Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 Dec 2011, 16:59 (Ref:3004875)   #51
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Ridler View Post
No need to worry people the new one is the same size as the original, just the MSA logo has changed format and colour.
I'm not worried - the new photocard & Personal Record Card are already securely installed in the new wallet ready for next year!
Old 28 Dec 2011, 18:17 (Ref:3004896)   #52
Postie
Rookie

Wales
Leicester
Postie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
An that's ok then. Thought the postman has been on the rob!
No, just an over zealous customer wanting to blame Royal Mail before establishing the facts !
Old 28 Dec 2011, 18:34 (Ref:3004900)   #53
Speed Freek
Rookie

England
Oxford, UK
Speed Freek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RECEIVED!!

Got mine in the post today. I see no other problems with it that some of us crazy petrol heads haven't noticed already. Although there was just the one that I can't seem to find on here....... the PRC doesn't fit in our nice new shiny wallets! And yes I'm putting it in the right compartment!!

All in all I quite like the new PRC' seeing as I will be seeking upgrade after my 6 years of being a trainee!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28 Dec 2011, 19:20 (Ref:3004912)   #54
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Got mine in the post today. I see no other problems with it that some of us crazy petrol heads haven't noticed already. Although there was just the one that I can't seem to find on here....... the PRC doesn't fit in our nice new shiny wallets! And yes I'm putting it in the right compartment!!

All in all I quite like the new PRC' seeing as I will be seeking upgrade after my 6 years of being a trainee!!!!!!!!!!!
Unless you have a different type of PRC or a different wallet, yes it does

having said that i have put them in my old blue MSA one, to make it easier to find in the scrabble of black wallets
Old 28 Dec 2011, 21:15 (Ref:3004927)   #55
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthews Dad View Post
Unless you have a different type of PRC or a different wallet, yes it does

having said that i have put them in my old blue MSA one, to make it easier to find in the scrabble of black wallets
Well in fairness it does and it doesnt, just a couple of mm too small, I'm not complaining so some members on here can dismount their high horses!
You can notice it especially if you get all the books but the pocket folds flat enough anyway, but that's trivial, a change of book doesn't necessarily neccesitate a new wallet, even if the books are twice the thickness!

The fact that the wallets have a seperate part for the card is a Brucie bonus, so useful as the older gen ones you had to leave them loose so if the postie (i doubt it) has had it away I'd definately ask for a new 'un, it will be easy enough, surely one of the trainers at training day will have loads, most of us, unlike myself arent going to use the books before then anyway...

Last edited by Stephen Green; 29 Dec 2011 at 10:45. Reason: Capitals and punctuation please
Old 28 Dec 2011, 22:13 (Ref:3004943)   #56
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYankee01 View Post
The fact that the wallets have a seperate part for the card is a brucie bonus, so useful as the older gen ones you had to leave them loose
The wallet I'm using is several years old & it's got a separate part for the card.
Old 28 Dec 2011, 23:21 (Ref:3004973)   #57
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
The wallet I'm using is several years old & it's got a separate part for the card.
I suppose the credit crunch made the MSA buy cheaper single pocket wallets and now theyve reinstated the classic design!

By older gen I mean the ones issued within the last year or so.

I can't understand why they had a pocket for the card then didn't, then they have again. I didnt know they used to have that. Bit before when I started.

Last edited by Stephen Green; 29 Dec 2011 at 10:46. Reason: Punctuation please!!!
Old 29 Dec 2011, 00:03 (Ref:3004988)   #58
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine arrived today as well - the only problem? It seems to be missing my upgrade to Experienced (maybe a phone call tomorrow to chase it up)

oh, and it also lists my Speed grade as Trainee - think I might need to do something about that this season...

Sorry to get all Spanish Inquistion, but those were the only two problems. That is all....
Old 29 Dec 2011, 00:35 (Ref:3005002)   #59
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mine turned up yesterday too. Grade correct, card and PRC fit perfectly in the wallet. Should I phone the MSA tomorrow to complain that I have nothing to complain about?
Old 29 Dec 2011, 06:38 (Ref:3005048)   #60
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Mine turned up yesterday too. Grade correct, card and PRC fit perfectly in the wallet. Should I phone the MSA tomorrow to complain that I have nothing to complain about?
Lol, I think you should!

To pick up previous posts re wallet type, plastic licences have been issued to drivers for a number of years and the MSA have used a couple of different wallet designs which included card sections and some of these designs were probably sent to marshals. I'm pretty sure that I've got one, if I can summon the energy I'll be outraged about it later.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 06:43 (Ref:3005050)   #61
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYankee01 View Post
i suppose the credit crunch made the msa buy cheaper single pocket wallets and now theyve reinstated the classic design!

by older gen i mean the ones issued within the last year or so.

i can't understand why they had a pocket for the card then didnt then they have again. i didnt know they used to have that. bit before when i started.
You do post rubbish.

If it's bothering you why don't you ring the MSA and ask about their wallet buying protocol? Make sure you update us won't you, I'm sure most of us can't wait...
Old 29 Dec 2011, 08:45 (Ref:3005070)   #62
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
You do post rubbish.

If it's bothering you why don't you ring the MSA and ask about their wallet buying protocol? Make sure you update us won't you, I'm sure most of us can't wait...
Some of us will never know - I found the Ignore List function quite a while ago.

and to clarify, the mistake on the licence may well be my own making, having submitted an upgrade to Experienced after I had sent back the 2012 Registration Form.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 10:31 (Ref:3005087)   #63
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well I have received two licences, each with a very nice wallet which everything seems to fit into perfectly.

Ignore list...now there's a thought
Old 29 Dec 2011, 10:39 (Ref:3005091)   #64
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post

Ignore list...now there's a thought
Now Stephen you know that in return for the large moderator's salary and a part share in the Marshals Forum thong, you have to read all of the posts or you'll lose use of the thong...
Old 29 Dec 2011, 10:41 (Ref:3005092)   #65
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Arghhh I had forgotten about the loss of income...
Old 29 Dec 2011, 10:53 (Ref:3005098)   #66
Sticker Rub
Racer

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Sticker Rub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
Some of us will never know - I found the Ignore List function quite a while ago.
A pork pie to that man for services to the forum
Old 29 Dec 2011, 11:47 (Ref:3005116)   #67
LandieLad
Racer

Japan
Tokyo
LandieLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not a great fan of the MSA. However I must congratulate them on doing a great, and what must have been a quite time consuming and difficult, job on the new the Marshals Registration Cards. May I offer my heartfelt thanks to them.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 18:05 (Ref:3005220)   #68
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
Now Stephen you know that in return a part share in the Marshals Forum thong, .
Stephen Green sharing a thong with Piglet,

There is a thought i didnt want
Old 29 Dec 2011, 18:13 (Ref:3005227)   #69
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthews Dad View Post
Stephen Green sharing a thong with Piglet,

There is a thought i didnt want
It's not nice is it?
Old 29 Dec 2011, 18:24 (Ref:3005235)   #70
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Skooz me
Old 29 Dec 2011, 20:56 (Ref:3005305)   #71
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post
Skooz me
Sorry, is it your turn, I'll send it to you, you might want to give it a bit of an airing....

(I think we'd better stop now or EP is going to wave the stick at us!)
Old 29 Dec 2011, 22:47 (Ref:3005340)   #72
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually, don't forget there's three of us and it's my turn next. I promise not to wave a stick while wearing it.

Hmm, not quite sure that came out right!
Old 29 Dec 2011, 23:02 (Ref:3005348)   #73
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New Yankee for Mod........these three have lost the plot!
Old 29 Dec 2011, 23:03 (Ref:3005350)   #74
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
That is very close to treason
Old 29 Dec 2011, 23:09 (Ref:3005351)   #75
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ha ha have me sent to the Tower!