Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Jun 2013, 13:13 (Ref:3260911)   #1
wkk
Rookie

Germany
Cologne
wkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Club Arnage Guide to the 24h of Le Mans 2013 is available for download now!

Hi there

the 8th edition of "Le Mans (not just) for Dummies - The Club Arnage Guide to the 24h of Le Mans" is available for download now at http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/ . (132 pages, 10.862 KB filesize).
More than 50 people have been involved in the production of the 2013 edition and make this publication a very good example for the efficiency of community work done by people working together in the same spirit.

As usual the guide is non-profit, ad-free and free to download, but a donation to the Club Arnage Charity fund would be highly appreciated, details are available on the download page. We have tried to be as accurate and up-to-date as possible. However, if you find that something is not accurate, things have changed, places or services mentioned aren’t there any more or if you saw or experienced something in Le Mans which should be in this guide but it isn’t, please help us to improve the next edition by mailing your feedback and information to president(at)lemanszone.de

I wish all of you a good journey and exciting 24 hours of Le Mans 2013!

Werner Kirchmann
Editor
Old 11 Jun 2013, 13:26 (Ref:3260920)   #2
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Thx Werner!

Downloaded and a contribution to the CA fund done. (as people tend to forget, I'm under the impression....)

Last edited by vincegail; 11 Jun 2013 at 13:34.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3260922)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
thank you for letting us know, will download it when I get time
Old 11 Jun 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3261053)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would recommend this unreservedly to anyone who is going or following the event at home - particularly first-timers, for whom it is absolutely essential. (As is the contribution, of course!).
Old 11 Jun 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3261057)   #5
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Definitely going to be getting this next week. Should be perfect reading and study material on the plane and on the TGV to Le Mans.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 21:24 (Ref:3261143)   #6
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Just downloaded (and donated) and in the introduction there's a point that really leaps out - last year they had over 2,000 downloads and only 16 people donated the grand total of £142.

I know times are hard but if you download think about paying for it - it's a lovely "pay what you think it's worth" model, much like the good old days of shareware - so not something that's going to break the bank for any of us.

That said I will be tempted to pay extra next year if they can lose the "This man likes cock" t-shirt picture (on page 66 this year, as I think it has been every year since 2007)...
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3261465)   #7
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
A lot of copy/paste from previous years, and little checking of the facts.

Two years ago I got a lot of grief when I commented that the Corvettes didn't use 7 litre engines anymore and this year I expect the same by pointing out that the ceremony of hands is not friday morning, but monday evening.
Is it that hard to get information that has been on the ACO website for weeks correct?

(And no, I won't be making the guide myself...)
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:24 (Ref:3261479)   #8
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it will fit with the Michelin tower which is new near the track
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3261506)   #9
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Just downloaded (and donated) and in the introduction there's a point that really leaps out - last year they had over 2,000 downloads and only 16 people donated the grand total of £142.
That's dreadful. I've just checked my PayPal A/C. - I gave 20 pounds last year and will again this year.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3261510)   #10
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
A lot of copy/paste from previous years, and little checking of the facts.

Two years ago I got a lot of grief when I commented that the Corvettes didn't use 7 litre engines anymore and this year I expect the same by pointing out that the ceremony of hands is not friday morning, but monday evening.
Is it that hard to get information that has been on the ACO website for weeks correct?

(And no, I won't be making the guide myself...)
Perhaps you could offer to proofread it
Werner does a massive amount of the work himself. He's always looking for help.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:11 (Ref:3261516)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Well I'm absolutely disgusted. Whether it substantially cut and pasted or not, I know Werner and the guys work hard to keep it updated. I really hope that everyone who downloads it who is a contributor here makes at least a modest contribution - they don't produce this for profit, after all!!
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3261533)   #12
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Well, I didn't give 20 pounds, but when every person who downloaded it last year gave the same amount I just have done, they would have reached 10.000 which is a far more reasonable number imho!
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3261534)   #13
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Perhaps you could offer to proofread it
Werner does a massive amount of the work himself. He's always looking for help.
I think I promised to do so two years ago. Should have done it, yes. Next year I will!
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3261549)   #14
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not sure about whether I can print this or not due to lack of paper in the house and a busy LM-prep schedule, but I will certainly be making the time to donate because that was a pathetic total last year.

It's not a great deal that they're asking for.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3261593)   #15
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This was like the bible ahead of my first trip. Not felt the need to download it since but massive respect to the people who put it together.
Old 15 Jun 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3262970)   #16
wkk
Rookie

Germany
Cologne
wkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

I'm fully aware that the guide has a lot of shortcomings and mistakes - but it all is related to the fact that I and all the others do this as a side-job - and the job I make my living with is usually around 50-60 hours per week. Without all the help it would never be available - but as you see we can still need more help.

We have put the guide on a wiki which everyone can edit who has a CA login - easy to get and to use. So if you know that the ceremony of hands is described with the wrong day or identify something else - just go to the wiki and change it, please.

Hope we can do better next year - let's try!
Old 15 Jun 2013, 11:00 (Ref:3262979)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You do a brilliant job each year and all on here and other forum's are very grateful
Old 15 Jun 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3262998)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hear, hear!!
Old 15 Jun 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3263010)   #19
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I too am gratefull, although my comment seems to suggest otherwise.
As said before, I'll do some reading and (when necessary) some wiki updating next year!
Old 16 Jun 2013, 05:39 (Ref:3263290)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, we all think we're experts (actually, I don't really ), so we ought to lend a hand!