Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Feb 2004, 09:21 (Ref:858605)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to Senna Imola chassis ?

I was reading yesterday on the net somewhere , that Williams hadnt still done anything with the chassis that Senna was killed in in 94 ?...I know it took 8 years to get it back from Italy , But was it ever incinerated like it was said it was going to be ?...
From the article i read yesterday ( cant remember the site sorry ) it said that nothing had been doen with it yet ...

I know that his crash helmet was returned to the manufactuer and that was incinerated ...
Old 1 Feb 2004, 09:23 (Ref:858607)   #2
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sennas car was sitting under a grandstand in Imola for years i know that much. I presume its still in a darkened room somewhere in the Williams factory just incase another inquest is held (there have been rumblings) and they need to look at the car again ?
i would hope that the car would be recycled and used on the 2004 williams
save the planet
-jason
Old 1 Feb 2004, 09:32 (Ref:858612)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I cant recall the story, but Partic Head said that it had been destroyed after the last inquest, as they feared where it would end up if they did'nt.
Old 1 Feb 2004, 10:48 (Ref:858688)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by jasonhill9884

i would hope that the car would be recycled and used on the 2004 williams
save the planet
-jason
I wouldn't wish that on anyone, talk about inviting bad luck

Last edited by Mr V; 1 Feb 2004 at 10:49.
Old 1 Feb 2004, 11:51 (Ref:858756)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Sources say the matter could be complicated by the fact that the offending FW16 chassis was officially returned to Williams' headquarters where it was destroyed last year.
Source - www.racinglines.com
Date - 29/01/2003
Old 1 Feb 2004, 22:04 (Ref:859511)   #6
Sir Frank
Rookie

Sir Frank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jason, how do you recycle carbon fibre? read a snippet in Autosport about a year ago saying that Williams had destroyed it.

Read that it was stored in a police lock up in Imola, and each time Williams people went to see it, it's condition had deteriorated, stuff rusted etc. Shame, but how sick would an exhibition on Senna be with 'The Helmet' and 'The Car' as its centrem piece. Interesting to many fans, but what about the morality?

Crush it and move on. That one car caused the team so much pain and heartache, so you really can't blame them!
Old 2 Feb 2004, 06:50 (Ref:859751)   #7
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That chassis was destroyed last year at Williams. For sure.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 19:35 (Ref:861710)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was destroyed and I think that should be the end of the whole episode. I really fear that as the tenth anniversary of his death approaches, we're going to be inundated with people dragging up the minute details of the accident rather than celebrating his life and mourning his passing.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 19:45 (Ref:861727)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Am i being ignored by that many people or what?

Old 3 Feb 2004, 21:23 (Ref:861834)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

Yup, i'm a loser.....
Old 4 Feb 2004, 00:26 (Ref:862072)   #11
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
'Sonic'...visited the great mans grave recently...Nice one Sonic...Respect!
Old 4 Feb 2004, 07:06 (Ref:862281)   #12
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
Am i being ignored by that many people or what?
Huh? Who said that?
Old 4 Feb 2004, 07:47 (Ref:862305)   #13
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Frank
Interesting to many fans, but what about the morality?
I wouldn't want to see such an exhibition but in all honesty it would be no more or less "moral" than the various mummies on display around the world or other such displays featuring ancient bodies.

Interestingly there is a display in the Donington Collection of David Purley's LEC as it was when dug out of the barriers at Silverstone arranged to look like the scene of the accident (without driver)...whereas David somehow survived the crash I think it's in the same ballpark and is in questionable taste
Old 4 Feb 2004, 10:00 (Ref:862393)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
Interestingly there is a display in the Donington Collection of David Purley's LEC as it was when dug out of the barriers at Silverstone arranged to look like the scene of the accident (without driver)...whereas David somehow survived the crash I think it's in the same ballpark and is in questionable taste
I've seen that. I didn't have a problem with it - it highlights the fact that crashes do happen and can be severe. Also it shows a little of crash dynamics which, from a purely mechanics point of view is interesting.

I think it was best the Williams was destoyed (after all that could be learnt was). For that takes on a different aspect is involved in a fatal crash with such a big name.