Art and photography 60 42.86%
Genuine race memorabilia 49 35.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Jul 2006, 09:45 (Ref:1667033)   #26
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was born in 1990, so I'm still young, with hopes and dreams...

I've grown up with a mother that was an ex communications officer at race meetings, and a father who was a fire marshal at almost any opportunity he could get. I loved the sounds and the smells from the races since I started chanting for Larry Perkins in 1992.

Every year our family used to pile into the car and head up to Bathurst every year for the 1000km race up there. Man I used to love going up there and exploring around, getting lost (several times) and watching the race from inside the caravan and outside, usually on Pit Striaght or Murray's Corner. And I always used to love cheering the drivers at the end of the race when they drove past us on their way back to podium.

Apart from that, I used to make regular visits to Oran Park, Eastern Creek, and Amaroo Park before it was closed.

It's only in recent years that my eyes have opened to all the motorsports of the world. I spend most of my time embursed in some racing site, or playing racing games, or watching racing. My favourite teams or drivers in world motorsport would be Mark Webber in F1, McLaren in F1, Casey Stoner and Valentino Rossi in MotoGP, the Australian A1GP Team, Paul Tracy in CARTs, Team Newman Haas in CARTs, Chris Atkinson and Subaru in WRC, Steven Richards and Perkins Motorsport in V8 Supercars.

Also recently I've started collecting model cars. I started about 2 years ago, and I have about 17 V8 Supercars. My main size is 1/43, though I have a few 1/18s and 1/64s. I have a lot of DVDs about various teams, and about 15 books from various years of the Bathurst 1000.

I always like to hear about the special events of Motorsport like Le Mans, Indy 500 and Spa 24h. On the topic of 24 hour races I recently completed a 24 hour race around the old Nurburgring at GT4 - without pausing or stopping or skipping any part. Thanks to my friend lol.

Nowadays I'm content to be a real armchair enthusiast. My age retricts me from going wherever I want whenever I want, so I usually manage to go to one V8 Supercar event every year. When I'm older I plan to go to every V8 round in Australia and New Zealand, travel to Belgium to watch the F1's at Spa, then to France to watch the Le Mans 24 hours, and to America for the Indy 500. Until then I enjoy the late nights watching Alonso and Schuey fighting for positions at various GPs. I always watch the V8s, manage to watch highlights of WRC on Channel 10, and usually watch the MotoGP. Needless to say even if I don't watch it I look up the results as soon as I can.

I have a few rare pieces of memorabilia. I have a mirror of the Ingall/Murphy car in the 1997 Super Tourer Bathurst 1000 (my dad [inched it when they crashed), a signed Perkins poster, and a series of 8 signed photographs of Peter Brock (well they're my mums but I'll get them one day!).

Um, I think that pretty much covers it for me. Be sure to look out for me if you watch the telecast of the V8 Supercars in future years, I'm gonna be commentating them.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 23 Aug 2006, 20:16 (Ref:1689959)   #27
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
This is really interesting stuff, folks, keep it coming. It's given me a really good idea of the interests of our visitors.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1740073)   #28
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Im Chris and I'm 22 years old.

I first got into motor racing when I watched an F1 race on tv in 1991. From then on I supported Nigel Mansell and went to Silverstone in 1992 and 1993.

As I got older I became less interested but still went to the odd British GP. I also am a big music fan so I became predominantly occupied with this up until 2003 when I watched another F1 race(think it was austria) and became hooked even more than I had before.

Mainly I follow F1 but I like Gt racing, touring car racing and World Rally also. I watch shows such as top gear, buy car magazines such as evo. I used to buy F1 racing but usually buy autosport or Motorsport news.

I have a lot of books such as 'the mechanics tale', 'villeneuve', 'the life of senna', 'history of Porshe', 'Cavlliano Rampante' '50 years of Grand Prix'. I have DVDs such as the Senna one, F1 onboard and The discovery channel F1 dvd.

Events I have been to include WTCC, Formula Ford festival and HRSCC at Brands Hatch, Truck racing at Pembrey( mainly went for the welsh sports and saloon championship) and the Goodwood festival of speed .

For the future I may be interested in doing some marshalling and some trackdays.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 15:34 (Ref:1743244)   #29
DevilGirl
Rookie

Australia
London
DevilGirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I'm Wendy and I'm 24. I'm from Melbourne, Aust. but am living in old blighty for the next year or so...have been here with my fiance since March.

Like a lot of others here, motorsport was in-born. Dad has only missed 2 Bathursts (and that was because he was out of the country) in its existence, so that race comprises the vast majority of my early motorsport memories. He is (was) a huge Brocky fan, and my mum thought he was one of the best looking bloke going around, so she is partly to blame too! My earliest racing memory was at Sandown when I was very very young, plonked on the bench seats and told to watch! After a while me & my older brother got bored so we collected all the beer cans around and made some money for the day

Despite the Holden influence from the olds, I have blue blood, much to dad's bitter disappointment. And you can blame Marcos Ambrose for that . Since Marcos came onto the scene, I have followed V8's much more closely, and even been to 2 Bathursts (wasn't allowed to prior to that - it was a boys only trip in our family).

My main love is V8s, but have now started following the Trucks in the US, only on the net though, can't get footage anywhere. Will be getting Foxtel when we get home next year to watch the Busch series though!! Luckily for my fiance, he is also a Ford supporter (he didn't have a choice actually ) so we watch the races together on telly, and I'm even letting him come to Bathurst next year with me

Other than that, I spend far to much on here, getting my fix, especially of late with Brocky's passing and Bathurst, it has all made me terribly homesick.

I (sort of) collect model cars. I have the 1:18 models of the 2003, 2004 & 2005 Pirtek cars. and I have just placed an order for the 2006 Jeld-Wen car, and the #1 Caltex machine. They are being delivered to mum & dad, so I won't see them for another year or so .
I'm also into photography, I have photos of Rusty's championship burnout's from Phillip Island last year that are better than the ones in the mags!! Needless to say, they were blown up, put in a box frame with a 1:43 scale Caltex car and given to the other half for Christmas!

So thats about it for me... can't wait to get back to Oz and get some live V8 action and buy my very own XR8! Oh yeah, and see my family
Old 20 Oct 2006, 21:21 (Ref:1743581)   #30
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recently I have got into V8s, the first ever V8 Supercar Race I whatched was the 2002 Winton round (Cheers Channel 5!) and started following it, I lost track around 2004, but this year I'm Back! I am a Holden fan, and as V8_TURBO once said: 'who would win out of a fight, a lion, or a falcon?'. What a great way to put it! I have my own team (fantasy series) Denso/Mobil Motorsports, they are not very good. One of my drivers got taken out at turn 1 at bathurst theis year.... (Mark Skaife......DAMN YOU CLUTCH!) My Best model is my CC 2000 season Richards/Richards Falcon that I picked up for just £7, yes, £7! This year I stayed up all night to whatch Bathurst (ignoring the Japanese GP) and I thouroly enjoyed it! Dont have any particular favourite drivers at the mo, but Holden, oh yeah!
Old 5 Nov 2006, 17:29 (Ref:1758386)   #31
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
I am Eddy and i am an alcoholic....er wrong thread...

I am Eddy.
Mate, in the 3 years i've known you (if you can call it that via the internet) i never knew your name was Eddy!

Hi, i'm Andy, and i'm also an alcoholic - well, according to the bread knife who thinks 1 can of lager a day makes you an alcky

Reading through what you guy's collect makes me feel a whole lot better about myself i can tell you

I collect
  • 1:18 F1 diecast models, though i only have the JPM ones on display (looking to get rid of most of the others proberbly)

• 1:43 F1 diecasts, these unfortunately are all up in the loft along with most of the 1:18's. I had this idea of making a clock with some of them (the one's numbered 1-12 obviously) but have some of the numbers missing.

• Prints, some of them signed by the likes of Eddie Irvine and Eddie Jordan

• Signed pictures from the likes of Irvine, Herbert, Damon Hill, Sato and Murray Walker

• F1 and motorsport related books

• Races, every race back to Spa 1998 (incidently, i decided to record this after the first lap accident in case there was another) and many others from before hand including end of season reviews, this years Moto GP end of season review showing on Eurosport tonight included.

• F1 trinkets, including 1:43 scale drivers, 1:10 helmets and mugs etc etc

• Every F1 racing magazine since November 1996 (the first one after Damon won his world title and various F1 programs from the British GP's i've been too.

Unfortunately, most of these things are in the loft, and to be honest, i don't know what to do with them now as they are out of harms way as we are now into collecting babies toys due to Mini V being on the scene, fortunately, his favourite things are cars (wonder where he gets that from ) so thats not too bad

I've been to every British GP since 1998 (the one where Schumacher won in the pitlane ) and will be going again next year if any of you fancy meeting up

Last edited by Mr V; 5 Nov 2006 at 17:31.
Old 7 Nov 2006, 21:47 (Ref:1760353)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No bloody world cup to get in the way next year either V.

I really must get some tickets ordered...
Old 9 Nov 2006, 18:18 (Ref:1761840)   #33
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Chunterer

I do chunter in real life too!!

Already getting down now the season is nearly over. Used to get into the footy but so fed up with that these doors.

I'm in my early 30's and first got into motor sport in 1979/80. Got taken to Thruxton a few times by my dad to see the British Saloons and that's where my massive interest in Capris started. Ironically i've never actually owned one but got close once!

Ardent follower of Group A touring car racing until it ended, didn't like super touring as much but appreciated its strengths.

F3 and F3000 were my other loves until 3000 went downhill at the start of this decade. GP2 is a truly worthy successor and has illustrated to me why I love pure motor racing.

Nowadays it's GP2, GT's that only really grab me, watch the F1 out of habit.

Touring cars is rubbish compared to what it was and motor racing isn't how it was when I got into it period. I doubt very much i'd get excited by motor racing if I were a young lad today!

Always favoured the spectacular hard charging drivers who show promise rather than simply those who win everything!

The likes of Gilles (had only just died when I watched in awe my first Brit GP on the box), Ayrton Senna, Alex Zanardi (what a hero!!), Johnny Herbert, JJ Lehto, the late Gonzalo Rodriguez, Greg Moore and latterly JPM and Felipe Massa plus many more in between and besides!

Got tonnes of mags all over the place, some interesting diecasts and the odd print.

I'm gradually building a nice book collection as well as picking off the F1 reviews on video/dvd one by one.

Last edited by chunterer; 9 Nov 2006 at 18:21.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 12:07 (Ref:1767655)   #34
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

You know this is one of those threads that I've been meaning to post on but have never got round to until today. Anyway I'm Nick and I'm getting on for 51 at the end of this year.

Motor racing for me started in the early 60's at the time of the 1500 cc F1 era although quite when I can't remember but I can remember going to the Racing car Shows at Olympia (I think) to see all the racing cars. I can vividly remember the "Return to Power" show in 1965 introducing the 3 litre F1 formula. I was a big Lotus fan and Jim Clark was my first sporting hero. To a certain extent when Lotus dropped out of Formula One so did I but, I also think F1 is not as good as it was. Old age perhaps!

I have always followed sports car racing (and just about anything else to be honest) and that is my main interest nowadays. I used to go to Le Mans every year but then I got married in 1987 and I've never been back since. Grounds for divorce?

I 've travelled all over UK and Europe to watch races whether they be F1, Sportscars, F2 (great series), F3, ETC and so on. I have to say that the European F2 and the Group C sports cars were my favourites. Great cars and great circuits.

Back in the 60's us brothers got an Airfix slot racing set for Christmas and amazingly I still have it! In the mid 70's I gave it up as much as anything because I served in the British Army for 22 years. In recent years I've got back into slot cars and now race at a club in Hampshire and enjoy it more than ever. I also have a large collection of white metal, resin or diecast 1/43 scale models of mostly sports cars but also F1. I have to admit that I haven't made up a kit for a couple of years having discovered Spark Models but I have a very nice "Queens" Mercedes W196 and "Tameo" Samson Shag Shadow waiting to be built.

I have several motor racing DVD's including "In Car 956" and Steve McQueen's "Le Mans" and I'm quite looking forward to "GrandPrix". Christmas Prezzie??

Well I'm 50 and I've been to the Monaco GP and Le Mans but I'm still desperate to get to the Indy 500 and would like to get to see Bathurst. Another 50 years to do it in. Better stop now.

Nick
Old 22 Nov 2006, 09:48 (Ref:1772099)   #35
SkullyCollins
Rookie

Wales
Cheshire, England
SkullyCollins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd have to say Books is my biggest Motorsport Collection, off the top of my head the list goes like this:
- Designs of Victory: On the Grand Prix Trail With Benetton, Derek Allsop (sp?) (1993)
- The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Formula One, Bruce Jones (1995)
- Race and Rally Car Source Book: The Guide to Building ot Modifying A Competition Car, Allan Staniforth (1997)
- Formula One 1999
- Murray Walker's Formula One Heroes (2001)
- The Unofficial Complete Encyclopedia Of Formula One. Mark Hughes (2002)
- The Lost Generation (2006), David Tremayne (Coming in Christmas)

Sorry if it's too short...like I said, this was made off the top of my head...
Old 22 Nov 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1772413)   #36
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For some reason I have yet to coment here though I seem to have voted in the poll.
Anyway I am 64 years old and retired. First discovered motor racing in 1953 when a school friend and his dad took me to Crystal Palace to see Stirling Moss win in a Cooper-Alta!
Unfortunately due to an eyesight problem I have never been able to drive myself,so am definitely an 'Armchair Enthusiast' .Though I used to go to lots of meetings(46 in one year-1972 I think) when I lived in London,and public transport or someone else to drive was available.
Have bought Autosport since 1955 though only last 20 years remain after 8 home moves in 50yrs.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1775828)   #37
torola
Rookie

Spain
Spain
torola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newbie and not an oldie...quite

Hi I'm Graham and very new on here, originally from the UK but now living in Spain.
At 50 i'm not retired yet and doing a little work out here.
I have been into motors since a young chap due to my fathers love of vehicles I suppose.
I have owned some rare beasts in my time including Healey 3000, John Savage 3 litre Cortina mk11, Jaguar mk2 340, Merc 190e 2.5 cosworth etc etc.
No racing skills just the love of the machine and all that.

I am fortunate that I now live just 10 minutes form the Ricardo Tormo Circuit in Valencia whic has got me into motorcycles especially gp.
Their are lots of events at the circuit including WTC, FI testing, and BMW cup and of course the last round of the Moto gp.

I can now list Jeremy McWillams as one of my friends as he always stays with us when testing or visiting the track..a great guy I might add, he has tons and tons of experience as most of you will know, and he knows more about bike and tyre set-up than most.
I hope he gets that Ilmor ride....its close at the moment!

Also had Leon Haslam (and girlriend Oli) stay with us last month, another true professional even at his young age, didn't quite win the BSB last year but i'm sure he'll make it in 2007.

As for FI then I have always been an Alonso fan before his wins, next season will be one of the most interesting yet I think and not just because MS has retired, there are lots of other reasons we should see a very interesting battle all the way through.

Thats about it, not very exciting but good to read about you other guys so thought I would add my two pence worth !
Old 28 Nov 2006, 17:26 (Ref:1776824)   #38
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Warm welcome, Graham. Great the you have joined us ...... youngster!
Old 29 Nov 2006, 20:47 (Ref:1778059)   #39
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting to know you!

I'm Leighton and officially an old f*rt of 68.
Saw 1st race at Edenvale Ont. in 1952.
Drove a stock car at 16 in a practice session (on dirt) until the officials caught me.
Started Marshalling in 61. Ended about 63.
First race was in 61 at Greenacres in a MGA. Last race run at that track.
Did some rallying over the years as both driver and co-driver. Cars: VW Beetle, Corvair, Austin A55, MGB. Only the Austin was mine.
Raced 3 different MGB's, none of them mine. That was nice.
Instructed at Racing Drivers School of Canada at Mosport.
Bought and raced an Elva Mk6 Climax 1100. Held class 1150cc lap record at Mosport.
1967 5th under 2 litre and 9th overall in Cdn. championship.
Sold Elva in 69 (deeply in debt) and worked with Gary Magwood. Also instructed at CASC driving schools.
In 67 I gophered for Cooper at Mosport. Ron Dennis was the Jr. mechanic on Dick Attwood's car. I had snuck in so didn't have a pass until Roy Salvadori gave me one the morning of the race. There was a prelim race for sports cars but by invitation only. I didn't get one and was p*ssed off.
Sun. morning I got asked to go get my car! NO! I also got very strange looks as they saw my F1 pass. I always got invited after that.
Late 69 started crewing for Bruce Jensen FB Brabham BT16
70 BT21, 71 & 2 Chevron B17, 73 March 722, 74 March 74B 75/6 Chevron B29. New JV when he was knee high to a grasshopper and of course knew Gilles. Lots of interesting stories but no space.
Left BJ mid 76.
During this period I also worked as a Tech. Inspector at pro races at Mosport if it was a free weekend.
76/7 Director Cdn. Racing Drivers Assoc. and Race Sec. for the pro races including USAC Indy cars, Can Am and F1.
At this time also helped to build the P&G Mk7 cars and crewed for Bob French. 3/4 litre cars with Suzuki GT750 motors.
78 also started to crew for Judy Ferchat in Honda Civics.
78 with Judy and went back to BJ for a while. Ralt RT1. I installed the 1st skirts on a Ralt in NA and at Quebec City race had a long discussion with Ron Tauranac over my design. We agreed to disagree and I think he was right.
79 Judy bought a Xpit 3/4 litre car with a Honda CB750.
Mid 80's switched to a Suzuki GS 750 on methanol. Second in championship in 86 and 1st woman to win a race overall at Mosport
87 switched to Yamaha FZ750. I designed the engine sub frame and it was the 1st 3/4 litre car that the engine could be pulled without splitting the chassis. We also designed our own fuel injection system with the help of Kinsler FI Co. Judy built all the engines. I do not do engines. My expertice was suspension and areodynamics. Became a fairly good fabricator too. Failed shop in High School!
88 Judy retired that was the end of my racing life.
89 we got married and started our own companies. Seperated in 2000 but are good friends and still business partners. Own Rift Valley Pond and Garden and Fishing Tackle.
Follow F1, Champ Car and to lesser extent IRL and ALMS. Keep an eye on NASCAR and a World of Outlaws fan.
Get out to the odd race but the summer is our busy time.
Read a lot, both historical fiction and about motor racing especially the mechanical side. Only Magazine I read now is Vintage Race Car but have several favourite web site.
Used to write professionally for pet magazines about tropical fish before we closed our tropical fish business down.
That is it from the shores of Georgian Bay.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 11:52 (Ref:1842063)   #40
Jon Lincoln
Rookie

Jon Lincoln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi I'm Jon, originally from Lincoln now living in South London.

I'm 31 and first got into motorsport during the 1987 season of F1 and have been following it ever since. Have gradually become a general motorsport fan as the years go on and F1 becomes more sanitised and less viewer friendly.

I've been a semi regular visitor to Silverstone, Brands hatch, Donington and Cadwell for many years and also had a trip to the Belgian Grand Prix in 1996. Spa - it's just like Cadwell Park but writ large! Glorious stuff.

I'm mainly a TV viewer these days but hope to get to Brands for the A1 GP and if I get a car then I'll be all over the place as many weekends that I can!

Highlights for the year for me are: Monaco GP, Le mans, Dakar Rally, BTTC, IRL, ALMS and NASCAR.

I am also perhaps the only person here who is equally obsessed with Dr Who and motorsport so I win the sad fan award hands down. Dr Who was my first obsession and I didn't think motorsport would ever get close but last year when Le Mans was on Motors TV I found myself missing Dr Who for the first time. I was torn but I was enjoying the live action so much...

I too read a fair bit about motorsport and have a dream of writing a book about it one day - if I get around to it I'll be getting in touch with you lot for some advice and research!

have fun,
Jon
Old 18 Feb 2007, 18:13 (Ref:1844494)   #41
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I'm Tim and I live in South London although I am originally from Bolton, but hey, that's not my fault.
I race a replica Jaguar D-type with the Sports racing and Gt Challenge and also the Thoroughbred sports car championship in the MGCC.
I got into racing late but used to watch my uncle race XKs, E-types and Elans in the sixties.
Old 19 Feb 2007, 21:36 (Ref:1845825)   #42
glyn parham
Racer

United Kingdom
Strood
glyn parham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Tim

I wondered what the connection was, so it was uncle Eric who I watched at Brands in the sixties, especially in the E type.

Glyn
Old 20 Feb 2007, 08:45 (Ref:1846163)   #43
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Yes that's him, he is out this year in his Fiesta and hopefuly an Etype latter this year.
Old 12 Mar 2007, 19:51 (Ref:1864983)   #44
Captain VXR
Racer

European Union
Bath
Captain VXR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, i'm Adam and I got into the BTCC between the ages of four and five. I used to love Matt Neal's Primeras but slowly I became a Vauxhall fan (both teams had red, my favourite colour). I am interested in any 2.0 litre touring car racing, drifting since 2005 and WRC since 2003 in which I support Subaru. I support BMW works teams Proteam and GR Asia in the WTCC while I also support any Vauxhall in the BTCC and AFM Racing in their diesel 1-Series
Old 12 Mar 2007, 20:23 (Ref:1865020)   #45
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hello, my name is stephen and im 17 years old.

i got into motorsport when i was a wee one at 4 when my dad took me to the british touring car championship at oulton park, from then on it was a love affair thats so far lasted for the best part of 13 years.

mainly i like the art and photography side of motorsport and if it takes my fancy i buy the odd model car, mainly 1:43 scale and mainly a GT or LMP car.

i live in old colwyn in north wales which is rife with drug problems god knows how since it is only a small coastal town, i however though am working hard in 6th form towards a good job which in turn will hopefully give me the money to go club racing, and hopefully that will one day lead to racing at the lemans 24 hours

i drive a electric blue peugeot 106 1.1 independance a.k.a kebab as its become known and the blue smudge, it doesnt go very quick but looks damn nice for small hatchback.

im 6 foot tall, slim, have a slight tan somehow, lavish far too much time and money on my hair by dying it blonde and spiking it up all over, spend far too much money on clothes (thats the effect of designer labels nowadays ).

my main obsessions as said by friends and other people

lemans 24 hours, FIA GT, LMS, ALMS, BTCC and WTCC.
my unhealthy obsession, partying too often, every weekend and once during the week but you only live once.
my car, i seem to spend forever cleaning it but thats mainly down to next door's doves crapping on my car all the time .

my taste in music is simple stuff like bloc party, the killers, kasabian, maximo park, artic monkeys, red hot chilli pepers, snow patrol etc etc.

and my favorite race teams for this year will probably be WSR in the BTCC with those orange beemers, arena's zytek 07S in the LMS and the swiss spirit lola B07/10 audi.

in the FIA GT that would be the all.inkl lamborghini's, in the ALMS intersport with their creation CA06H judd all the way.

now can i publish this as an autobiography???
Old 13 Mar 2007, 09:27 (Ref:1865417)   #46
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!

Good one!

It seems to me that GT's are becoming more popular with a slightly younger generation these days!!? When I was younger I raved about touring cars and single seaters, but now, apart from GP2, the only thing that really gets my attention is the sounds of a Vette C6R, or more probably, the Murcialago R-GT!!!

20 years ago i'd jump up and down at any racing car that moved in joy.

Is this kust part of getting older, or because racing's not as enjoyable anymore?
Old 13 Mar 2007, 15:10 (Ref:1865626)   #47
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer

Good one!

It seems to me that GT's are becoming more popular with a slightly younger generation these days!!? When I was younger I raved about touring cars and single seaters, but now, apart from GP2, the only thing that really gets my attention is the sounds of a Vette C6R, or more probably, the Murcialago R-GT!!!

20 years ago i'd jump up and down at any racing car that moved in joy.

Is this kust part of getting older, or because racing's not as enjoyable anymore?
to be honest i didnt have much of an interest in GT racing until i went with my dad to the FIA GT at silverstone in 1997, i instantly fell in love with the mclarens and porsche 911 GT1's.

imo nothing beats the noise of a zytek, lambo murcielago or courage LC70 mugen at full chat

and as well this years LMS line up is looking fantastic and the entry list for lemans is astonishing for this year
Old 13 Mar 2007, 18:12 (Ref:1865725)   #48
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
to be honest i didnt have much of an interest in GT racing until i went with my dad to the FIA GT at silverstone in 1997, i instantly fell in love with the mclarens and porsche 911 GT1's.
Hmm, remember it well. Second only to Euro GP 1993 at Donington in the lets' get soaking wet and catch pneumonia stakes!!
Old 18 Mar 2007, 21:23 (Ref:1870808)   #49
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Hmm, remember it well. Second only to Euro GP 1993 at Donington in the lets' get soaking wet and catch pneumonia stakes!!
sounds like a normal race meeting at anglesey race track, or more like silverstone 1000km LMES 2005
Old 19 Apr 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1895491)   #50
Alx
Racer

United Kingdom
The World Where I Live
Alx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, having been welcomed and provided a link to this topic by Knowlesy, I am going to use this space to introduce myself

I'm Alex (female version), I'm 25 and I'm in the middle of a one year masters degree. I used to post at this place years back when I stumbled across it via a website called "Fantasy Formula Renault" - does that place still exist? I can't remember my pseudo back then but it was probably either Alx or Senninha (which was my original F1-pseudo from when I was about 15). Whatever, I couldn't remember, and the system didn't recognise my email address or whatever so I've re-joined. My current pseudo originates from a favourite song of mine, but I also like the word and I think to an extent it suits the darker side of my personality

I got into motorsport through my dad, who always had the F1 on when Nigel Mansell was doing his stuff. Got into it properly in the mid-90s, when I started watching F1 seriously, and then whichever other motorsport series I could catch on TV. Been visiting racing circuits since 1998, and can't go a season without seeing my F3 favourites at least once I'm mainly a single-seater kind of a girl F1, F3, GP2, F3000, World Series, Formula Renault, Formula Ford etc., but I still follow the BTCC, WRC and of course those beautiful Le Mans and sportscars.

Collection-wise - my main passion is die cast models, of which are mainly 1:43 but I have the odd 1:18 and the two 1:12 1988 McLaren MP4/4s. Mainly F1, but I've attempted to buy every F3 car I've seen, and there's still the odd sportscar, touring car and rally car in there. I've become a snob though, and I can't bring myself to buy non-minichamps now! I have no idea how many I have now, but it's probably in the region of 300.

I do like the books and the magazines and am another one to add to the list of subscribers to Autosport, also like the Video/DVD season reviews of the championships and Autocourse annuals (which is marked in as a Christmas present every year!!). Odd bits of cars from crashes which happen in front of me and loads of the usual junk accumulated over the years! I also have a habit of buying flags for my favourite drivers then hunting them out and getting them to sign them.

Officially sad then
"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, but I feel that life is measured in achievement, and not in years alone"