Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Jun 2009, 08:57 (Ref:2474538)   #1
Ockside
Rookie

Ockside should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco Classic 2010

Hello,

I just wanted to see how many people are interested in the Monaco Classic 2010 taking place on the 7th/8th/9th May.

Have people gone before and what did they think of the event, pro's and con's. Would you go again? Would you go to the event with hospitality in the Hotel de Paris?

Where did you stay (Monaco or Nice) when you were they?

Regards

Mr P
Old 3 Jun 2009, 16:20 (Ref:2474800)   #2
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can speak only as a spectator.Went in 2006 and met up with a group from this or the 'other' forumBooked my own flight and accomadation in Nice.We had a meal on the saturday by the harbour.Was a very enjoyable weekend without much of the expense & hassle of the F1 a week later.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 17:22 (Ref:2475440)   #3
Ockside
Rookie

Ockside should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob thanks for your reply.

We took guests to Monaco for the Grand Prix and they stayed in Nice which is a good option rather than forking out alot to stay in Monaco.

We are looking at taking guests to the Monaco Historic 2010 and just wanted to know a little more about the event and what people think of it.

How easily is it to access the paddock? of course its impossible to get in the pitlane but just wanted to whether we could get up close to the cars and drives ike at the Silverstone Classic.

Mr P
Old 5 Jun 2009, 15:01 (Ref:2476011)   #4
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ockside View Post
Rob thanks for your reply.

We took guests to Monaco for the Grand Prix and they stayed in Nice which is a good option rather than forking out alot to stay in Monaco.

We are looking at taking guests to the Monaco Historic 2010 and just wanted to know a little more about the event and what people think of it.

How easily is it to access the paddock? of course its impossible to get in the pitlane but just wanted to whether we could get up close to the cars and drives ike at the Silverstone Classic.

Mr P
Went as competitors last year and got a special deal on the name hotels - rather expensive (±300 euros a night = 200 quid at the time) but I suspect a lot cheaper than normal rates and great value for money, apart from the different rooms (lounge, bar, bedroom etc) that comprised our room, the balcony was enormous having tables and chairs for 20+ people and plenty more space (I should have sub-let some of it to get the money back!). When I eventually found it the bed itself was bigger than your average size UK bedroom (I see why it was the hotel favoured by Max for his escapades) and the bath towels/mats/slippers etc are still performing well at home!!
Compared to somewhere like London it was a bargain - definitely worth it as a bit of a treat.
When you consider it was maybe twice the price of a B&B near Goodwood I'm almost convinced it was cheap!

I don't remember there being any restrictions on paddock access, of course we did have all the appropriate passes, but I don't recall anyone checking them into the paddock - and given the proximity of the deadful Stars & Stripes I can't see how there could be any restriction.

Walking round it seemed pretty easy to get near the action in lots of places.

As an event we met several people who go to every one and I can understand why, as historic events go the circuit is ideal for a historic car's performance, it is spectacular and you are close to the action - the exact opposite to somewhere like Silverstone. What I don't understand is why anyone would want to live there - you would have to be saving a hell of a lot in tax to put up with it.