Old 23 Jun 2004, 16:20 (Ref:1013548)   #1
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bye Bye Klien

Bye Bye Klien

A vote of confidence from you boss never does anyone any harm.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 16:22 (Ref:1013549)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They have gone for Justin Wilson, him and Webber would have made a great partnership, but as we know ££££ talk.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 16:23 (Ref:1013550)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Webber to Williams it is then, so it seems...
Old 23 Jun 2004, 16:23 (Ref:1013552)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's unlikely Klien will be dropped now though.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 16:39 (Ref:1013569)   #5
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh it's nice that they say this now, backtracking on all the comments they made at the start of the season. Yet another management bungle. What a bunch of clowns (I say that and I'm a Jag fan)!
Old 23 Jun 2004, 16:48 (Ref:1013581)   #6
sportscarsRULE
Racer

United States
Bristol, TN
sportscarsRULE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One wonders how far Stewart F1 would have gotten by now.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 16:54 (Ref:1013592)   #7
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ah ha ha ha. Serves Jaguar and Ford right, cheapskates.

You know i just don't get it - how can you justify spending tens of millions of pounds comitting yourself to an F1 programme and then scrimp on a key element like, err, the driver?

With HSBC gone and their only hope of a decent result off to Williams how long are Jag for this world?

that £6m red bull cash doesn't seem such a good deal all of a sudden.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 17:43 (Ref:1013646)   #8
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly Jaguar have never grasped the fact that you 'reap what you sow'..

"We lobbied Red Bull very hard to make Christian the tester and put somebody more experienced in the race seat." - A supposedly factory team being dictated to by a relatively minor sponsor, what sort of nonsense is that.

Ford must tearing their hair out with frustration and embarrasment, or preparing to draw a line through it.

Last edited by Super Tourer; 23 Jun 2004 at 17:48.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 17:52 (Ref:1013658)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ford probably endorsed the move, for the sake of some useful money, a promising young driver who's potentially as marketable as Wilson, and ties to Red Bull which could allow them to sell the team to them.

I think they're being a little unfiar on Christian though. He hasn't been too bad considering how little support the #2 always gets at the team, that his team-mate is highly-rated, and the fact that the car is even more of a clunker than last year's.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 18:05 (Ref:1013675)   #10
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Ford/Jaguar are so very very low and disrespectful to their drivers. I was looking for Jaguar to stop being so bias towards one driver but now they sink even lower with this attack on their driver. How must Klien feel at this. There is one thing telling your driver internally and it leaking unoffically but to make an offical statement saying you did not want the driver is NOT on. Yes Jaguar probably did want Klien as a test driver and yes it would of been a good idea but Klien has proven he is doing well even if he does go for the odd dive here and there he looks like he is driving as hard as he can against the efforts of the team. As for Klien not scoring well two things, firstly Jaguar gave the new engine to Webber and not Klien last race out and secondly Sato is not having this sort of slagging off from management in public before last weeks podium.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 18:44 (Ref:1013717)   #11
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hiring Klien as a testdriver in order to groom hom for 2005 would always be the better move. No one denied that. It was also pretty obvious that RedBull was calling the shots. Pretty ackward that Jaguar goes public. What on earth for?

Besides that, I think Klien is doing relativly well. He had unfortunate starts in Canada and in the US, but wasn't that because of DC and DaMatta?
Old 23 Jun 2004, 18:45 (Ref:1013718)   #12
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Among Klien's errors was this collision with Webber in Canada
As the article says:

Klien was bumped out by a spinning DC and hit Webber in the proces. How can that be an error on Kliens part?
Old 23 Jun 2004, 18:47 (Ref:1013722)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It wasn't.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 18:52 (Ref:1013728)   #14
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd put Anthony Davidson in that seat. But at the end of the day, it's not like the Jags are reliable either.....
Old 23 Jun 2004, 20:06 (Ref:1013802)   #15
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Canada, wasn't it Klien who got DC spinning in the first place before getting pushed into Webber? Maybe I don't recall that incident correctly. Certainly not much he could do in the US, though, as DaMatta slowed dramatically and unexpectedly.

I don't see the point in Jag saying this in public. Very unprofessional. Klien has been racey and trying hard, would have some points if he wasn't driving such a s##tbox. Even Slowgartner has been able to score (through no fault of his own, I might add )
Old 23 Jun 2004, 20:08 (Ref:1013806)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

Shocking!
Old 23 Jun 2004, 20:39 (Ref:1013836)   #17
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once again, as with Pizzonia, Jaguar undermine their own driver's confidence publicly. What on earth are they up to? As someone said, surely Jaguar and Ford are bigger than Red Bull?
Old 23 Jun 2004, 20:50 (Ref:1013854)   #18
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of the keys to business success is managing your employees properly, something which stewart and now jaguar have been terrible at.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 21:23 (Ref:1013896)   #19
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It makes me wonder where Jag are going.To say this publicly halfway through a season smacks of no confidence.Is it possible that by being so public at this point in time they are attempting to deviate attention away from the fact there car is a barge.Are they looking for a scape goat for there poor performance?
Its no wonder Mark Webber is leaving to go to Williams with antics like this going on behind the drivers backs.
Fair enough the kid has made some mistakes but at least hes having a go.
I think they will be hard pressed to sign a driver from anywhere if this keeps up let alone DC.
Someone else mentioned Ant Davidson well he may very well end up as Webbers team mate at Williams from what Im told.
As for the management of Jaguar you need to hang your heads in shame.Stop looking for someone else to blame for the poor performances put your heads down and fix the bloody car.Perhaps the boss should accept the blame and resign so Ford can put some one who knows racing there.The fella that ran the show in Aussie until recently would be the best bet.It was his efforts that put the BA Falcon out front in the Aussie touring car series so maybe he needs to fix this problem as well.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 23 Jun 2004 at 21:25.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 21:26 (Ref:1013898)   #20
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jaguar are complete idiots. No disrepect to the technical team, I aim this at the management.

They should give their drivers a chance. All this pressure of being replaced just does not help the drivers.

Much the same as Toyota. The relatively young teams want results yesterday. F1, especially these days, takes time to succeed.

Finally BAR have caught on and they are reaping the rewards.

Ford may big a big corporation, but they are showing immaturity which really isn't on.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 21:37 (Ref:1013914)   #21
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
The worst think Ant could do would be to go with Jaguar, they have messed up Wilson and Pizzonia's career for a start plus all the politics with the Lauda and then Rahal era. While they have departed (and maybe they were scapegoats), nothing changed, crying shame from the days of Stewart F1 really
Old 23 Jun 2004, 21:40 (Ref:1013921)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by mountainstar
One of the keys to business success is managing your employees properly, something which stewart and now jaguar have been terrible at.
Stewart managed them well.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 22:30 (Ref:1013975)   #23
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Klein is doing just fine.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 23:29 (Ref:1014018)   #24
Poddy
Rookie

Poddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Klien had a perfomance clause in his contract stating that if he'd not scored a point by the French GP he can be sacked and Jag can keep the cash... certainly, I don't see how he can stay on after a public slagging off like that.

Whoever takes over from him better tie Jag down to a two year contract with performance related clauses based on this season's results...
Old 24 Jun 2004, 02:42 (Ref:1014105)   #25
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Further evidence that Ford/Jaguar do not deserve to be in F1. They will never get beyond the back of the pack.