Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Sep 2016, 19:42 (Ref:3674605)   #1826
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why have the Onkroak LMP3 and the new LMP2 this dip in the nose? Do they know something every other constructor doesn't?
Old 23 Sep 2016, 19:59 (Ref:3674608)   #1827
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it looks good. Nothing crazy going on there but it looks like one would expect a new P2 car to look I guess. And do I have this correct, both the new Ligier and Dallara cars are called P217?
Old 23 Sep 2016, 20:02 (Ref:3674610)   #1828
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here's the DSC article: http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...-launched.html

OOOOOoooooo... I really like it! I was one of the few (maybe only) person that didn't love the previous car, but this one really does it for me.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 20:05 (Ref:3674611)   #1829
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Oh and because of the ever continuing "everybody needs to win" attitude of course, how about another meaningless sub class
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/elms/...s-lmp2-format/

But at least there won't be one (I think) at LM
Yeah, but you could kind of see that coming. There's always an awkward transition period for any sportscar series when changing formulas.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 20:26 (Ref:3674616)   #1830
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Yeah, but you could kind of see that coming. There's always an awkward transition period for any sportscar series when changing formulas.
IDK standard grandfathering within same class usually goes (relatively) smoothly

I guess you will see SMP or two and some leftover old Orecas or whatever going after free trophies but essentially it's just glorification for the sake of it.

Anyway as long as they don't implement it at Le Mans it doesn't really matter so much to me. Just have the old and the new spec-mobiles together

Last edited by Deleted; 23 Sep 2016 at 20:34.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 20:43 (Ref:3674618)   #1831
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
IDK standard grandfathering within same class usually goes (relatively) smoothly

I guess you will see SMP or two and some leftover old Orecas or whatever going after free trophies but essentially it's just glorification for the sake of it.

Anyway as long as they don't implement it at Le Mans it doesn't really matter so much to me. Just have the old and the new spec-mobiles together
I totally agree with that. It's ok for ELMS this year, and maybe for two years in the Asian LMS.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 20:47 (Ref:3674620)   #1832
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Here's the DSC article: http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...-launched.html

OOOOOoooooo... I really like it! I was one of the few (maybe only) person that didn't love the previous car, but this one really does it for me.
I'm with you, that's a good looking car. But think I've seen the dark blue over black on a vehicle before. Can I rebadge my truck a Ligier JS1500 to match it?
Old 23 Sep 2016, 20:59 (Ref:3674625)   #1833
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

IDK ancient Zyteks winning races ain't gonna happen with such a performance increase, so why not welcome some continued car display under race conditions. Anyways, as you've noted, the only race you watch won't be affected anyways
Old 24 Sep 2016, 08:55 (Ref:3674673)   #1834
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the new OAK Ligier JS 217 LMP2 car have somewhat dramatic changes over the previous version. I like how it's going!

On the other hand, I wonder if there's a scenario where a company bought one of the LMP2 manufacturers? Will ACO told them to pull out?
Old 24 Sep 2016, 12:15 (Ref:3674695)   #1835
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's not a "everybody wins" case. It's 2 different sets of regulations, one of which is on its way out. So they've recognised that the different regulations aren't compatible and have changed classes to suit. Because its on its way out, it isn't being given its own title or Le Mans entries.

I don't have a problem with a temporary solution to let teams still on old chassis fight for something.
Old 24 Sep 2016, 14:22 (Ref:3674731)   #1836
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
nm delete
Old 26 Sep 2016, 20:33 (Ref:3675369)   #1837
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
JS P217 launch video, including some of that night testing they were doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ir414iE-KM
Old 4 Oct 2016, 16:08 (Ref:3677258)   #1838
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ligier JS P217

The new Ligier P2 is out testing in Monza
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20161004_171628[1].jpg  
Old 4 Oct 2016, 17:10 (Ref:3677283)   #1839
Deleted
Veteran

I've asked this before. I know for fact I have. Multiple times. Others have too. Probably on this very thread. But.

Can you enter.
Open top LMP2.
At Le Mans in 2017.

[Y] ?
[E] ?

Everything I've heard is conflicting everything. Some say yes some say no. Answers to my previous questions about this same question too. The fact that the grandfathered cars are eligible in the ELMS and ASLMS and (coupe only) IMSA doesn't help in finding confirmation for the 24 hours.

Second. Has there been any indication of ACO establishing (needless) sub class for the grandfathered P2s in LM, like in ELMS? I know the ACO heads just said ELMS and not WEC or anything else, but LM is kinda separated from WEC regulations when you think of it.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 17:17 (Ref:3677284)   #1840
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I've asked this before. I know for fact I have. Multiple times. Others have too. Probably on this very thread. But.

Can you enter.
Open top LMP2.
At Le Mans in 2017.

[Y] ?
[E] ?

Everything I've heard is conflicting everything. Some say yes some say no. Answers to my previous questions about this same question too. The fact that the grandfathered cars are eligible in the ELMS and ASLMS and (coupe only) IMSA doesn't help in finding confirmation for the 24 hours.

Second. Has there been any indication of ACO establishing (needless) sub class for the grandfathered P2s in LM, like in ELMS? I know the ACO heads just said ELMS and not WEC or anything else, but LM is kinda separated from WEC regulations when you think of it.
The IMSA answer is easy to find. Question #3
http://sportscarchampionship.imsa.co...al-dpi-concept

L.P.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 17:18 (Ref:3677288)   #1841
Deleted
Veteran

Yes I know IMSA but this was LM24 specific only.

So essentially the Zytek, Oreca 03 and Oak-Pescarolo for Le Mans 2017, is it possible?
Old 4 Oct 2016, 17:28 (Ref:3677291)   #1842
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
No it isn't - open topped cars are not eligible aside from Asian Le Mans Series - for ACO competition in 2017
Old 4 Oct 2016, 17:38 (Ref:3677292)   #1843
Deleted
Veteran

Alright so that is 100% set in stone then? Thanks.

And the old coupes, for 2017 only at Le Mans, presumably under just the standard single classification.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 21:37 (Ref:3677347)   #1844
Deleted
Veteran

You know this whole thing sounds like a complicated mess.

Le Mans

LMP2 2017 Spec Limited
LMP2 2016 Coupe

ELMS

LMP2 2017 Spec Limited
LMP2 2016 Coupe (separate sub class)

IMSA
LMP2 2017 "DPi" (No driver restrictions, spec tires)
LMP2 2017 Spec Limited (No driver restrictions, spec tires)
LMP2 2016 Coupe (No driver restrictions, spec tires)

ASLMS

LMP2 2017 Spec Limited (??? ??? ???)
LMP2 2016 Coupe
LMP2 2016 Open Top

Last edited by Deleted; 4 Oct 2016 at 21:43.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 21:41 (Ref:3677348)   #1845
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not really that messy. 2017 and 2016 cars everywhere. IMSA have DPi to suit their needs and AsLMS allows old cars to aid growth.

We cope with 158 cars over as many classes at the Ring. And who knows how classes in events like Dubai work. I think we'll cope with this.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 21:43 (Ref:3677349)   #1846
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You know this whole thing sounds like a complicated mess.

Le Mans

LMP2 2017 Spec Limited
LMP2 2016 Coupe

ELMS

LMP2 2017 Spec Limited
LMP2 2016 Coupe (separate sub class)

IMSA
LMP2 "DPi" (No driver restrictions)
LMP2 2017 Spec Limited (No driver restrictions)
LMP2 2016 Coupe (No driver restrictions)

ASLMS

LMP2 2017 Spec Limited (??? ??? ???)
LMP2 2016 Coupe
LMP2 2016 Open Top
For a complicated mess, you seemed to have summarized it rather easily!

L.P.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 21:49 (Ref:3677352)   #1847
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
For a complicated mess, you seemed to have summarized it rather easily!

L.P.
So easily that
A) Conflicting reports meant that again had to specifically ask info about the open tops (thanks Graham)
B) Still unsure if 2017 cars allowed in ASLMS
C) No-one has yet clearly answered my query on whether or not there will be sub class for the 2016 cars at Le Mans. But I guess we cannot 100% know until the regs or entry list comes out
Old 4 Oct 2016, 21:54 (Ref:3677353)   #1848
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
It's October the year before the series begins. Of course there are questions. We have series which the rules change minutes before the race. And if you think this is complicated then trying explaining to someone all the GT classes and why about 50 different GT series all run GT3 spec cars....but yet they all have different rules.

The LMP2 regs for next year are no more complex than any other sets of regs over the decades.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 22:00 (Ref:3677355)   #1849
Deleted
Veteran

The last time LMP2 (properly) evolved was 2011. The carry over was rather straight forward across the board

ALMS
LMP2 2011
LMP2 2010 Grandfathered

LMS
LMP2 2011
LMP2 2010 Grandfathered

ILMC
LMP2 2011
LMP2 2010 Grandfathered

Same with LMP1 that year (not gonna count 2014 as they were only eligible in WEC anyway at that point, and no-one had grandfathered cars except Rebellion Lola for one event)
Old 5 Oct 2016, 13:31 (Ref:3677495)   #1850
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the new Dallara?