Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jan 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3699700)   #26
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
As I said in another thread, Manor are the only two seats up for grabs
Old 2 Jan 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3699705)   #27
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not sure how much stock i put into the rumours about RD buying the team but the speculation remains that the team is looking for a new owner/ship group.

if that is whats happening, then once that purchase is done, i suspect they will then turn their attention towards drivers...so might be a while before we get a finalized line up.
Old 2 Jan 2017, 18:11 (Ref:3699721)   #28
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
not sure how much stock i put into the rumours about RD buying the team but the speculation remains that the team is looking for a new owner/ship group.

if that is whats happening, then once that purchase is done, i suspect they will then turn their attention towards drivers...so might be a while before we get a finalized line up.
RD slumming it at the back with the peasants. Not very likely.....
Old 6 Jan 2017, 10:05 (Ref:3700490)   #29
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's being reported on media that Manor are possibly facing administration again, as talks with buyers/investors have broken down.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ma...bt-863375/?s=1
Old 6 Jan 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3700510)   #30
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is what the BBC are reporting - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38530855
Old 6 Jan 2017, 12:49 (Ref:3700537)   #31
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Gutted. More here, and it does not sound good:-

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...led-manor-fate

Missing out on 10th place seems to have been a major factor.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 14:14 (Ref:3700564)   #32
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
haas have a crap ton more money available too. you can design the best upgrade package in the world but if the money isn't there to implement it...
How much exactly is a Crap ton?
Old 6 Jan 2017, 14:56 (Ref:3700577)   #33
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I'm not totally sure but there is a conversion factor that I've heard of...
Old 6 Jan 2017, 15:00 (Ref:3700579)   #34
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Well it could be an imperial ton of the contents of a sewer.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3700590)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
being cynical (or could be optimistic depending on your point of view), but has the administration process (organizing and consolidating debt and/or renegotiating terms of that debt) become part of the normal process for selling an F1 team?

rather is this just a first step in order to make the team/company more desirable for a new buyer?

i feel like we have seen this pattern play out a few times in recent years.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 15:57 (Ref:3700605)   #36
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Normal UK Company Law really Chilli but there are those on here more qualified to explain!

I wonder about those who were left with large debts last time round, may say "here we are again" ( could set that to music!!!)
Old 6 Jan 2017, 16:11 (Ref:3700609)   #37
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
I wonder about those who were left with large debts last time round, may say "here we are again" ( could set that to music!!!)
well they do seem to have their 'dance moves' down so its only fitting that they have music for it to.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 19:57 (Ref:3700661)   #38
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is depressing, if predictable. They've had a really good season. I hope that they make it but doubt that they will.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 20:37 (Ref:3700670)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Will the grid numbers already minimal, losing the underdog Manor would be a great blow. Two less chances for drivers hoping to stay/enter F1. Bernie once again doing diddly squat about it.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 07:12 (Ref:3700750)   #40
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Will the grid numbers already minimal, losing the underdog Manor would be a great blow. Two less chances for drivers hoping to stay/enter F1. Bernie once again doing diddly squat about it.
Didn't BE say last time around that his preference was for 3 car teams rather than back of the grid outfits?
Old 7 Jan 2017, 10:45 (Ref:3700771)   #41
S griffin
Veteran

Sounds like Bernie, the problem is when you have a dominant car. Bernie would rather have the ones who pay him, than the back of the grid strugglers who do things there way against the odds
Old 7 Jan 2017, 16:45 (Ref:3700810)   #42
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Depressing.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 20:33 (Ref:3700847)   #43
LavidaLoca
Racer

LavidaLoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tbh the fact that Totto Wolf pulled the plug out from Manor (with Ocon at Force India and Wehrlein at Sauber with Ferrari Engine) was a very bad sign already ... it is not finished yet for Manor but feeling sorry for all the peoples employed there
Old 7 Jan 2017, 21:09 (Ref:3700856)   #44
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I will boycott F1 if Manor expires.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 21:29 (Ref:3700863)   #45
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
I will boycott F1 if Manor expires.
Can we save this post to remind him when Manor doesn't show up to Australia that he's boycotting?
Old 12 Jan 2017, 23:03 (Ref:3702209)   #46
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Can we save this post to remind him when Manor doesn't show up to Australia that he's boycotting?
Probably I won't do so. But I still grumble.

BTW, is a possibility do to a crowfunding campaign to save Manor. I don't know how to start one, and unfortunately I'm in an economic mess, even don't have any bank account at my name.
Old 13 Jan 2017, 10:12 (Ref:3702296)   #47
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Manor F1 staff retained until the end of January.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38603355

A little bit of good news for staff. Will there be better news in the next weeks?
Old 13 Jan 2017, 13:04 (Ref:3702323)   #48
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
This all sounds so familiar. The only thing missing is the news that any prospective new buyers will use the 2002 Arrows / Super Aguri chassis!
Old 13 Jan 2017, 13:45 (Ref:3702338)   #49
S griffin
Veteran

I just hope there's someone somewhere with not just the dosh to take over, but also knows how to build an F1 team
Old 13 Jan 2017, 15:02 (Ref:3702357)   #50
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Manor F1 staff retained until the end of January.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38603355

A little bit of good news for staff. Will there be better news in the next weeks?
Welcome to the forum F1Guy!

Regarding the article, it seems they are in dire straits. In administration plus working on converting the 2016 car to 2017 specs vs. a purpose built 2017 car. The article mentions the potential for a purpose build 2017 car, but I find that highly unlikely at this point?

Richard