Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jan 2017, 07:53 (Ref:3701187)   #51
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes and they've been selling eggs and flour for months but pancake day is ages yet!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 9 Jan 2017, 21:36 (Ref:3701381)   #52
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
In the cafe at local hospital . £1,55 for a plain Quassont. WTF. Good job I'm on the Mike Bell Diet.

Just to upset you, Iain - Pack of 10 croissants at Auchan for 2 euros this week. What's more, half of them are pains au chocolat.

Want some sent over??
Old 9 Jan 2017, 22:45 (Ref:3701398)   #53
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Just to upset you, Iain - Pack of 10 croissants at Auchan for 2 euros this week. What's more, half of them are pains au chocolat.

Want some sent over??
Grrrrrrrr . You can go off people . Didn't even spell Quassont right
Old 9 Jan 2017, 22:47 (Ref:3701399)   #54
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
What's the latest on the weather . Are we getting snow soon .
Old 10 Jan 2017, 01:09 (Ref:3701434)   #55
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I half heard a TV forecast earlier.

I think the answer was yes, no or maybe and it might all depend on where you are on which day.

Perhaps.

Too early to be sure, apparently.

Unless you live somewhere where they are sure, or fairly sure.

I think Scotland was mentioned in that context.

Does any of that help?
Old 10 Jan 2017, 06:34 (Ref:3701517)   #56
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
So.... why have you suddenly changed the old spelling 'Quasson' to 'Quassont'?

And John- There's a lot of difference between buying one pastry in a hospital coffee shop / café and a pack of 10 in a supermarket..... Morrisons (other s/markets are available) sell excellent baked in store (proper butter) croissants for (from memory) 25p each. Being a skinflint I buy one in there and take it into a well known coffee shop to eat with my drink.

Weather- Thursday the wind is going round to North / NW and will bring possible snow to Scotland. BUT at same time there is wet stuff approaching the south coast from Atlantic, and this could turn to snow when it hits the cold air. It's nothing to do with what East Europe etc. have had....
Old 10 Jan 2017, 07:45 (Ref:3701522)   #57
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I can send you some Iain,ploughs just gone past.
And the krosants are very good here as well.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 08:10 (Ref:3701526)   #58
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
I can send you some Iain,ploughs just gone past.
And the krosants are very good here as well.
Cross ants can be right nuisance .... for your information.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 08:19 (Ref:3701528)   #59
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Here I like to think of them as Croix-sants in deference to the local circuit!
Old 10 Jan 2017, 09:35 (Ref:3701543)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Here I like to think of them as Croix-sants in deference to the local circuit!
I wonder how many different ways it could be spelled without people not knowing what it was.....

And no, don't anyone start.....
Old 10 Jan 2017, 09:46 (Ref:3701548)   #61
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kwossants is the correct spelling in the South of England I believe.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3701553)   #62
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I wonder how many different ways it could be spelled without people not knowing what it was.....

And no, don't anyone start.....
Bet Bob's already started scribbling...

I like your Snetterton avatar, Mike.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3701565)   #63
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
like your Snetterton avatar, Mike.
Thanks, so do I. It was one of my Dad's badges. I've also got a 1951 Sporting Car Club of Norfolk one and an 'RAC Motorsport Member' one that will feature as avatars as well.

When I've cleaned them up as much as possible am going to make a badge bar for the Morgan for when it's on road rather than race duty.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3701569)   #64
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thanks, so do I. It was one of my Dad's badges. I've also got a 1951 Sporting Car Club of Norfolk one and an 'RAC Motorsport Member' one that will feature as avatars as well.

When I've cleaned them up as much as possible am going to make a badge bar for the Morgan for when it's on road rather than race duty.
Your Snett connections must go back as far as mine. I was born in Thetford, where my late father was involved with the St John Ambulance Brigade & when activities started at Snetterton he got the job of organising First Aid cover. He conveniently did that right up until 1971, by which time I could drive myself there.

According to my mother I first went at the age of two (1954) but my memories of the occasion are a little hazy...
Old 10 Jan 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3701573)   #65
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anybody (Terrence?) got recommendations for guest houses /small hotels near Nurburgring?
Old 10 Jan 2017, 16:34 (Ref:3701621)   #66
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Is Terry putting us all up for the Marathon . Cheers Tel.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3701635)   #67
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Has anybody (Terrence?) got recommendations for guest houses /small hotels near Nurburgring?
As a matter of fact,there is a small Hotel here in the village.Hotel Sonneck,very friendly people decent charges and only ten mins from circuit.Im told that the food is always very good and plentyful.
Its in Rothenbach.I could always ask if theres a discount for a block booking?
Nice thing is its not very well known by many race crews/drivers-those who do know keep it to themselves.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3701636)   #68
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Is Terry putting us all up for the Marathon . Cheers Tel.
Barns full Iain,sorry.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 18:51 (Ref:3701644)   #69
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
As a matter of fact,there is a small Hotel here in the village.Hotel Sonneck,very friendly people decent charges and only ten mins from circuit.Im told that the food is always very good and plentyful.
Its in Rothenbach.I could always ask if theres a discount for a block booking?
Nice thing is its not very well known by many race crews/drivers-those who do know keep it to themselves.
If you put Rothenbach into Google maps it's over an hour away.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3701645)   #70
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I had a car like that once Tim.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 19:00 (Ref:3701647)   #71
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I had a car like that once Tim.
You still have, It's called a Vauxhall
Old 10 Jan 2017, 19:03 (Ref:3701649)   #72
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
You still have, It's called a Vauxhall
Touche! As Gerard would say.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 22:15 (Ref:3701677)   #73
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
http://www.hotel-wilhelmshoehe.de/nuerburgring-en.html

about 20 minutes away, not especially cheap but by golly do they look after you well. Took a small party over there for my 60th a few years ago.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 22:19 (Ref:3701678)   #74
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Your never 60
Old 10 Jan 2017, 23:02 (Ref:3701691)   #75
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
There is more than one Rothenbach; put in the hotel, Ferienwohnung Sonneck, in Google Maps and it is about 10 minutes or so from the circuit.
Closed Thread