Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Oct 2010, 01:50 (Ref:2772263)   #26
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Need more tea, damn my dislike of coffee. Going for a two stop strategy, looks like it's going to be tough after the first stint!
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:03 (Ref:2772268)   #27
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I'm going back to sleep. See you in a little under four hours...
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:27 (Ref:2772281)   #28
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
See you Super Hans.

Was considering that but am now tempted to drive Suzuka on my PS2.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:56 (Ref:2772293)   #29
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrevhead View Post
Im going to enjoy one of the rare times I get to watch a race during the day
I actually prefer the European races that start at 9-10pm, it doesn't interrupt the weekend. This race is a bit different due to Bathurst. Hopefully there aren't too many safety car periods etc, or we will have a 5:15pm finish which may be after the GP starts? No pre-race coverage thanks to the Commonwealth Games telecast too...

E.B. - They ran qually 12-1300 - I just caught the last few min of Q3.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 02:58 (Ref:2772295)   #30
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am watching Bathurst and think I can make it to the F1 race. I assume they have the one hour before the race still on the BBC broadcast(filled with interviews and track guides)? If so I might skip that for some sleep and then get up at 7 AM to watch the race.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 03:25 (Ref:2772299)   #31
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I assume they have the one hour before the race still on the BBC broadcast(filled with interviews and track guides)?
Yep.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 09:13 (Ref:2772466)   #32
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
I am watching Bathurst and think I can make it to the F1 race. I assume they have the one hour before the race still on the BBC broadcast(filled with interviews and track guides)? If so I might skip that for some sleep and then get up at 7 AM to watch the race.
What channel was/is Bathurst on?
Edited: Found it, Motors this afternoon.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 10 Oct 2010 at 09:18.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2772469)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't do the all night thing any more. I remember I used to be rather nervous and pumped up for races ten years ago. I'd stay up through the night for Melbourne ffs.

I did manage to awaken for the race though. Sadly, I am now commuting to Didcot for a ten hour shift and feel like crap.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 09:18 (Ref:2772470)   #34
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I ended up staying up for Quali, and getting about 2 hours sleep before the race. Nice way to spend part of the weekend
Old 10 Oct 2010, 09:36 (Ref:2772486)   #35
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've had the best sleep I ever had last night.

Race? What race?
Old 10 Oct 2010, 10:49 (Ref:2772517)   #36
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I did manage to awaken for the race though. Sadly, I am now commuting to Didcot for a ten hour shift and feel like crap.
Commuting to Didcot would make me feel like crap too!
Old 10 Oct 2010, 12:34 (Ref:2772579)   #37
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I've been up for 20 hours now. This weekend I've taken in live:
*F1 FP3, the first attempt at Quali, Quali and the Race.
*Most of the Bathurst 1000kms.
*BTCC and supports.

I've also been fitting in recorded MotoGP and supports, quali and the races.

No sleep for the wicked on a busy motorsport weekend!
Old 10 Oct 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2772584)   #38
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I just beat my best lap time on Moto GP after 1 hour's sleep. I thought the memory card must have fallen out when I'd been told I'd set a new lap record.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 13:04 (Ref:2772588)   #39
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Memory card?

I just had to check the date of your post, thought it was 7 years old or summat.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2772593)   #40
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

No, but the console is.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2773769)   #41
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
After my marathon session involving Bathurst, Suzuka qualifying, more Bathurst, Suzuka race, MotoGP on Eurosport (there is no alternative) and then BSB on Eurosport it's taken about two days for the body clock to recover!

I didn't watch any TOCA, because after Bathurst why would anyone want to?

All I know is that there will not be another marathon session for Korea. Sky+ will be my friend, assuming the meeting runs to schedule, which I'm not convinced it will.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 09:48 (Ref:2774264)   #42
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Doesnt Korea clash with the next enduro V8SC round from the Gold Coast? No Moto GP that weekend though.