Old 17 Dec 2013, 01:21 (Ref:3344818)   #1
Brentbw555
Rookie

United States
Texas
Brentbw555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indy Racing Autographed Helmet - Need help to ID signatures

Hello all,

This is my first time posting here on this forum. I have an Indy Racing helmet that has multiple autographs on it, and as I am not up to date on all driver's signatures, I would like to ask this community for their help in identifying and listing the drivers whose signatures on the helmet. The one signature that I am familiar with is that of A.J. Foyt (Sr.), however the rest of them I am not so sure about. Any help with resolving this minor mystery would be greatly appreciated! Also, as I cannot directly post the pictures of the helmet showing the signatures as attachments to this post, I am including a web link that shows pictures of all the autographs on the helmet. Again, any help in ID'ing these would be great. And with that I leave this matter unto you. Thank you in advance!

*** Here's the link for the pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l8mwkhk4p9hhmbd/xD_sdyi8Sd ***
Old 17 Dec 2013, 12:08 (Ref:3344966)   #2
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
That's AJ Foyt IV's signature in pic 3 and Johnny Rutherford's signature in pic 5.

AJ Foyt IV is AJ Foyt Jr's grandson. AJ Foyt Jr being the legend so you've got his grandson's signature on that helmet.

I'm unclear as to the identity of the other signatures.

Last edited by Paradise City; 17 Dec 2013 at 12:24.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3347632)   #3
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of those signatures appears to be David Starr, a Nascar Truck driver who drove #75 for Spears

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Starr
Old 8 Jan 2014, 15:18 (Ref:3351656)   #4
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The third one might be Austin Powell - who is a lot younger than you probably expect. I can't find a photo of his autograph though, but he's certainly a (junior) racing driver.
http://austinpowellracing.com/
Old 12 Jan 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3353122)   #5
manic mechanic
Rookie

manic mechanic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe that the signatures (after comparing your pics to those in my collection) are:

Johnny Rutheford
David Starr
Cristen Powell (NHRA Top Fuel driver)
AJ Foyt IV
Alex Barron (Atlantics/IRL)
and possibly
Greg Ray

I'm confident of all but Ray.. I'd have to dig through about 20 notebooks to find mine to compare with.

Hope this helps
Old 14 Jan 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3353869)   #6
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by manic mechanic View Post
I believe that the signatures (after comparing your pics to those in my collection) are:

Johnny Rutheford
David Starr
Cristen Powell (NHRA Top Fuel driver)
AJ Foyt IV
Alex Barron (Atlantics/IRL)
and possibly
Greg Ray

I'm confident of all but Ray.. I'd have to dig through about 20 notebooks to find mine to compare with.

Hope this helps
Aha, thanks manic for the Powell correction (and nice to "see" you here as another ALMSfans refugee).