Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Sep 2010, 14:22 (Ref:2762529)   #26
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How about Kobayashi in a McLaren one day? My favourite driver.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2762653)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
That would be great, I like him too !
Old 22 Sep 2010, 02:14 (Ref:2762816)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Three car teams! You heard it here first! Again.
They are going to allow three cars per team? The last time I can recall an F1 team running three cars was Tyrrell in the 1973 Canadian GP.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 05:38 (Ref:2762843)   #29
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The last time I can recall an F1 team running three cars was Tyrrell in the 1973 Canadian GP.
There have been a few since then.....

Italy 1977 and both Brabham-Alfa and McLaren entered three cars..... McLaren ran an extra car for Giacomelli, who joined Hunt and Mass in the McLaren lineup, whereas Brabham regulars Hans Stuck and John Watson were joined by a third car for Giorgio Francia, although Francia failed to qualify to start the race..

1979 saw Tyrrell running three cars at Canada and USA East, one each for Pironi and Jarier, joined by Daly

Austria 1980 Lotus ran a third car for a young bloke called Mansell. They repeated the excersise in Holland and Italy the same year, running cars for Andretti, De Angelis and Nigel. Having said that at Italy Winklehock hit Mansell in qualifying, destroying Nigels car so Nige actually was a dns for Italy AFAIK.

Canada 1980 was the somewhat famed youngest start in a GP by Thackwell..... Tyrrell entered 3 cars, for Jarier Daly and Thackwell. All three started the race but a red flag on the first lap was the result of a crash which had taken out the two senior Tyrrell drivers so Mike Thackwell was forced to hand his car over for the restart and did not take the second grid, with his car being used by Jarier. Warwick and Thackwell were spectators.

However, the last incidence of a team entering and starting 3 cars that I know off was actually Germany 1985, when Renault entered an extra car to allow Hesnault to start alongside fellow Renault regulars Tambay and Warwick. All three cars started the race.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 07:45 (Ref:2762864)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
There have been a few since then.....

However, the last incidence of a team entering and starting 3 cars that I know off was actually Germany 1985, when Renault entered an extra car to allow Hesnault to start alongside fellow Renault regulars Tambay and Warwick. All three cars started the race.
Thanks for all that excellent info.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 09:35 (Ref:2762920)   #31
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
You never know.

I like him too. He seems to drive with his heart and also seems a little bit nuts out of the car. I like that combination.