Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Dec 2016, 13:24 (Ref:3695807)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spa Summer Classic

Faetures the second running of the Spa 3hrs. The meeting also includes CSCC races. Iberian Historic Endurance cars will join the 3hr as a round of their series.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3710464)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Full info, regs etc., now on the web-

http://www.spa3hours.com/

http://spasummerclassic.com/en/ardennes.html

Old 6 Feb 2017, 13:09 (Ref:3710481)   #3
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to do this this year, I wonder if our V8 Aston would be eligible as its not an FIA car? its a club race car built to AMOC intermarque spec.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3710509)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We raced one of the E Types last year and did not have HTP papers. Give it a try.Look forward to watching go through Eau. Rouge
Old 6 Feb 2017, 17:59 (Ref:3710526)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shouldnt need papers as its not an FIA sanctioned event.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 18:16 (Ref:3710533)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Shouldnt need papers as its not an FIA sanctioned event.
The link I posted points towards the regulations, and they are very clear that FIA HTPs are not mandatory. I reckon anyone interested should approach the organisers for consideration!

The tyre requirements are also in the regs.

Old 6 Feb 2017, 19:40 (Ref:3710547)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just had an e mail saying rules reg's and cars same as last year. Well I hope they dont let in those tw-ts from last year that did a lot of bumper bashing.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 19:41 (Ref:3710548)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I will forward e mail to you Mike. Post up if you want.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 19:41 (Ref:3710550)   #9
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just had an e mail saying rules reg's and cars same as last year. Well I hope they dont let in those tw-ts from last year that did a lot of bumper bashing.
Don't worry Iain - Trump will sign an Executive Order banning them from entering.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 21:01 (Ref:3710557)   #10
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
thanks for links Mike - Ardennes Challenge for me...
Old 6 Feb 2017, 21:53 (Ref:3710565)   #11
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the British end of this is being administered b the CSCC, so give them a call about eligibility regs, Rikki.
Old 7 Feb 2017, 06:33 (Ref:3710621)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I think the British end of this is being administered b the CSCC, so give them a call about eligibility regs, Rikki.
Really? According to the Regs (link in first post) the 3hr is Vincent Collard and Diogo Ferrao's show.

Iain, I've got three emails regarding the event so far, and the classes are (as you say) same as last year. That will include the Iberian Historic Endurance cars running on Yokohama or ZZ tyres. I think it may be the odd one of those you refer to.....
Old 7 Feb 2017, 06:47 (Ref:3710622)   #13
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Really? According to the Regs (link in first post) the 3hr is Vincent Collard and Diogo Ferrao's show.
Yes, it's their show, Mike, but cscc are handling and promoting the UK involvement I think. I don't know the details of the arrangement but it has certainly been part of the CSCC promotion at Autosport and Race Retro.
Old 7 Feb 2017, 07:13 (Ref:3710628)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yes, it's their show, Mike, but cscc are handling and promoting the UK involvement I think. I don't know the details of the arrangement but it has certainly been part of the CSCC promotion at Autosport and Race Retro.
I think the 'Ardennes Challenge' is the co-promoted event with CSCC and BSS, but am happy to be proved wrong!
Old 7 Feb 2017, 09:17 (Ref:3710653)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Im going to enter our Sports 2000.
Old 7 Feb 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3710682)   #16
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I think the 'Ardennes Challenge' is the co-promoted event with CSCC and BSS, but am happy to be proved wrong!
The website - in English - invites direct application. Watch this space...
Old 7 Feb 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3710689)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes, it is all bookable direct. Entry fees look reasonable as well!

I must mention that the Crossle Racing Drivers Club are also co-promoting the Ardennes Challenge, so expect to see some of their cars racing.
Old 7 Feb 2017, 15:45 (Ref:3710717)   #18
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys, I spoke with Vincent who said that our car would be eligible for the Ardennes challenge, also the cscc are only allowing cars that have raced with them at least twice this season for consideration, I cant guarantee that we will be able to do that.

It would be great to race in the CSCC race and the Ardennes challenge whilst at Spa, I will see how it all pans out nearer the time and hopefully we will have raced twice with CSCC.

Its going to be a great event anyhow.
Old 7 Feb 2017, 17:59 (Ref:3710747)   #19
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, it is all bookable direct. Entry fees look reasonable as well!

I must mention that the Crossle Racing Drivers Club are also co-promoting the Ardennes Challenge, so expect to see some of their cars racing.
Mike, many thanks for the plug.

Crosslé Racing Drivers’ Club will be there in strength for the Ardennes Challenge races, which always presents an eclectic grid of sports, sports racing and GT cars. It’s the first European round of the Crosslé 9S Challenge and we have historically done very well at this meeting.

Last year we fielded 13 Crosslé 9S entries and 3 guest cars also joined us. I anticipate a strong showing from our group this year. While there, we will also celebrate the 60th anniversary of the founding of the Crosslé Car Company.

Owners of cars eligible to compete in the Spa Ardennes Challenge can book to race via Crosslé Racing Drivers’ Club. Race entry forms will be available shortly to download on our website:www.crossle-rdc.com

Entry fee is €750 or £650 for 30 mins qualifying and 2 x 40 mins races. Please pop me a PM should you have any questions.
Old 8 Feb 2017, 18:52 (Ref:3711000)   #20
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I too, would have liked to do this event, either in the 917 or GT40 replicas.

Unfortunately, the CSCC will not allow me to race in their home series, let alone do two races as Rikki has said. Believe me I,ve tried for at least the last ten years by directly asking (pleading almost) with first Richard, then Hugo.

I could have sworn that I,ve seen replicas running in that race before, including some outrageously over modified "original" cars.

I,m doomed I tell you, doomed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8 Feb 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3711022)   #21
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Graham, why not simply apply direct to the organisers using the online form?
Old 8 Feb 2017, 20:33 (Ref:3711029)   #22
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
I too, would have liked to do this event, either in the 917 or GT40 replicas.

Unfortunately, the CSCC will not allow me to race in their home series, let alone do two races as Rikki has said.

Believe me I,ve tried for at least the last ten years by directly asking (pleading almost) with first Richard, then Hugo.

!
Since you may have last asked, Graham, CSCC have introduced the "Open Series" and you may be able to race the GT40 or 917 in that. I'm not sure but it's worth asking.

Details and regs here

http://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/?q=Open%20Series

I don't see anything there that precludes the GT40, not sure about the 917, but it certainly says they allow "kit Marques" (sorry!)
Old 9 Feb 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3711186)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Im going to enter our Sports 2000.
Good stuff, I've entered the MGB in the Three Hours with Pieter Bakker's Legendary Circuits.

Looking forward to it. We were going quite well last year until the points broke.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 12:36 (Ref:3711204)   #24
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
E-mail received this am from CSCC:

"Dear Competitor,

The headline event at the Spa Summer Classic this year, is again the Spa 3 hours race into the night, running for the second time. The new for 2016 event was fully booked last year and we expect it to be the same again this year. The Spa 3 Hours race is for cars confirming to FIA Appendix K specifications up until December 1976. Please find attached a copy of the regulations.
You can now enter with the CSCC and we have set the price in Sterling at £1595 against the Euro price of 1850.
If you have a car that does not have papers but otherwise you think would be eligible, please contact the office to check. Despite the currency change this is great value when compared with the Spa 6 hours race, which we understand is already full for 2017.
The remaining races that the CSCC will be running at Spa this year will be available to book soon. All series will be able to attend but remember that you do require a minimum National A race licence to be able to take part.
Kind regards

Hugo Holder

Competitions Director and Club Secretary, Classic Sports Car Club

CSCC Office
1 Masons Wharf
Corsham
Wiltshire
SN13 9FY
Office contact details:
Tel 01225 810655
Fax 01225 811337
Email: hugo@classicsportscarclub.co.uk
Web: www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk"

I have no idea whether it's better to apply direct or through the CSCC for the 3 hours, but you have a choice.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 12:46 (Ref:3711207)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I have no idea whether it's better to apply direct or through the CSCC for the 3 hours, but you have a choice.
The euro exchange rate is slightly in favour of direct today, but of course could be the other way tomorrow!

If you get charged by your bank for sending money in euros, or have to pay a 'foreign transaction' surcharge on your credit card, then CSCC sounds more like a good idea... BUT- do you have to be a member of the CSCC and do the suggested other 2 races with them..... ?