought we were not allowed to post links..?

Looks a nicely prepped car. I notice it has not actually got papers and reading between the lines of Mike's response maybe it needs a little correcting to be eilgible. Having said that given its all MGB parts how expensive can that be? As mike has shown its good to be different and makes you more likely to get nice invites!

Why does it have a 78 (P) reg?
Old 26 Jan 2015, 18:32 (Ref:3497685)   #160
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Simon. In context you can post links to other sites, such as E Bay, Racecarsdirect etc. The issue comes with promoting other sites. A fine line but one I'm sure you would be able to determine.

See you at Goodwood, getting a bit excited.
Old 26 Jan 2015, 19:36 (Ref:3497700)   #161
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Simon. In context you can post links to other sites, such as E Bay, Racecarsdirect etc. The issue comes with promoting other sites. A fine line but one I'm sure you would be able to determine.

See you at Goodwood, getting a bit excited.
Thanks for the clarification! Yes definitely see you there!

I am getting excited about the whole season, just finished booking accommodations etc now all I have to do is renew my licence and buy a new helmet! Overalls are good for another year I belive...
Old 26 Jan 2015, 20:31 (Ref:3497714)   #162
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got the licence. Don't need new helmet or overalls so bought helmet cleaning gear. Well it's rude not to.
Old 26 Jan 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3497729)   #163
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Overalls are good for another year I belive...
As in- they still fit at present, but maybe not in a year's time?

BTW think tow car regn number on back. Front is correct.
Old 26 Jan 2015, 23:30 (Ref:3497816)   #164
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
It used to be a very quick 3.6 (when I drove it)
Just reread my post and it sounds a bit boastful. For the record I'd like to point out that it was the car that was quick, not necessarilythe driver.

But then you probably worked that out for yourselves
Old 27 Jan 2015, 07:57 (Ref:3497905)   #165
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
For some of us the continent is the same or less fuel but a channel crossing . . . motorhomes are the same wherever you are.

not much in it really

26k for a pre66 GT . . .bargain
Old 27 Jan 2015, 12:49 (Ref:3497975)   #166
simon drabble
Veteran

bargain is a relative word! I think its relative value, same money as MGB's. Although I guess a well driven B might be quicker I think its fair to say the Gilbern is more likely to get the nod to the more prestigeous meetings.

I presume the weaknesses of an FIA B have been ironed out with time as there are so many of them but the Gilbern, like a Sabre, lacks any readily available development.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 13:08 (Ref:3497979)   #167
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
For some of us the continent is the same or less fuel but a channel crossing . . . motorhomes are the same wherever you are.

not much in it really
Think you've hit the nail on the head Joe. Series like NKHTGT appeal more to those with motorhome and trailer who enjoy sociable weekends on the other side of the channel. If they live within easy distance of ferry or Chunnel even better!
Old 27 Jan 2015, 15:01 (Ref:3498007)   #168
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just finished booking my trip to the Spa Classic and will probably do same for the Six-hours, albeit both as a humble spectator. Having never been to Spa until last year, I think I'm hooked - I blame Mike and Delta after watching them (and a few others!) in the Six-hours.

Might even fit in one or two other continental race trips as well.

Last edited by gary396; 27 Jan 2015 at 15:02. Reason: typo
Old 27 Jan 2015, 15:23 (Ref:3498016)   #169
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Just finished booking my trip to the Spa Classic and will probably do same for the Six-hours, albeit both as a humble spectator. Having never been to Spa until last year, I think I'm hooked - I blame Mike and Delta after watching them (and a few others!) in the Six-hours.

Might even fit in one or two other continental race trips as well.
is it too early to start a Spa 6 Hour 2015 thread?
Old 27 Jan 2015, 18:13 (Ref:3498042)   #170
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's never too early to start a Spa 2015 thread.