Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Sep 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2760851)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone else fed up with...

The amount of articles we've seen over the past few races quoting drivers saying "*insert one of the final tracks here* will tell us who can win the title"

Last time I checked, all the races offered the same amount of points, therefore they're surely just as important?

I'm just fed up of hearing articles such as this:
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/09/1...nship-destiny/

Selby
Old 17 Sep 2010, 11:49 (Ref:2760856)   #2
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, dont you just love PR. To be fair i am just fed up with F1 in general, everyone keeps telling me how great this season is, how close the championship is and how good the races have been and i just cant get into the latter part of this season. Probaly just me getting older and more moany.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2760857)   #3
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
There are so many news outlets with space to fill that we end up with millions of these non-stories during quiet spells.

Things like 'Button eyes good result in Italy'.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 12:11 (Ref:2760860)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh, I seem to recall there was a slightly similar post not too long back, but more specifically I mean these rediculous comments that such and such will be the definitive measuring stick as to who will win the title, which is just rediculous the more you think about it..

Selby
Old 17 Sep 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2760875)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The "eyeing" articles are infuriating. In fact if I see "eyes" in the title I refuse to read any further.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 13:11 (Ref:2760883)   #6
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're not alone on this subject. But don't we see a lot of 'non-news' everywhere in our society?
Old 17 Sep 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2760884)   #7
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I need those types of articles to keep me awake and on the egde of my seat...
Old 17 Sep 2010, 13:15 (Ref:2760886)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
You're not alone on this subject. But don't we see a lot of 'non-news' everywhere in our society?
We do.

It's the information age and there's too much of it.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 13:48 (Ref:2760897)   #9
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
The "eyeing" articles are infuriating. In fact if I see "eyes" in the title I refuse to read any further.
So you wouldn't like a headline reading 'Knowlesy eyes improvement in motorsport journalism' then?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 17 Sep 2010, 13:52 (Ref:2760898)   #10
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ralf's Girl Eyes Up Ralf
Old 17 Sep 2010, 15:51 (Ref:2760940)   #11
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I think that's perfectly acceptable. However, 'Ralf's Girl Eyes Meeting With Ralf' is unacceptable in the Knowlesy Book of Journalistic Standards.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 17 Sep 2010, 15:55 (Ref:2760941)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
I subscribe to Knowlesy's view. It's a very over-used term at the minute. I eye a reduction in it's use.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2760948)   #13
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who is eyeing me up?
Old 17 Sep 2010, 17:58 (Ref:2760980)   #14
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
Who is eyeing me up?
A 2nd rate racing series.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2760997)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Autosport has: "McLaren: Singapore crunch race for title."

Just like Spa and Monza were pivotal races?

No doubt: "McLaren: Japan crunch race for title." will be along shortly.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2761020)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"eyes", "slam", "exclusive", "Eddie Jordan". All words to stop you reading an article.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 20:49 (Ref:2761021)   #17
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Or indeed any controversy ending in '-gate'. We've had spy-gate, lie-gate and crash-gate; I'm rather surprised that TGF trying to maim Barrichello wasn't 'wall-gate' or some such rubbish. Has nobody told the press that it wasn't called Watergate-gate?
Old 17 Sep 2010, 22:21 (Ref:2761055)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
So you wouldn't like a headline reading 'Knowlesy eyes improvement in motorsport journalism' then?
That would be flippin' 'orrible!
Old 18 Sep 2010, 06:33 (Ref:2761113)   #19
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
"eyes", "slam", "exclusive", "Eddie Jordan". All words to stop you reading an article.
Add "Jacques Villeneuve" and I think you have the full list.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 08:48 (Ref:2761130)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex View Post
Add "Jacques Villeneuve" and I think you have the full list.
That one is quite uncommon in F1 articles nowadays
Old 18 Sep 2010, 09:35 (Ref:2761148)   #21
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Villeneuve eyes yet another ultimately doomed attempt to get back into F1.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2761158)   #22
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Villeneuve eyes yet another ultimately doomed attempt to get back into F1.
Sounds like he and P.Windsor should get together.