Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Oct 2014, 01:36 (Ref:3463180)   #51
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for rookie question..is qualifying streamed on the fiawec feed like the race or only t and s?
Old 11 Oct 2014, 01:48 (Ref:3463181)   #52
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Far as I know, there is video with quali ... I'm no rookie but i am not knowledgeable.

Should be interesting. The two Porsches split the Toyotas with the Audis half-a-second to 1.2 seconds back. Audi hasn't broken 1:27 in practice 3.

If it doesn't rain, Toyota should win this one.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 02:04 (Ref:3463183)   #53
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the fast response maelochs..gonna try and stream via hot spot to my mac book to my tv in the trailer trackside at laguna. ..wish me luck..
Old 11 Oct 2014, 04:17 (Ref:3463207)   #54
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Gonna need that backdoor link. Hopefully someone posts it up.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 04:50 (Ref:3463220)   #55
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Last backdoor link i had isn't working ... might have to scour the CotA thread to see if there is a new one.

check this and may it work for you: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=201
Old 11 Oct 2014, 04:54 (Ref:3463223)   #56
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I cant find it either.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 04:58 (Ref:3463227)   #57
Maelochs
Veteran

There is a technique mentioned there ...
Old 11 Oct 2014, 05:25 (Ref:3463237)   #58
TF110
Veteran

United States
I couldnt get it to work. But Toyota pulled out a pole
Old 11 Oct 2014, 05:28 (Ref:3463239)   #59
Maelochs
Veteran

Toyota, Porsche, Porsche, Toyota, then the two Audis. Mark Webber showed he can drive a sports car, and the Toyota is fast again. Audi is just waiting for everyone to break, I guess.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 05:33 (Ref:3463243)   #60
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Any word on if Typhoon Vongfong is expected to impact the race?
Old 11 Oct 2014, 07:40 (Ref:3463274)   #61
TF110
Veteran

United States

One of many forecasts. It may affect the race with its outter edges. Its the size of Texas.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 08:04 (Ref:3463278)   #62
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a Webber fan, it was great to see him up to pace. I felt he has been struggling to adapt a bit but he drove brilliantly today.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3463284)   #63
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With the back door possibly not working I think I'll admit defeat and watch the race "as live" on Motors TV. Does the app give access to any on demand content or just live?

Rain is supposed to arrive tomorrow evening which is encouraging.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3463289)   #64
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thinks are getting normal now :-)

Porsche 919 Hybrid LMP1 - H Timo BERNHARD 316.7

Porsche 919 Hybrid LMP1 - H Marc LIEB 314.0 9

Toyota TS 040 - Hybrid LMP1 - H Sébastien BUEMI 309.5 3

CLM P1/01 - AER LMP1 - L Pierre KAFFER 308.6 14

Rebellion R-One - Toyota LMP1 - L Fabio LEIMER 305.9

Rebellion R-One - Toyota LMP1 - L Mathias BECHE 305.1

Toyota TS 040 - Hybrid LMP1 - H Alexander WURZ 303.4

Audi R18 e-tron quattro LMP1 - H Marcel FÄSSLER 301.7

Audi R18 e-tron quattro LMP1 - H Tom KRISTENSEN 297.5
Old 11 Oct 2014, 09:55 (Ref:3463295)   #65
TF110
Veteran

United States
I hope the backdoor works for Fuji! Not sure how Id watch the race without it.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 10:09 (Ref:3463297)   #66
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CLM Lotus must be running super-ultra LD package . Such a great top speed with P2-ish lap times.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 11:51 (Ref:3463314)   #67
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
6 Hours of Fuji

According to DSC there was a heated discussion between several drivers and the race director at the drivers briefing this weekend regarding the handling of the weather conditions during the race at COTA. One of the those drivers was the Sacred Monster (Christophe Bouchut) and I'm intrigued to know which other drivers were involved in that discussion.

Quote:
The Race Director was none too happy to be rather loudly berated by a man who may, or may not have been Christophe Bouchut.
:lol:

Ah to be a fly on the wall in that room

Last edited by rich07; 11 Oct 2014 at 12:00.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 12:15 (Ref:3463322)   #68
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Either Audi brought the wrong aero package to Fuji (high downforce--fastest though the twisty bits, but way lacking in top speed), or they're hoping that Porsche and Toyota burn their tires off during their stints while Audi can double stint.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3463330)   #69
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
CLM Lotus must be running super-ultra LD package . Such a great top speed with P2-ish lap times.
yeah, like more or less was the T128 last year... close to lmp1 top speed with LMPC-ish lap times.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3463331)   #70
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Either Audi brought the wrong aero package to Fuji (high downforce--fastest though the twisty bits, but way lacking in top speed), or they're hoping that Porsche and Toyota burn their tires off during their stints while Audi can double stint.
Audi top speed is in a range of 7-10 km/h slower than the low dragging nose TS040. Porsche 919 has the highest top speed. Basicly the status quo remained unchanged.
We should not forget that to achieve >330km/h at le mans, audi used the special "long tail" bodywork the a single profile rear wing. Is clear that the audi sprint package maximizes downforce
Old 11 Oct 2014, 14:28 (Ref:3463343)   #71
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Expecting to be flamed for this but...

All this talk of "back doors". If you want to watch the race so bad then why don't you just pay the fee to the WEC and watch the stream legally? It's a small price to pay to know that you won't have any issues watching it. Seriously, I thought we were all fans here?

I mean sure, it should be free, but it's not.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 14:39 (Ref:3463344)   #72
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Expecting to be flamed for this but...

All this talk of "back doors". If you want to watch the race so bad then why don't you just pay the fee to the WEC and watch the stream legally? It's a small price to pay to know that you won't have any issues watching it. Seriously, I thought we were all fans here?

From my end I'm usually able to watch (or at least record) the races live on TV during the year. That's not the case for Fuji so I'm not interested in paying for the sake of one race. Sure I could pay it - but I fundamentally disagree with the route the WEC has gone down this year. It flies in the face of what other series are offering. It's a money grab. Plus I don't believe there's any archiving on the app apart from edited highlights. But happy to be proved wrong on that.

I'd also dispute the fact that a backdoor link is illegal.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3463345)   #73
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'm not paying for it, no. The manner in which a levy was introduced was very disrespectful. I don't take well with being treated with contempt. And I can't 100% count on my connection either - nothing drives me more incandescent than a paid-for-broadcast that winds up lagging. I don't know if there's even a non-English broadcaster that's covering this live in which I could dig up the link for.

Bathurst is covered by Motors and BT Sports in this neck of the woods. It's a pity this WEC event couldn't be worked around that.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 15:08 (Ref:3463353)   #74
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
According to DSC there was a heated discussion between several drivers and the race director at the drivers briefing this weekend regarding the handling of the weather conditions during the race at COTA. One of the those drivers was the Sacred Monster (Christophe Bouchut) and I'm intrigued to know which other drivers were involved in that discussion.

Ah to be a fly on the wall in that room
You can be, courtesy of DHH https://twitter.com/dhhracing/status/520378550965518336 and other previous tweets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post

I'm not paying for it because I'm not able to watch it all live. Whereas I can go on to youtube a few hours after the race and watch the whole thing in HD, at my leisure.

Plus, compared to last year there's nothing extra for the money - I want access to onboards on the website, better live timing (this is 2014, sector times for the love of god) and multi-platform access.

But frankly, the reason I want the back door is so it can be distributed to friends, others on forums and on social media, so the WEC audience can grow - because if no one is watching then that's no good for the series.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 15:20 (Ref:3463355)   #75
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would pay if I could, since I don't have a credit card I can't.
If only there was a paypal option....