Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Jun 2009, 07:29 (Ref:2485710)   #26
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Pretty Vacant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FWIW I have raced my Lancia with HSCC, CSCC and Masters.

Yes they all have their merits and all have their downsides too. However the perception, as Moose stated, is that Masters is far more expensive and in many ways aimed at a certain market.

I would also say the only series I have had contact in is the Masters, pushed off by an over agressive driver causing great damage to my car and my neck. Said driver was up in front of the COC 3 times over the weekend, and I was told he would not be invited back, wrong he was and is still racing with them. This gets them a bad name, many others I know have raced with them and experienced similar damage. On the plus side though, if you take the family they are well looked after. And I'm sure I will race with them again.

At the end of the day we all do this for fun, and generally I'd say the longer we get in the car the better we feel. Whats god for one is not good for another, especially in these times financially. Is does seem that CSCC have very full grids and reserves in waiting at every meeting except Anglessey. (personally really miffed we couldn't make that one, great track!) So that means a number of people like the format.

Rather then bicker or take things to personally if we have our favourites lets get on with our hobby and have fun. After all we all want to race somewhere, does it matter what people think of who we race with? No!, we individually want what we percieve as VFM and get out there!
Old 18 Jun 2009, 10:11 (Ref:2485815)   #27
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Vacant
Rather then bicker or take things to personally if we have our favourites lets get on with our hobby and have fun. After all we all want to race somewhere, does it matter what people think of who we race with? No!, we individually want what we percieve as VFM and get out there!
Well said that man!

Last edited by John Turner; 18 Jun 2009 at 10:16. Reason: Placing quotes in parenthesis.
Old 18 Jun 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2485971)   #28
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Good God! Was that sensible? Someone agreed!
Old 18 Jun 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2485983)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree too. However names are being taken and postings will be used in evidence.
Old 18 Jun 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2486014)   #30
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
B****r caught by the sensible police!
Old 25 Jun 2009, 21:25 (Ref:2490695)   #31
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
AS a newbie on here, and a relative newcomer to racing after 30+ years of stage rallying, I'd just like to add my congrats to CSCC for another good weekend at Oulton......and suggest that whilst the Tin Tops and Swinging Sixties are well or over-subscribed, we in Future Classics have space to spare - so anyone with an eligible car, come on down, we're friendly.....

Can't make Spa, but will be at Silverstone so if any other posters want to come and say "hello" we're in the White / blue 944 Turbo, usually car 35 (had to be 5 at Oulton due to a shared practice causing a number clash with an E-type)

Richard