Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 May 2017, 12:58 (Ref:3736342)   #1
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Button / Vandoorne

Interesting how a good performance from JB is going to badly hurt SV's career prospects if he lags behind - yet Jenson is Stoffel's manager!!
Old 27 May 2017, 13:20 (Ref:3736349)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well apart from the crash they both did ok
Old 27 May 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3736352)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I love the way it has been a great more competitive for the team than the other GPs, I have to say that the way the penalty is meant for Jenson is a great disappointment to the sport
Old 27 May 2017, 15:26 (Ref:3736397)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i forgot that JB is a co-owner of the management company.

driver driving against his manager...is this a first?
Old 27 May 2017, 17:19 (Ref:3736414)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure Button will do the right thing and let Stoffel through, only for both cars to then retire in quick succession.
Old 27 May 2017, 17:33 (Ref:3736417)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i think both cars will do the distance, with button perhaps getting up to 12th but vandoorne getting some well deserved points for 8th or ninth. Well ok i can dream
Old 27 May 2017, 20:24 (Ref:3736492)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
I'm sure Button will do the right thing and let Stoffel through, only for both cars to then retire in quick succession.
Old 28 May 2017, 14:32 (Ref:3736745)   #8
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a side note, Stoffel changed his management last year, iirc
Old 28 May 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3736755)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
disappointing end for both of them
Old 28 May 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3736858)   #10
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
On a side note, Stoffel changed his management last year, iirc
Yes, to Button's company.
Old 29 May 2017, 00:19 (Ref:3736997)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Isn't Mr Norris lining up in the McLaren nextyear?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 May 2017, 02:27 (Ref:3737006)   #12
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that it was a double DNF but not due to either engine. Instead each driver binned their respective car.

And frustratingly ironic that the only 'McLaren' Honda engine to expire yesterday was Alonsos ��
Old 29 May 2017, 15:33 (Ref:3737157)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
You have to admit the authorities in F1 live on another planet, giving JB a grid penalty for the next race classic case of being unaware of everything happening around them
Old 29 May 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3737164)   #14
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
there is always a possibility he will be at the next race and he did deserve the penalty plus there are the points against his licence.

granted one can hardly say there is consistency in their rulings/punishments but to leave it unpenalized would have been worse imo.
Old 31 May 2017, 15:48 (Ref:3737735)   #15
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Isn't Mr Norris lining up in the McLaren nextyear?
Yes I honestly think they are, he seems to have gotten his autosport prize F1 drive rather promptly, as its taken others up to 2 years, whereby Lando is now testing a McLaren F1 car in spain.......I know Landos Carlin F3 engineer personally, he is old school, been there seen it done it......he tells me Lando is the real deal, he did not mince his words, Lando is a real weapon of a driver who can slay a circuit he has never driven on before, which is the mark of a great driver in the making.....and I have a feeling Mclaren already know this off the back of his simulator drives, they cannot let this lad slip through their fingers, I think its very highly probable that Lando will be driving a McLaren in F1 in 2018
Old 2 Jun 2017, 07:20 (Ref:3738064)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Vandoorne and Norris would be a cracking line up.
Old 2 Jun 2017, 07:29 (Ref:3738065)   #17
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Yes I honestly think they are, he seems to have gotten his autosport prize F1 drive rather promptly, as its taken others up to 2 years, whereby Lando is now testing a McLaren F1 car in spain.......I know Landos Carlin F3 engineer personally, he is old school, been there seen it done it......he tells me Lando is the real deal, he did not mince his words, Lando is a real weapon of a driver who can slay a circuit he has never driven on before, which is the mark of a great driver in the making.....and I have a feeling Mclaren already know this off the back of his simulator drives, they cannot let this lad slip through their fingers, I think its very highly probable that Lando will be driving a McLaren in F1 in 2018
2 and 2 doesn't make 100!

He is doing the extra just like all the other big test programmes he has been in. Like he did dozens of F3 test days when he was all the way back in F4. His Dad will be paying for it is all...
Old 2 Jun 2017, 08:36 (Ref:3738082)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What's Mr Norris like at assembling a deckchair?
Old 2 Jun 2017, 11:31 (Ref:3738109)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
come on gtr, this is f1, you have people to assemble your deckchairs for you in f1
Old 3 Jun 2017, 04:18 (Ref:3738258)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
come on gtr, this is f1, you have people to assemble your deckchairs for you in f1

Plus 14 engineers looking on to make sure its done right