Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 1 Sep 2013, 22:28 (Ref:3297539)   #1451
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
First, if they ignored the rule as written for his incident then why bother to have the rule book? Just let them rule by common sense, and just wait for the ****ing and moaning to begin.

Second, I believe the management issues you think need to be addressed were addressed exactly as BUSINESSES would. The situation had not come up before, when it did their hands were tied at that moment. But because they saw it was a problem they didn't throw up their hands and shrug, they sat down and adjusted the rules not by passion and anger but with thought and review. Sorry but the minute the race control guys start ruling with intent instead of what actually happened, they are DONE and the teams would never respect the rulings. Appeals would happen every lap and nothing would get done.
I understand your points and don't entirely disagree with them, but there is a right way and a wrong way to go about dealing with rules, rule interpretation and rule implementation.
I have officiated at over 300 race meetings in the last ten years in an officiating capacity so I'm not entirely ignorant of how it should be done.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 10:35 (Ref:3297729)   #1452
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
How many races does Andretti promote?
St Pete(?)
Milwaukee
Baltimore

I'm sure there's more.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 19:21 (Ref:3297985)   #1453
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
St Pete(?)
Milwaukee
Baltimore

I'm sure there's more.
St. Pete is Green Savoree, like Toronto and Mid-O. Not Andretti.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 19:26 (Ref:3297987)   #1454
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe mentioned already, but on the Baltimore broadcast they mentioned that Servia's in the Panther car for the rest of the season.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 14:30 (Ref:3298348)   #1455
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hawksworth gets Rahal Letterman Lanigan test.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109631
Old 3 Sep 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3298363)   #1456
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marshall Pruett's Q&A with Mark Miles.

http://www.racer.com/qa-with-hulman-...rticle/309752/
Old 5 Sep 2013, 01:05 (Ref:3299171)   #1457
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More w/Miles.

http://www.ibj.com/the-score-2013-09...AMS/post/43332
Old 5 Sep 2013, 05:08 (Ref:3299212)   #1458
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big talker. I quit reading, did he use the word "paradigm" in he course of his prognostications?
Old 5 Sep 2013, 16:21 (Ref:3299532)   #1459
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
More on the IMS road coarse race.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109654
Old 5 Sep 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3299534)   #1460
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Graham Rahal's take on the IMS road coarse.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109644
Old 6 Sep 2013, 15:29 (Ref:3299908)   #1461
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Tony Kanaan is the 2013 Indianapolis 500 winner, past champion and a fan favorite on the IZOD IndyCar circuit. He's searching for sponsorship to try and stay with the series he's been with for a decade and loves. But what if another team from another discipline offered him a paying ride where all he had to bring was his helmet, talent and personality? RACER has learned that Joe Gibbs Racing has made the popular Brazilian an offer to run Nationwide in 2014, with a chance to move to Sprint Cup for one of NASCAR's best operations.
Kanaan was reportedly on his way to Brazil and couldn't be reached for comment and J.D. Gibbs didn't return a phone call, but a source close to the Gibbs' team revealed that T.K. had spent most of Tuesday at the Gibbs' shop in Charlotte.
Kanaan has talked with Chip Ganassi about his fourth seat, Michael Andretti if free agent James Hinchcliffe departs, Bryan Herta's second car and continues to be a candidate to stay at KV Racing, where he's been the past three seasons. But, in a story on RACER.com three weeks ago, Kanaan was understandably miffed that every team he's talked to about a job needs him to bring money.
"At this point in my life, if you still have to prove yourself you make have to re-think what you are doing," he said on Aug. 20. "I love open-wheel but maybe I need to look at NASCAR as an option."
The last time the Indy 500 winner didn't return to defend his title was Dario Franchitti in 2008, because he was running NASCAR.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3299931)   #1462
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The whole notion of the Indy road course idea strikes me as self-serving, and has no benefit for the popularity of the series.

It dawned on me, and granted it may be of no real concern, but rubbering up one corner of the speedway while the rest of it is green might make for some undesirable conditions later in the month.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3300525)   #1463
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
The whole notion of the Indy road course idea strikes me as self-serving, and has no benefit for the popularity of the series.

It dawned on me, and granted it may be of no real concern, but rubbering up one corner of the speedway while the rest of it is green might make for some undesirable conditions later in the month.

Hooray. Somebody gets it!!! Well said.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3301195)   #1464
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:

I think it's just a cop out to hold a race on the road coarse, when there are so many better tracks and I wonder how much holding this race before Indy will impinge on ticket sales for the 500? Self defeating might be more appropriate than self serving.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 01:44 (Ref:3301291)   #1465
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
More track time for USCR! That alone would make me want to go!
Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:44 (Ref:3302067)   #1466
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
So, Firestone are testing grippier tyres at IMS to try and get the speed record....

JUST TURN UP THE BLOODY BOOOST!
Old 11 Sep 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3302097)   #1467
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
So, Firestone are testing grippier tyres at IMS to try and get the speed record....

JUST TURN UP THE BLOODY BOOOST!
That would be one way to do it.

They hope to achieve this by 2016, the race's 100th anniversary year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109811
Old 13 Sep 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3303604)   #1468
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Baltimore Grand Prix cancelled.

Go to Baltimore newspaper Facebook pages and you'll see the locals are very happy, and I don't blame them.

What a waste of an event, hopefully Houston and St Pete are next.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 08:02 (Ref:3303730)   #1469
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Ahh i'm gutted about that. I've enjoyed the two races i've seen!

Selby
Old 14 Sep 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3303823)   #1470
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's sad to see the Baltimore GP end after only 3 editions. This racetrack has provided very good racing action. I even liked the chicane.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3303835)   #1471
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Robin Miller also reported that Derrick Walker is trying to get the apron reinstalled in Turn 1.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 00:01 (Ref:3304044)   #1472
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Montoya Turns Down Andretti...

Staying in NASCAR then?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Sep 2013, 01:03 (Ref:3304052)   #1473
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUAN, COMEBACK TO WHERE YOU BELONG!!! Not Nascar, not F1 but Indycar, show that you are the best driver since Ayrton Senna and get back to OW!
Old 15 Sep 2013, 01:25 (Ref:3304057)   #1474
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Furniture Row would be a good decision from his pov. There he has an opportunity to test himself as to whether it was the equipment or his own inability to settle with a stock car that is the issue. I don't know if he's a dead cert for that seat if Burton is in the picture though.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 07:52 (Ref:3304127)   #1475
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe the funds Mr Andretti has already assembled can be used for Mr Hinchcliffe's retention should GoDaddy disappear...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods