Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Nov 2000, 20:44 (Ref:49203)   #1
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar chairman Neil Ressler has admitted he would love to see world champion Michael Schumacher drive for the team.

Ressler reckons Schumacher is unquestionably the best driver in the sport. He believes the triple world champion is an ideal role model for young drivers.

He said: "I'm a fan. I wish he was driving our car.

"Michael is a good model for everyone to emulate. He is clearly the best driver in the world - no question about it - and he shows it in the way he gets more out of the car and does things that others can't do.”

What do you think any chance in the Future, what would Eddie think about it .
It would be quite a challange for TGF, I'm sure it would raise British Support for TGF if he got Jaguar the Drivers Championship,I can see it now a sea of green in the stands.
If your not currently a TGF supporter would you support him if he drove for Jaguar
I would certainly have to have a long hard think about that one, mixed loyalties mmmmmmmmm!
Old 20 Nov 2000, 20:50 (Ref:49206)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mister Neil Ressler and all the rest of F1 teams wish TGF in their cars... Same to what happened to Beco in the past... who would want a 3rd WC in the best of his skills ?
Poor guy Mr Ressler...
Old 21 Nov 2000, 02:13 (Ref:49264)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bet Prost would like to have TGF in his cars too.

And the people in Hades want ice water and will probably get it before either of those teams get TGF in their cars.
Old 21 Nov 2000, 03:17 (Ref:49270)   #4
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He may attract a lot of British Fans, but he'll also lose a lot of Italian ones. At first I thought "No way!", but giving it a bit more consideration it does not sound too far fetched at all. Jaguar is in contention for Newey when his contract expires and this would certainly make the jaguar a more attractive drive.

Old 21 Nov 2000, 05:00 (Ref:49275)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Poor o' Eddie (irvine) must be at home crying...
His old team clearly favours Michael Schumacher, and he moved to Jaguar to distant himself from THE WUNDERKIND, only to realise his new employers loves Michael too!
It must have given his morale a BEATING!
Old 21 Nov 2000, 05:22 (Ref:49278)   #6
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
The only person who has come out to say he doesn't want TGF in his team is Ron Dennis, and I'm willing to bet that is because he hasn't much chance. If Mercedes paved the way for TGF to go to McLaren, you can bet that the Menace would do an about face. I cannot see, at the moment, how TGF would want to be part of the green debacle and unless Jaguar gets their act together and roar and pounce instead of going bang and prang, they would hardly attract any of the top drivers. TGF is now so happy to be running Ferrari that I really can't see him wanting to change anthems. Nevertheless, strange things happen in the motoring world, and if Ford were to buy Honda, Renault, or BMW, and put a decent donk in the Jag.......you never know. And lastly, I can't see how Eddie would complain - at least he will get a chance to come second in a race again. Now he is flat out getting to the finish!!
Old 21 Nov 2000, 10:33 (Ref:49301)   #7
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote: "The only person who has come out to say he doesn't want TGF in his team is Ron Dennis, and I'm willing to bet that is because he hasn't much chance"

Mclaren, Mercedes, Ron and Haug.....cases of sour grapes!!~
Old 21 Nov 2000, 14:32 (Ref:49333)   #8
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's not totally unthinkable that TGF will race for Ford\Jaguar after next season. Main reason for that is Ross Brawn leaving for Jaguar after next season. As y'all know Brawn is half of the Schumacher-package. Ford are willing to pay any amount of money to get to the front so that's not an issue too. When Brawn is off to Jag, either TGF will follow him or quit. But the last option is more likely, but that surely depends of the potential the Jag displays this year. The more progress they make, the more attractive it becomes to become champ with another manufacturer, doesn't it? But considering their shape this season unlikely still
Old 21 Nov 2000, 16:46 (Ref:49345)   #9
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prost would like to have him in his car? I would like to see him in my car! As a matter of facts I would like to buy Minardi, get a Ferrari engine deal, hire Schumacher and Hakinnen and win the first race of the 2002 season.... Nah, forget the modesty, I will get a 1-2.

Indeed, a lot of rumors were spread this year. I don't think any celebrity in F1 was not linked to Jaguar. They would want to see both Brawn and Schumacher, as well as Villeneuve and Newey, but who wouldn't? ITV launched that rumor about Ferrari crew moving to England if they get the title this year. Or if they don't, they'll be bored and move anyway. As for Schumacher, he said during the year that he will retire driving a Ferrari.

Interesting how the stories circulate. Probably Ressler was asked what is his opinion on current drivers. He probably said that Schumacher is the best driver in the world and he would like to see him at Jaguar. Next step (for the media, especially Internet sites) is "Jaguar wants to hire Schumacher", "Schumacher drives for Jaguar".... the rest is easy, "$60 million offered", "No deal signed yet that's because Schumacher is greedy"....

PS: It's just a long range plan, nothing official yet. I will not buy Minardi in 2001.
Old 21 Nov 2000, 21:51 (Ref:49381)   #10
Billy_Hunt
Racer

TGF

I just can't help thinking that this could be a possible move for TGF in the future .
Jaguar have got a long history of racing heritage (with a bit of gap I know )its got to count for something.
It would be a truely historic occasion if Jaguar got to the top again as it was with Ferrari.
TGF would want a piece of that I'm sure,if not he would go for something like £60 Million.
His popularity would sore in the UK which is Probably the place where he is least popular at the moment.
I think TGF has started to get a bit more conscientious
There is a lot of hope and passion for Jaguar in the Uk,they will, I am sure do a lot better next season and this hope and passion will rise as Jaguar rise up the field.
They have the money, they will soon have one of the best facilities.
All the above can't really be said for Prost can it

People don't be too quick to discount the possibility on this one !

Unless of course your a witch or something and you have got a crystal ball, if thats the case I agree with what you say
Old 21 Nov 2000, 23:06 (Ref:49395)   #11
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As Red has said, TGF has given every indication that he will retire from Ferrari and that day is in the distant future. We have no reason NOT to believe him.
Michael Schumacher wants his name inexorably linked to that of Ferrari, five years on the Team and the first WDC in twenty years are a start-he would never through away his opportunity to maintain future links to the Scuderia much as Jackie Stewart cultivated Ford in the wake of his own retirement.

There is no doubt the Jaguar needs a type flight driver, but Schuey will never "Leap" and Irvine should be shown the door as F1 Racing suggested last month.

Ford will prove to be willing to invest heavily in Jag to turn them into a winner, but TGF is one plum they won't ever be able to pick.
Old 22 Nov 2000, 02:56 (Ref:49412)   #12
Gt_R
Veteran

Hopefully, Williams keeps Juan and Ralf in 2003...(BMW wants a German in the seat?)...perhaps we could have Jenson taking the first WDC for Jaguar in 2004? Meanwhile, Jaguar should use this time to buck up~
Old 22 Nov 2000, 19:38 (Ref:49509)   #13
Billy_Hunt
Racer

************** Now that would be nice ! ************

Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Hopefully, Williams keeps Juan and Ralf in 2003...(BMW wants a German in the seat?)...perhaps we could have Jenson taking the first WDC for Jaguar in 2004? Meanwhile, Jaguar should use this time to buck up~
What a much better prospect no mixed loyalties there 2004 seems such a long way off though doesn't it.
After my spirits were dashed by that straight talking EERO, of a Jaguar World Champion crown,there now seems a much better prospect
It would be nice for Eddie to do it a bit sooner though with no TGF he has at least a chance or how about DC moving to Jaguar and doing it no it would be truely great if Jenson did it I have to agree but why 2004, Williams could let him go in 2003 when Jenson's contract with Benetton expires

I'm expecting big things to come from Jaguar and let's hope we see the start of them next season

Thing's can only get better