Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jun 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3739554)   #51
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Well, tonight I'm having thunderstorms and heavy rain here.... But that only means it will be used up come next week
Old 8 Jun 2017, 21:41 (Ref:3739558)   #52
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Well, tonight I'm having thunderstorms and heavy rain here.... But that only means it will be used up come next week
Carefull Vince, you are breaking the thread rules twice in your reply. Andrew, talk to Vince
Old 9 Jun 2017, 14:03 (Ref:3739702)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll let him off as the poor boy is clearly expecting the correct weather next week.....
Old 9 Jun 2017, 14:07 (Ref:3739703)   #54
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Looks like I'll have to supplement my water and sunscreen budget for Sunday given how the latest forecast looks.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 08:00 (Ref:3740426)   #55
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, we are into race week.

My weather app on my phone (Accuweather) suggests 0% chance of precipitation until Wednesday evening when there is 7% chance of the R-Word for a few hours and then back to 0% overnight into Thursday morning (which is as far as it goes).

I have done my bit to ensure good weather by putting in a guess for the Prediction Competition which will need a wet track to achieve.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 21:09 (Ref:3740677)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I noticed that!

The official weather in Le Mans - nice and warm.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 12:59 (Ref:3740860)   #57
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Well, we are into race week.
I have done my bit to ensure good weather by putting in a guess for the Prediction Competition which will need a wet track to achieve.
Told you it would be sun sun SUN, so you are not going to win the prediction thread.
I think so far LM wearher has never been better.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 16:01 (Ref:3740904)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Let's not adjudicate on any unborn poultry just yet - don't want anyone to hex it!
Old 14 Jun 2017, 12:59 (Ref:3741179)   #59
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Oh boy, it's hot today, but, can't complain, it is what I've asked for.
Old 19 Jun 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3745250)   #60
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
This year's weather was ALMOST what the doctor (and Ayese) ordered. But next year, can we please try to keep the order of heat down a little from what it was this year?
Old 19 Jun 2017, 19:31 (Ref:3745336)   #61
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes Please, this year was to hot for everyone and for me this year i spent a lot of time sheltering from both the sun and the heat
Old 20 Jun 2017, 00:41 (Ref:3745392)   #62
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I had drunk five litres of water from Saturday morning to Sunday evening.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 07:44 (Ref:3745455)   #63
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't know how people were sitting on the steps in front of the Tribunes throughout Sunday. From my vantage point out of T34 it looked unbearable! Distinctly fewer people on the track after the race compared to previous years it seemed too.

I went down two hours before the end to pick up a drink and some things from the shop outside the paddock entrance and by the time I had got back up into the shade I was sweating buckets.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 11:02 (Ref:3745485)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've done 32 Le Mans now and that was the hottest and sunniest by far. I can't actually remember another Le Mans where there wasn't a single drop of rain for the entire time I was there. It finally disproves the complete myth that 'It always rains at Le Mans'......
Old 20 Jun 2017, 11:19 (Ref:3745491)   #65
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've done 32 Le Mans now and that was the hottest and sunniest by far. I can't actually remember another Le Mans where there wasn't a single drop of rain for the entire time I was there. It finally disproves the complete myth that 'It always rains at Le Mans'......
2003 was hot too. I remember I was wearing bluejeans ans was searching shadow constantly.

Today till Thursday the temperatures will reach 36°C around Le Mans, Tours and Blois. Hopefully we didn't have this the last week-end. I consider these high temperatures as bad weather, in the other way.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 12:55 (Ref:3745508)   #66
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
I have been enjoying this weather so much.

I do remember 2005 as a really hot edition, Last year swimmingpools were allowed on the campsites.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 12:58 (Ref:3745509)   #67
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As we approach the summer solstice, the heat is being kept down nicely here in North GA by a certain "thing".....

Old 20 Jun 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3745563)   #68
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Very interesting - I was wondering how this edition compared.

As others have said it was just a bit uncomfortable. Definitely glad of the grandstand ticket though - even if it got a bit uncomfortable in there too, especially at full capacity.

You had to get up fairly early in the campsites as the tents just became unbearably warm. Genuinely no idea how I didn't get burnt. But saw some real victims, even as early as Tuesday, and I wonder how they survived the week. Biggest thing was hydration and keeping that beer to water ratio stable.

What do they say about Brits always complaining about the weather...
Old 22 Jun 2017, 12:23 (Ref:3746021)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Let's face it, it was wonderful. I'll have no truck with moaning about the heat, I've promised you a hot, dry Le Mans for as long as I can remember! We spent more time in the stands than before, as it was just too hot during the day to do the wandering around the circuit we usually do, but I drank gallons of water and even had a couple of beers (which is very unusual for me). But yes, I saw plenty of foolish casualties. It amazed me that when we travelled home on the ferry on Monday evening, there were still people soaking up the sun - you would have thought they'd have had enough of it!
Old 22 Jun 2017, 14:42 (Ref:3746064)   #70
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Andrew drinking Beer, must have been hot
Old 22 Jun 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3746089)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Andrew drinking Beer, must have been hot
Not at the circuit though Simon, as a civilised accompaniment to a meal.....
Old 23 Jun 2017, 06:56 (Ref:3746188)   #72
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Not at the circuit though Simon, as a civilised accompaniment to a meal.....
yes i heard you can get beer at macdonalds now
Old 23 Jun 2017, 07:23 (Ref:3746193)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I did actually have one of those on Wednesday, just before I went to see Le Mans:3D.......
Old 23 Jun 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3746218)   #74
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Let's face it, it was wonderful. I'll have no truck with moaning about the heat, I've promised you a hot, dry Le Mans for as long as I can remember! ...
Oh yes ! You have promised us a hot and dry Le Mans for so many years !
Old 23 Jun 2017, 13:42 (Ref:3746258)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!