Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Sep 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3674583)   #4401
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yes, it is annoying and a digression that you initiated and continue to perpetuate while adding nothing to the conversation by being derogatory for the sake of it.
I did not start a digression. I made an inquiry about the point being made by the person I replied to. Nothing more, nothing less. There was nothing derogatory in the statement - you started the digression by taking offense to it, and despite my attempts to explain your misunderstanding of what I said, in the process hopefully resolving the issue quickly and without drama, you have chosen to ignore them, actively refuse to drop the issue, and insist on attacking me for no good reason.

You have been given your explanation. If you can't accept it, that's not my problem. If you don't drop it, I'm sure the mods will be stepping in, and I refuse to be the one to step on their toes. So for your own sake, you should probably get over it and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Yep, and said poster ALWAYS has to have the last word.
Last word is irrelevant. When people decide to attack me for no good reason, I will not let it stand. You are no exception.

Last edited by FormulaFox; 23 Sep 2016 at 18:21.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 18:20 (Ref:3674584)   #4402
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
new ligier shows its shape

http://www.onroak.com/en/prototype/ligier-js-p217/

as every new lmp, eyes need some practice, but for now to me looks as a cheaper and less aero developed version of the current lmp2 ligier.
Need to see it running and maybe I'll change my mind.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/onr...igier-js-p217/
Old 23 Sep 2016, 18:21 (Ref:3674586)   #4403
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/onr...igier-js-p217/

lights on the new ligier...
eyes need some practice but right now to me looks like a cheaper and less aero developed car than the current ligier. Need to see it racing to maybe change my mind.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 18:29 (Ref:3674588)   #4404
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
I've read time ago that cadillac DP will stick with the corvette DP 5.5 small block. And about ESM, I've read just here that scott sharp confirmed that the engine will be nissan GT3 one.
If Rebellion will start a real US program this time, don't think they will struggle to get one or two 07 gibson.
V8, however you swing it in a prototype class is fine with me. Even better in a Caddy.

Quote:
By the way, I mean prototype class as top class, nevermind about LMP3 or LMPC joke subclass. ELMS has how many? just 8 or 9 full season lmp2 ?
Not too many of them seem to be making the cut ATM
Old 23 Sep 2016, 19:20 (Ref:3674597)   #4405
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
V8, however you swing it in a prototype class is fine with me. Even better in a Caddy.
Cannot wait to hear that engine again in person.

At the Rolex is awesome, but nothing beats the opening lap of each Practice and P Q at the Glen from the Toe of the Boot. You can't see the back straight or the Inner Loop, but you just hear that 5.5l starting as a slight rumble to a full scream as it gets closer and closer.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 19:21 (Ref:3674598)   #4406
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
I did not start a digression. I made an inquiry about the point being made by the person I replied to. Nothing more, nothing less. There was nothing derogatory in the statement - you started the digression by taking offense to it, and despite my attempts to explain your misunderstanding of what I said, in the process hopefully resolving the issue quickly and without drama, you have chosen to ignore them, actively refuse to drop the issue, and insist on attacking me for no good reason.

You have been given your explanation. If you can't accept it, that's not my problem. If you don't drop it, I'm sure the mods will be stepping in, and I refuse to be the one to step on their toes. So for your own sake, you should probably get over it and move on.

Last word is irrelevant. When people decide to attack me for no good reason, I will not let it stand. You are no exception.
Nobody attacked you. I took exception your posts and your asinine explanations of the original statement.

I've also reported this post as it seems to be a threatening personal attack.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 19:38 (Ref:3674604)   #4407
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Nobody attacked you.
From your previous posts: "lashing out at something else," "being derogatory for the sake of it"

These accusations, mild thought they may be, are indeed attacks on me - they are not directed at my post, they are directed at me, and they serve no purpose to the topic, only to further drag things off-topic for no reason.

Quote:
I took exception your posts and your asinine explanations of the original statement.
And we could have simply agreed to disagree, but for some reason you still insist on dragging it out.

Quote:
I've also reported this post as it seems to be a threatening personal attack.
I'm not exactly concerned that the mods will misconstrue my statements the way you chose to - particularly when I'd already reported several of your attacks on me.

Noting that the mods will not take lightly to constant digression is not a personal attack - it's noting that you're engaging in behavior that the mods may take a dim view of.

Selectively highlighting my statement does not suddenly change it into a threat - I expressly noted that the mods might take a dim view of your behavior and that the result may be them taking an action you won't like.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 20:46 (Ref:3674619)   #4408
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
First new P2, the Ligier JS 217, has been unveiled to the world:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...-launched.html
http://sportscar365.com/industry/lig...p217-unveiled/
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/13466...igier-js-p2017

As I suspected, not exactly the most drastic of changes compared to the previous car. Looking forward to seeing it race.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 21:57 (Ref:3674632)   #4409
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
From your previous posts: "lashing out at something else," "being derogatory for the sake of it"

These accusations, mild thought they may be, are indeed attacks on me - they are not directed at my post, they are directed at me, and they serve no purpose to the topic, only to further drag things off-topic for no reason.

And we could have simply agreed to disagree, but for some reason you still insist on dragging it out.

I'm not exactly concerned that the mods will misconstrue my statements the way you chose to - particularly when I'd already reported several of your attacks on me.

Noting that the mods will not take lightly to constant digression is not a personal attack - it's noting that you're engaging in behavior that the mods may take a dim view of.

Selectively highlighting my statement does not suddenly change it into a threat - I expressly noted that the mods might take a dim view of your behavior and that the result may be them taking an action you won't like.

FF you're always in a fight, it's ok to leave it every now and then and just talk about how cool Sportscar racing is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23 Sep 2016, 23:13 (Ref:3674637)   #4410
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
FF you're always in a fight, it's ok to leave it every now and then and just talk about how cool Sportscar racing is.
Check PM.
Old 24 Sep 2016, 00:37 (Ref:3674650)   #4411
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys,are like 12 yr old girls, just give it a rest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 24 Sep 2016, 04:35 (Ref:3674667)   #4412
nissangtrfan
Rookie

United States
30 Miles from Road Atlanta
nissangtrfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...zLu9HZw5G&_rdr

Short video of the Ligier from Pipo Derani

Last edited by nissangtrfan; 24 Sep 2016 at 04:54.
Old 24 Sep 2016, 14:30 (Ref:3674735)   #4413
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
You guys,are like 12 yr old girls, just give it a rest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Except 12 year old girls would probably handle this privately in snapchat or whatsapp, or something
Old 26 Sep 2016, 01:53 (Ref:3675179)   #4414
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Focus. We're not running for office here. Back to topic, please (again).
Old 26 Sep 2016, 05:21 (Ref:3675196)   #4415
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Focus. We're not running for office here. Back to topic, please (again).
All that's missing in this thread is someone telling us how he could fill the grid with P1s. Vote Trump!
Old 26 Sep 2016, 14:32 (Ref:3675275)   #4416
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
All that's missing in this thread is someone telling us how he could fill the grid with P1s. Vote Trump!
Trump wouldn't want filthy disgusting foreign LMP1s on US soil, god knows what those homologation papers might show.

Well at least until he changes his mind 5 minutes later
Old 26 Sep 2016, 15:12 (Ref:3675284)   #4417
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
P217 video......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ir414iE-KM

L.P.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 15:25 (Ref:3675287)   #4418
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OH SURE !! With Hillary's thinking it would be :

Since there are only 3-4 race teams wanting to run LMP 1 cars they are certainly in the minority So we as the USA should give each team one Billion dollars to lift them up . Hire some displaced refugee's cover the cost of Design , Build , Test etc . Allow them to enter the USA Un VETTED . put them all up in First class Hotels , Supply them with Green Vehicles for their transport needs . Of course 3 catered meals daily . Build them a 100,000 sq ft shop fully equiped and then Invite them to run the whole IMSA series .

E-mails to follow with more details
Old 26 Sep 2016, 15:56 (Ref:3675294)   #4419
David A Scott
Rookie

Canada
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
David A Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
OH SURE !! With Hillary's thinking it would be :

Since there are only 3-4 race teams wanting to run LMP 1 cars they are certainly in the minority So we as the USA should give each team one Billion dollars to lift them up . Hire some displaced refugee's cover the cost of Design , Build , Test etc . Allow them to enter the USA Un VETTED . put them all up in First class Hotels , Supply them with Green Vehicles for their transport needs . Of course 3 catered meals daily . Build them a 100,000 sq ft shop fully equiped and then Invite them to run the whole IMSA series .

E-mails to follow with more details
That's gold Jerry. GOLD!
Old 26 Sep 2016, 16:01 (Ref:3675295)   #4420
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets Hope NEWMAN doesn't find out about this
Old 26 Sep 2016, 16:14 (Ref:3675298)   #4421
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Dragonspeed might do Daytona:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/dr...lex-24-effort/

and hinting at more Orecas for next season:

Quote:
“ORECA has been flat out building cars and we wouldn’t want to cause a compromise to us or any other teams.”

Julian said the timing of Daytona fits in well with its 2017 program, as the team has elected to upgrade Hedman’s existing Oreca 05 to the Oreca 07, instead of purchasing two brand-new cars.

The current car has to be shipped back to Florida in December, per its carnet, which opens the door for a Daytona effort.

“We decided, together with ORECA, to step back one of the cars,” Julian said. “We’ll update the one that we have and have another new one. That will probably also help a couple of the American teams jump up the queue a little bit.”
Old 26 Sep 2016, 16:52 (Ref:3675302)   #4422
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Please guys. Just no politics please. Too much of that nonsense everywhere else. Honestly, let's please not even bring it up, even in jest. Please.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 19:23 (Ref:3675342)   #4423
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can anyone tell me what color the new Ligier actually is? Purple? Blue? Blurple?
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 26 Sep 2016, 19:32 (Ref:3675344)   #4424
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Dragonspeed might do Daytona:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/dr...lex-24-effort/

and hinting at more Orecas for next season:
I thought they said in March they absolutely wouldn't be back, because of the BoP the Oreca received.

Now DP might* be gone by Daytona, however it's bit naive to think that the bare body LMP2s are gonna get equal treatment against the $$$ OEM bodykits. Assuming there are any on the grid that is...

*probably...
Old 26 Sep 2016, 20:12 (Ref:3675362)   #4425
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter Baron (Starworks) has a delivery date for his R/M Mk. 30... Link

L.P.