Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jul 2018, 14:20 (Ref:3837515)   #226
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
Another potential buy-out, another potential name-change, this would be the 4th and if that won't be an all-time record then I don't know what will.
Have you forgotten Toleman,Benetton,Renault,Lotus,Renault?
Old 19 Jul 2018, 14:23 (Ref:3837518)   #227
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Whoops! But FI won't have done two seperate stints under the same name though.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3837523)   #228
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Or Tyrell, BAR, Honda, Brawn, Mercedes....

Or if we're going down the name entered under:

Brabham, Motor Racing Developments, Martini Racing, Parmalat Racing Team, Fila Sport, MRD International, Motor Racing Developments.....
Old 19 Jul 2018, 21:17 (Ref:3837587)   #229
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Or Tyrell, BAR, Honda, Brawn, Mercedes....

Or if we're going down the name entered under:

Brabham, Motor Racing Developments, Martini Racing, Parmalat Racing Team, Fila Sport, MRD International, Motor Racing Developments.....
Alright, let's not start getting pedantic, I'm notorious for that.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 22:05 (Ref:3837606)   #230
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Alright, let's not start getting pedantic, I'm notorious for that.
Well you did say that if 4 names wasn't an all time record, you didn't know what was - and in response a couple of forum members have educated you. Not pedantry, just highlighting gaps in your knowledge.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 22:44 (Ref:3837612)   #231
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Well you did say that if 4 names wasn't an all time record, you didn't know what was - and in response a couple of forum members have educated you. Not pedantry, just highlighting gaps in your knowledge.
Brabham was never known by any other name in the Constructor's Championship though.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 23:32 (Ref:3837616)   #232
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Name change to "Force Canada" coming up? Stroll from Williams to Force India story
Old 20 Jul 2018, 06:53 (Ref:3837636)   #233
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Brabham was never known by any other name in the Constructor's Championship though.
Interestingly, if you look at the 1966 constructors' championship, Brabham appears in that one season alone under 3 different names.

F1 differentiated the official results under chassis/engine pairings.

The results of the constructors' aren't based on team names though - so the Brabham name in those results includes other teams such as RRC Walker Racing and DW Racing.....
Old 20 Jul 2018, 08:45 (Ref:3837650)   #234
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
How many teams ran Lolas? Honda, Hill, Haas, Larrousse, BMS
Old 20 Jul 2018, 09:20 (Ref:3837662)   #235
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
And Lola.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 21:49 (Ref:3837752)   #236
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"L - O - L - A - Lola....."

(Credit Ray Davies.....)
Old 21 Jul 2018, 00:41 (Ref:3837761)   #237
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Name change to "Force Canada" coming up? Stroll from Williams to Force India story
Would performance increase or decrease compared to the incumbents?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Jul 2018, 00:44 (Ref:3837762)   #238
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Would performance increase or decrease compared to the incumbents?
Perhaps its the $64 million dollar answer rather than question?
Old 21 Jul 2018, 00:54 (Ref:3837763)   #239
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Perhaps its the $64 million dollar answer rather than question?
In compensation more like.

Force India have always resisted the pay drive option, guess they have their price ...
Old 21 Jul 2018, 04:10 (Ref:3837772)   #240
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Force India have always resisted the pay drive option, guess they have their price ...
Really? What about the massive budget Perez brings then??
Old 21 Jul 2018, 04:27 (Ref:3837774)   #241
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Really? What about the massive budget Perez brings then??
Perhaps we should say 'Slim' pickings v Stroll?
But yes Perez has always been with a wad of cash.
Old 21 Jul 2018, 04:45 (Ref:3837776)   #242
peebee2
Veteran

Very good!
Old 23 Jul 2018, 08:06 (Ref:3838212)   #243
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
http://ams.to/force-india-future

AMS reporting FI could go into administration this week
Old 23 Jul 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3838307)   #244
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
According to some internet rumblings it is Stroll who has bought FI, so exit Lance from Williams at the end of the year. If true, presumably Stroll snr will want to implement the Mercedes B' team concept that he as allegedly been suggesting Williams embrace. Nothing confirmed yet though.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 16:10 (Ref:3838315)   #245
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if these rumours are true then i would guess the administration process is being done to facilitate the sale?

cant say i have a problem with the sale per say but the son (who isnt without talent but a substantial pay driver nonetheless) of an owner driving for their family's team is a bit of a problematic concept for me.

not that i have a problem with pay drivers (Perez has backing and has more then proved he deserves his seat) nor can i definitively say where i think the line between merit and nepotism rests.

i guess such a change in ownership will force these questions out to the forefront and thats where my discomfort would stem from.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 16:23 (Ref:3838321)   #246
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sometimes I do think that too much is made of so-called "pay drivers".

In recent times we have had two multiple world champions with paid seats in F1.

Firstly, Michael Schumacher, whose place was paid for by Marlboro (Philip Morris), and more recently there is Fernando Alonso whose place was paid for by Honda.

However, regarding Stroll, one shouldn't try to place him in anything like the company of the above two. And, if Stroll Snr was to by FI and place his son in one of the seats, then I would not envy the 2nd driver in the team who would probably be unable to better the boss' son or might not even have the same equipment and resources behind him to just make sure sonny boy "shone" in the team.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 16:25 (Ref:3838322)   #247
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You mean it would be a race to the bottom.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 17:33 (Ref:3838336)   #248
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Sometimes I do think that too much is made of so-called "pay drivers".

In recent times we have had two multiple world champions with paid seats in F1.

Firstly, Michael Schumacher, whose place was paid for by Marlboro (Philip Morris), and more recently there is Fernando Alonso whose place was paid for by Honda.

However, regarding Stroll, one shouldn't try to place him in anything like the company of the above two. And, if Stroll Snr was to by FI and place his son in one of the seats, then I would not envy the 2nd driver in the team who would probably be unable to better the boss' son or might not even have the same equipment and resources behind him to just make sure sonny boy "shone" in the team.
Shumacher came into F1 because of sponoring by Philips Car Stereo

(and because his manager lied about him racing at Spa in Group C)
Old 23 Jul 2018, 18:03 (Ref:3838339)   #249
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Shumacher came into F1 because of sponoring by Philips Car Stereo

(and because his manager lied about him racing at Spa in Group C)

True, he didn't know the track, but that didn't stop him from qualifying the Jordan in 7th, it's best performance up until that time.

However, the reason that he got the drive when Gachot was sent to prison in the middle of the season was that Mercedes paid Jordan $150,000 for the one race. Jordan and the team were very impressed with Schumacher, and had offered him a contract to see out the rest of the season, but Benetton got him to sign for them before Eddie got Michael's signature on the contract.

Philips may have been one of his or the Mercedes' sponsors, but the deal was between Mercedes and Jordan.

But you miss the point that I was trying to make, i.e. that both Schumacher and Alonso had already been WDCs when their seats were paid for by outside interests. They were not paid by the team, and it is possible that their contracts were not even held by the teams but were held by their sponsors.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 18:06 (Ref:3838340)   #250
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
But to try to draw any comparison whatever between Philip Morris putting money into Ferrari because of Schumacher’s presence and Stroll being at Williams (or Force India) because Stroll Sr gives them wads of cash is just plain silly.

Tags
diageo, force india, formula 1