Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what a difference(Maldonado/Williams)

4 weeks ago:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/02/2...nado-fw35-car/

today:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106074

so 4 weeks ago this car was the best Williams he had ever driven, today it's undrivable and the worst Williams he had ever driven
Old 16 Mar 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3219511)   #2
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Wow, a driver going full primary school about his car when the going gets a bit difficult. That's new.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3219598)   #3
alan1302
Racer

England
Doncaster, UK
alan1302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange he blames the car as well when he's been beaten by his team mate

Think he need to knuckle down and get on with some work if he wants to be driving again next year.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3219622)   #4
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suppose he can get away with saying those things considering the money he brings to the team . I beleive he was on a fairly quick lap before trying a bit of rallycross , how close was he to having a bird stuck in his front wing ? I hope we see a Pastor like the 2012 Spanish GP .
Old 16 Mar 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3219669)   #5
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Bit of a non-story here. A driver is obviously dissapointed after going out in a very wet Q1, when his teammate scraped through by the skin of his teeth. The Williams was slow, so he's not exactly wrong is he?
Old 16 Mar 2013, 23:13 (Ref:3219682)   #6
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
coglan thinks they have gone down a setup blind alley, hes currently scouting around in melbourne photocopy shops for the solution, sadly the only information he can find has mclaren logos on it and he doesnt think that will help this year
Old 17 Mar 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3219891)   #7
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Bit of a non-story here. A driver is obviously dissapointed after going out in a very wet Q1, when his teammate scraped through by the skin of his teeth. The Williams was slow, so he's not exactly wrong is he?
but 4 weeks ago, he said this was the best Williams he had ever driven
Old 17 Mar 2013, 09:09 (Ref:3219899)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's maldonado. he doesn't know the difference. it's only when he can compare to everyone else (read: when the timesheets can tell him his opinion) that he can see what type of car it is he's driving.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 09:35 (Ref:3219911)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a little early to start in on Pastor, although he was out qualified by his rookie teammate this weekend. But I don't see the tyres coming to the aid of the also rans as they did at the beginning of last year so he (and others) will need some solid performances if he's going to disprove the Maldonado is rubbish theory.

That said, the Williams, almost as much as the McLaren, was a complete disappointment this weekend.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3219986)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is probably the worst weekend, performance wise, Maldonado has ever had. I fear he may have been in a mega strop.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3220151)   #11
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maldanado + Williams

I think we will see him whinging more this year as Bottas gets is act together and starts beating him.

Personally, I think Williams and McLaren would be better off getting their 2012 cars delivered to Malaysia asap. That way, both teams stand a better chance of getting a half decent result. I actually think customer cars are already with us and both these teams have bought the 2012 Ferrari !
Old 18 Mar 2013, 05:04 (Ref:3220346)   #12
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd suggest that with the death of Chavez, Maldanado is on borrowed time at Williams.

If, and it is a very big if, the forthcoming elections in Venezuela are truly democratic, there is likely to be a change of government and state funding for Maldanado is likely to be cut back, if it continues at all.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3220378)   #13
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Just a bad day at the office....he'll be back standing on top of the podium shortly.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 08:03 (Ref:3220386)   #14
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bad weekend for Maldonado, but it really means nothing (other than that the Williams is poor). Bottas still has to prove he can keep up with Maldonado in normal conditions on a consistent basis, not the other way around.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 08:07 (Ref:3220387)   #15
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
They say you can judge a man by how he deals with difficult circumstances.

Just sayin.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3220421)   #16
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
but 4 weeks ago, he said this was the best Williams he had ever driven
Its all relative to everyone else's performance.

When Jenson Button first drove the Brawn GP car, he came back into the pits and started listing all the things that were wrong with it to his engineer, saying that the handing & traction could be improved etc, etc. The engineer quietly pointed out that they were a second per lap quicker than everone else who had been testing a lot more than they had. It's only then that you know the real performace of your car.

I'm no fan of Maldonado, but lets not start laying into him until he actually does something wrong, shall we?