Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 3 Oct 2007, 08:10 (Ref:2029642)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
There are rumours, from sources that have been correct in the past, that NHL are set to switch series next year. Please note, I am just passing what I've seen, and don't know if this is reliable or not.
NHL to buy Team Rahal chassis... and Team Rahal to buy NHL chassis?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Oct 2007, 10:50 (Ref:2029750)   #52
Olive
Rookie

United Kingdom
Olive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe NHL will switch series next year because the series they're in now won't be around. That's certainly the way the momentum seems to be moving.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 01:49 (Ref:2030415)   #53
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haas definitely tried to going back a few years, but would Newman and Lanighan who have strong interests in ChampCar.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 02:39 (Ref:2034535)   #54
astinus4
Racer

Australia
Darwin, Australia
astinus4 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
There are rumours, from sources that have been correct in the past, that NHL are set to switch series next year. Please note, I am just passing what I've seen, and don't know if this is reliable or not.
NHL have officially denied this now:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63049

Newman/Haas end IRL rumour

By David Malsher Friday, October 5th 2007, 16:29 GMT

Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing have moved to refute rumours that the team could switch to the IndyCar Series next year.

According to gossip within the Formula One paddock in China, the multiple Champ Car title-winners had purchased four Dallara IndyCars. However, Newman/Haas/Lanigan team manager Brian Lisles denied this.

He said: "Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing have not had any contact with Dallara regarding purchases of cars. We can only conclude that these rumors are being started by someone with malicious intent."

Earlier this week, the team also felt compelled to put out a one-line press release stating "Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing is committed to the Champ Car World Series."

A senior source within Champ Car added that the team's move would never happen while [co-founder] Paul Newman remained on the team. Newman has long been regarded as Champ Car's most loyal supporter.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 08:33 (Ref:2035626)   #55
Peno
Racer

Peno should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Wilson will try to sign. He doesn't have any other options and I don't think NHL really have many. I don't think he is interested in staying at RuSPORT in it's current state or going to IRL or ALMS either