Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:11 (Ref:2932395)   #326
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I would take that with a pinch of salt: - If Audi and Penske definitely wanted to do P1 in 2012 then ALMS would provide the class for them.
Just saying that if it didn't happen this year, don't expect it to happen now, especially since Audi seemingly would rather run the WEC than the ALMS, and even if Audi did run, would the ALMS really separate LMP1 and LMP2 next year?

I don't think that even with Penske and Porsche showed up next year that they'd split the class. If they won't roll over for Audi or Porsche, they probably won't roll over for anyone else.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 16:41 (Ref:2932821)   #327
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In the meanwhile, yesterday saw the symbolic turning of the first soil that heralded the start of the extension of its Research and Development Centre in Weissach (Baden-Württemberg). The site is being enlarged through the addition of a highly modern design studio, a high-tech wind tunnel and an electronics integration center. Porsche is investing around 150 million euro in this respect.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 16:43 (Ref:2932823)   #328
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, they're serious!
Old 30 Jul 2011, 03:00 (Ref:2933139)   #329
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
In the meanwhile, yesterday saw the symbolic turning of the first soil that heralded the start of the extension of its Research and Development Centre in Weissach (Baden-Württemberg). The site is being enlarged through the addition of a highly modern design studio, a high-tech wind tunnel and an electronics integration center. Porsche is investing around 150 million euro in this respect.
That's a serious investment.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 03:07 (Ref:2933141)   #330
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Sounds like porsche is getting into Sportscars for the long term.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 03:51 (Ref:2933145)   #331
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thats a big boost for all VAG motorsport entries, including Audi!
Old 30 Jul 2011, 04:52 (Ref:2933151)   #332
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Note that it says "Porsche is investing around 150 million euro in this respect"
VAG will draw some benefit (especially with regards to road cars - as Porsche is responsible for all VAG sports car platforms), but it is primarily a Porsche investment and facility.

http://www.porsche.com/uk/aboutporsc...&id=2011-07-28
Old 30 Jul 2011, 08:48 (Ref:2933206)   #333
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Sounds like porsche is getting into Sportscars for the long term.
Either that or Porsche is planning a 4 year programme before moving to F1 in 2018 in a similar fashion to Toyota did in the '90s
Old 30 Jul 2011, 12:15 (Ref:2933279)   #334
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Either that or Porsche is planning a 4 year programme before moving to F1 in 2018 in a similar fashion to Toyota did in the '90s

And if that doesnt happen, then we can speculate about Porsche Joining F1 in 2022, and if that doesnt happen then 2030. Also, if Porsche never joins F1 then we can constantly speculate about Audi joining F1 with Williams, Red Bull, Colin Kolles or Count Chocula.

Last edited by FordCosworthPanoz; 30 Jul 2011 at 12:20.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 16:14 (Ref:2933432)   #335
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
And if that doesnt happen, then we can speculate about Porsche Joining F1 in 2022, and if that doesnt happen then 2030. Also, if Porsche never joins F1 then we can constantly speculate about Audi joining F1 with Williams, Red Bull, Colin Kolles or Count Chocula.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 18:00 (Ref:2933478)   #336
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You might as well include Franken Berry in the mix, as you've got Count Chocula.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 18:14 (Ref:2933494)   #337
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
You might as well include Franken Berry in the mix, as you've got Count Chocula.
What, you arent taking my comment seriously????? Like another internet racing “expert” my “sources” and my own speculation have helped me predict how Audi is going to leave Le Mans sports car racing for the 900th time. Count Chocula will join HRT, and because of his long relationship with Audi (seen with someone who knew someone who knows Dr Ullrich in 1987) will bring Audi to F1, despite Ullrich calling F1 irrelevant. Red Bull is apparently going to dump their own team and bring sponsorship to HRT Audi. Also, Porsche going to Le Mans means nothing, because with Franken Berry, as you mentioned, Porsche will be headed to NASCAR in 2017. This is what my sources tell me, so it must be true.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 18:19 (Ref:2933497)   #338
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
What, you arent taking my comment seriously????? Like another internet racing “expert” my “sources” and my own speculation have helped me predict how Audi is going to leave Le Mans sports car racing for the 900th time. Count Chocula will join HRT, and because of his long relationship with Audi (seen with someone who knew someone who knows Dr Ullrich in 1987) will bring Audi to F1, despite Ullrich calling F1 irrelevant. Red Bull is apparently going to dump their own team and bring sponsorship to HRT Audi. Also, Porsche going to Le Mans means nothing, because with Franken Berry, as you mentioned, Porsche will be headed to NASCAR in 2017. This is what my sources tell me, so it must be true.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:58 (Ref:2933639)   #339
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This guy belongs in Hollywood. I bet you could write a better screenplay than 90% of those so-called writers out there.

You have got that whole Bermuda triangle thing going.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 23:12 (Ref:2933650)   #340
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
This guy belongs in Hollywood. I bet you could write a better screenplay than 90% of those so-called writers out there.

You have got that whole Bermuda triangle thing going.
George Lucas said, when the BBC trawled him round the Montreal pits, sports and movie's don't really work but these scenarios, of FordCosworthPanoz are winners in my book; keep it up.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 03:44 (Ref:2933701)   #341
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Thanks, but to be honest, Im making fun of reality. My “rumours” that I just mentioned are no more ridiculous than a lot of the rubbish people actually follow on the internet and post on this very forum. Whether it be from an overreactive magazine or a blog that has the prediction success rate of Harold Camping. Sure, its really fun to speculate, but when year after year after year after year people predict the same damn thing (and are always wrong), it just gets pathetic after a while. Especially when the people that actually are involved in these happenings (Newey, Ullrich ect) have denied it.

But yes, I am looking forward to the 2014, 2018, 2022 and whenever the heck after that F1 grid and seeing no Audi or Porsche team on it.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 03:58 (Ref:2933703)   #342
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Quote:

I love this forum.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 05:40 (Ref:2933711)   #343
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
People can talk can't they....Of course Peugeot is gonna throw that idea out there.....To psych the competition.....Now Audi is stuck wondering if Peugeot will stay diesel or go petrol....its only mind games.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 13:23 (Ref:2933906)   #344
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHAT ABOUT BOO BERRY!?
Old 31 Jul 2011, 13:30 (Ref:2933913)   #345
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuss View Post
WHAT ABOUT BOO BERRY!?
Apparently he is going to buy the ALMS from Don Panoz, but because he is Brian France's twin brother, he will shut the series down and all sports car racing is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 14:11 (Ref:2933960)   #346
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Apparently he is going to buy the ALMS from Don Panoz, but because he is Brian France's twin brother, he will shut the series down and all sports car racing is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED.
In North America...
Old 31 Jul 2011, 14:17 (Ref:2933968)   #347
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
In North America...
Well, ignoring all of my sarcasm,sorry to say but I think you may actually be correct about that.
Old 1 Aug 2011, 07:15 (Ref:2934322)   #348
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Are JLOC & Guess Racing planning on buying the ALMS or entering the F1 circus as well then ?
Old 1 Aug 2011, 07:32 (Ref:2934330)   #349
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ridicule all you like but there was a story last week that said the VAG chairman had mentioned the possibility of a VAG brand joining F1 in 2018. As Porsche is a VAG brand I felt it was worth mentioning the possibility. It was more than just idle speculation - but you were to tied up in your p*** taking to realise it
Old 1 Aug 2011, 14:29 (Ref:2934537)   #350
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Ridicule all you like but there was a story last week that said the VAG chairman had mentioned the possibility of a VAG brand joining F1 in 2018. As Porsche is a VAG brand I felt it was worth mentioning the possibility. It was more than just idle speculation - but you were to tied up in your p*** taking to realise it
Yes, you are right, and I was aware of this article before I started “p*** taking”, in fact here it is: http://www.livemint.com/2011/07/2815...der-F1-in.html

My “p*** taking” was not bashing you at all, what I was bashing in addition to several internet rumour sources on other topics (such as Autosport) was VW itself. We keep hearing from them and their brands that they are going to join F1, over and over again, yet it NEVER happens. Also, I did realise something else in this article:

“We have enough brands that could do that,” he said, without being more specific.

Now, just think why he would say this.