Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the British Grand Prix?
10 1 3.03%
9 3 9.09%
8 11 33.33%
7 5 15.15%
6 6 18.18%
5 3 9.09%
4 3 9.09%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Jul 2023, 09:57 (Ref:4167332)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: British Grand Prix 2023

What score do you give the British Grand Prix?
Old 9 Jul 2023, 15:37 (Ref:4167475)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Mclaren added a lot of interest for me and the mid to late race SC gave the race a much needed boost. Lots of aggressive passes, attempts, and defensive actions. Fun race.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 15:41 (Ref:4167479)   #3
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mixed.
Rather boring I thought.

When Verstappen in front again, the race for 1st was done.
But we know that already.

And the SC ruined race for many and handed luck to others.

Good luck for Hamilton who was no where near front.
Bad luck for Piastra who would have been on podium and deserved that.
Good luck for Perez too.

Bad luck for Russell, both Ferrari

So, no can not say that was great race.

Don't really like it when order is shuffled not by battles but by FCY or SC. So I deduct points.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 15:46 (Ref:4167489)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was pretty dull up until the SC, then after the round of pit stops it really came alive, with battles in the mid-field and a great battle with Norris and Hamilton for 2nd.

Old 9 Jul 2023, 15:50 (Ref:4167500)   #5
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm giving that one a 9. Had me glued to the telly throughout.

-1 for the safety car, could have been a perfect 10.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 15:55 (Ref:4167504)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A 7, too much field spread before the the SC and pit stops
Old 9 Jul 2023, 16:36 (Ref:4167533)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8 for me. Thoroughly enjoyed it and watching the whole thing live was a real bonus. The safety car screwed Piastri, he deserved that podium. Dismal performance by Ferrari.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 17:05 (Ref:4167548)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A 9 from me best race in a long while would have been 10 if Max had not been on his own for most of the race
Old 9 Jul 2023, 17:11 (Ref:4167552)   #9
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Super-exciting throughout, especially with the Brits doing so well. I agree with others about the safety car, but that's always the way. I gave it 9.

Great presentation on C4. I watched every bit of it (to the annoyance of SWMBO) and that really added to the event.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 18:53 (Ref:4167614)   #10
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
especially with the Brits doing so well

Just genuine wondering.
If they were not Brits but other nations, would you give same points or would that make less exciting?
I have nobody to relate to so wonder about that.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 19:32 (Ref:4167621)   #11
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’m a Brit rated it a six absolutely enjoyed it but it took the weather and a safety car to make it a lot less boring.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 19:49 (Ref:4167629)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rika View Post
Just genuine wondering.
If they were not Brits but other nations, would you give same points or would that make less exciting?
Possibly not. I freely admit that Lando and McLaren added another point on for me. Not at all ashamed about that though. If I were a Max fan I'd probably have overrated most of the races this season....
Old 9 Jul 2023, 21:38 (Ref:4167645)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Who gave it 9?!?!

That's incredibly generous.
Old 10 Jul 2023, 00:15 (Ref:4167663)   #14
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Who gave it 9?!?!

If you click on the vote counts, it provides a page showing who voted for which value.

I said "8", but considered a "7". I can understand why people may have voted much lower. It your blank out the names of teams and drivers, it was maybe average at best. But adding in the drivers and teams (which does matter) and how it is a change of pace of usual events, then that is why I voted higher.

Richard
Old 10 Jul 2023, 06:22 (Ref:4167680)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Who gave it 9?!?!

Not really. For me it was a very enjoyable race. I didn't give it a 9, but did give it an 8, which is pretty generous by my standards. I've marked down other races which others have enthralled about, but this one kept me on the edge of my seat, especially after the SC.
Old 10 Jul 2023, 08:28 (Ref:4167700)   #16
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
7 for me. It was a good race in most parts.
Old 10 Jul 2023, 08:35 (Ref:4167702)   #17
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Who gave it 9?!?!

I did. I even said I did, and why.
Old 10 Jul 2023, 08:39 (Ref:4167704)   #18
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rika View Post
Just genuine wondering.
Any of the drivers and teams that I particularly like would do.
Old 10 Jul 2023, 08:40 (Ref:4167705)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Gave it an 8. Plenty of close battles and, while Max won again, he didn't quite dominate as usual. Just a shame the SC didn't give us the battle for the lead we were hoping for
Old 10 Jul 2023, 12:52 (Ref:4167734)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Good race I thought, there seemed to be battles going on throughout the field (apart from Max out front). I think it helps the spectacle being on a proper circuit (not a street circuit) where the cars look at home and some of the onboard shots through Maggots/Becketts were really impressive. Having corners where cars could take alternate lines also helps.
Old 10 Jul 2023, 15:23 (Ref:4167758)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I think it helps the spectacle being on a proper circuit (not a street circuit) where the cars look at home and some of the onboard shots through Maggots/Becketts were really impressive. Having corners where cars could take alternate lines also helps.
+1000
Old 10 Jul 2023, 19:22 (Ref:4167805)   #22
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It started out exciting then become processional, but the suitably nick-named Entertainment Control Vehicle(TM) otherwise called the Safety Car did the trick to provide an exciting finish. 7/10
Old 10 Jul 2023, 22:36 (Ref:4167828)   #23
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I gave it a 10 just so someone can be outraged.
Old 11 Jul 2023, 07:27 (Ref:4167853)   #24
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7 from me. Marked down as don't like any races that are spoiled by SC, as always someone penalised.
Old 11 Jul 2023, 12:37 (Ref:4167893)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
I gave it a 10 just so someone can be outraged.