Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 26 Oct 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3468671)   #1
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent
Racer

Scotland
Crewe
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSVR season closer

Hi, I wanted to say a big thank you to MSVR, Oulton Park and the Masters series for a fantastic days racing on Saturday.
We saw some brilliant close racing, stunning cars (BMW CSL et al!) and well behaved drivers.
All the drivers took heed of waved yellows and blues where I was and its a credit to them and their standards.
It was a shame that the second GT Cup race was stopped before it had even started though, and all my marshal colleagues did amazing work to get tidied up so quickly. Great work chaps and chappeses! However, the race between Marcus Clutton in the Chevron and Jim Geddie in the Mclaren afterwards was great, well done guys, superb racing!
Brigette and I would like to thank everyone for their fellowship, humour, enduring foul weather and mickey taking this year on the bank.
Its been fun, so lets do it all again next year.
Oh, and can the Masters Series come back next year with more toys from their boxes please? Sportscar and F1 Masters would be great.
Old 26 Oct 2014, 15:47 (Ref:3468736)   #2
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I agree. I had a good day at Clay Hill (first time on that post). Visibility down to Knickerbrook meant even I could perform reasonably with the blue flag!

As you say, shame about the accident (sorry, in these PC days, 'collision) in the GT Cup race and the consequential extensive delay. Weather was a bit chilly & damp too, although I suppose it is England in late October!

Ah well, that's it for 2014, time to wash the Probans ready for training next year.
Old 26 Oct 2014, 16:25 (Ref:3468747)   #3
drewchef
Rookie

England
Huddersfield
drewchef should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Mike, we appreciate the historics at OP, a Masters meeting would be excellent. I've enjoyed my second season very much, a highlight being a member of the same team as you at Lodge for the Gold Cup meeting.
Bring on 2015.
Andy R.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3469133)   #4
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No need to pack the kit away just yet. Two more meetings at Anglesey you can go to. Just wear something warm and have your waterproofs to hand.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3469158)   #5
black merc
Rookie

United Kingdom
manchester
black merc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a fantastic day and I hope they do come back next year a great day on start finish line
Old 28 Oct 2014, 13:08 (Ref:3469378)   #6
Mark Noble
Racer

England
Warrington
Mark Noble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spot on Mike. Best race in my opinion was the first Golf race with those 4 at the front. Superb!
Old 28 Oct 2014, 13:17 (Ref:3469381)   #7
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good day but glad they canned the Alfas at the end!
Old 28 Oct 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3469388)   #8
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Noble View Post
Spot on Mike. Best race in my opinion was the first Golf race with those 4 at the front. Superb!
you should have seen the orange golf down at shell/island!!! overtook around the outside of island bend the first lap and then around the outside of shell on the next.....NEVER seen a car last it around the outside of island before without ending up in the weeds....big thumbs up for all the drivers for not punting eachother off...
Old 28 Oct 2014, 15:16 (Ref:3469412)   #9
Mark Noble
Racer

England
Warrington
Mark Noble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Shell!
Old 28 Oct 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3469454)   #10
Slipstick
Racer

United Kingdom
N. Staffs
Slipstick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Old Hall and I can't say I really appreciated being attacked by a bunch of errant GT Cup cars...but it was a good meeting overall. We could have done with a few more Masters but they were such nice cars that they were worth watching anyway. You have to feel sorry for the Alfa drivers sitting round all afternoon and then not getting their second race....but by then I was ready to go home.

I hope the Masters do have a full meeting soon....but preferably this time not so early in the year that it gets cancelled due to snow on the track like the last one I can remember .

Steve
Old 30 Oct 2014, 08:30 (Ref:3469910)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now the season is over Mike, you can spend time studying your Prize Draw winnings and bone up on F1 statistics ready for next years quiz, well unless you would prefer to tackle the Scooby Doo colouring book instead (yes I have kept it for you.). Armed with your trusty Marlboro Guide you should be a shoe in for top dog slot, and pick of the sumptuous prizes that will, no doubt, be on offer.

Just to help you flex your brain muscle;

In the list of the ten fastest Grands Prix ever run, one dates back 40 years, can you name Who, What, When and Where?

Enjoy the off season.

Kind regards,

Bauble.
Old 30 Oct 2014, 10:20 (Ref:3469926)   #12
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Noble View Post
I was at Shell!
cool, was flagging on island....was a good day :-)
Old 30 Oct 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3470055)   #13
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent
Racer

Scotland
Crewe
Fastest gp's

Bauble, I accept your challenge!
I will get my best reading glasses out.
You will bring out my uber nerd in me.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3471109)   #14
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 'Bean' Broadbent View Post
Bauble, I accept your challenge!
I will get my best reading glasses out.
You will bring out my uber nerd in me.

Mike, I would not wish to mislead you so 44 is the magic number.

Bob.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3471335)   #15
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent
Racer

Scotland
Crewe
Fastest GP's

In order:
Italy 2003 M Schumacher Ferrari 247.585 kph
Italy 2005 247.096 JP Montoya Williams
Italy 2006 245.814 M Schumacher Ferrari
Italy 2004 244.374 Reubens Barichello Ferrari
Italy 1971 242.625 P Gethin BRM
Belgium 1970 241.308 Pedro Rodriguez BRM
Italy 2002 241.090 ruebens Barichello Ferrari
Italy 2009 241.000 R Barichello Brawn
Italy 2010 240.849 F Alonso Ferrari
Italy 1993 239.144 Damon Hill Williams

Fair play, I did remember that pre emancipation, Spa was very fast.
Good question
So, in response, closest British GP finish, when, where, who

May be better to start a new thread?
Old 4 Nov 2014, 09:31 (Ref:3471474)   #16
bauble
Veteran

England
Now you are into my territory (age wise).

Aintree 1955 Stirling Moss beat Mercedes team mate Juan Fangio by 200ths of a second.

Did the Maestro allow his young British team mate win on home soil?

Moss never knew for certain, when he asked Juan, he said no Moss won fairly.

Fangio was always a true sportsman and gentleman, something we sorely miss in today's Ef Wun.

I agree if we wish to continue in this vein there should be a separate thread, or by PM?

Cheers,

Bob.
Old 6 Nov 2014, 15:46 (Ref:3472256)   #17
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns View Post
No need to pack the kit away just yet. Two more meetings at Anglesey you can go to. Just wear something warm and have your waterproofs to hand.
Love Anglesey, Paul, but for one who doesn't stay overnight it's too far for me at 260 miles round trip.