Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Jul 2017, 02:43 (Ref:3749218)   #901
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 6 Jul 2017, 07:17 (Ref:3749241)   #902
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I hope Super GT just see that ITR are not going to push for class 1 and they drop the dtm ruleset. It might not happen but I think it's more likely than class 1 at the moment.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3749257)   #903
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 6 Jul 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3749301)   #904
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also hope the same thing. Previous generation cars looked much better and Honda might finally be able to be competitive.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 20:39 (Ref:3749349)   #905
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
I also hope the same thing. Previous generation cars looked much better and Honda might finally be able to be competitive.
You fool! We could've had a page long train of 'yeah that's.
Old 7 Jul 2017, 03:45 (Ref:3749379)   #906
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
They've already fundamentally changed it. The cars and the engines SGT currently uses are both changes that were supposed to be taken by BOTH SGT and DTM for the Class 1 ruleset but the Germans backed out of it.
For me its not irreversible, the cars are faster then they ever have been, the racing is still highly contested so whilst the category has changed I feel that it hasn't impacted to a negative degree. DTM is still largely boring with flashes brilliance every full moon whilst Super GT goes from strength to strength.

I want class one but not at expense of damaging SGT. ITR can take a hike if they're going to do that and the Germans don't care about what happens to Japans biggest domestic championship, they just want their own way. And if that happens they can stay on their respective sides of the fence.

Super GT is too good for it to be lost to that
Old 7 Jul 2017, 08:06 (Ref:3749393)   #907
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Masataka Bandoh (GTA) interview about Gerhard Berger's comment.

Q. Is the Berger's comment negative against regulation unification?
A. No, it is rather positive.
Personally, I hope that the world championships will be realized in the future, and SGT and DTM could be a regional championship.
It would be ideal if a regional champion would challenge to world championship as a representative.
However, first of all, immediate objective is hosting an inter race, so we are preparing for the unification of the vehicle rules for that purpose.

If DTM joins the world championships, it would have been difficult to hold an inter race.
That's because there is no match in class between the world championship (DTM) and the regional championship (SGT).

It is clear that the ITR wants to maintain DTM, and this intention is confirmed directly from Mr. Berger.
First of all, I would like the DTM to clear the task of changing to the 2 liter DI turbo, and adjust other parts and we prepare for the realization of the inter race from 2019.

3 DTM manufacturers have agreed to change the engine from V8 to 2-liter DI turbo in principle. Detailed coordination and negotiation are continued with the steering committee, which includes technical managers from SGT manufacturers and DTM manufacturers.
http://www.as-web.jp/supergt/139087?all

Last edited by Japanese Samurai; 7 Jul 2017 at 08:15.
Old 7 Jul 2017, 10:32 (Ref:3749413)   #908
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry, this is Masaaki Bandoh's interview.
Old 7 Jul 2017, 10:38 (Ref:3749414)   #909
AkioAsakura95
Veteran

AkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Masataka Bandoh (GTA) interview about Gerhard Berger's comment.

Q. Is the Berger's comment negative against regulation unification?
A. No, it is rather positive.
Personally, I hope that the world championships will be realized in the future, and SGT and DTM could be a regional championship.
It would be ideal if a regional champion would challenge to world championship as a representative.
However, first of all, immediate objective is hosting an inter race, so we are preparing for the unification of the vehicle rules for that purpose.

If DTM joins the world championships, it would have been difficult to hold an inter race.
That's because there is no match in class between the world championship (DTM) and the regional championship (SGT).

It is clear that the ITR wants to maintain DTM, and this intention is confirmed directly from Mr. Berger.
First of all, I would like the DTM to clear the task of changing to the 2 liter DI turbo, and adjust other parts and we prepare for the realization of the inter race from 2019.

3 DTM manufacturers have agreed to change the engine from V8 to 2-liter DI turbo in principle. Detailed coordination and negotiation are continued with the steering committee, which includes technical managers from SGT manufacturers and DTM manufacturers.
http://www.as-web.jp/supergt/139087?all

That's great!!!! Super GT and DTM inter race still happen in the future.
And 3 DTM manufacturer will used 2-liter DI turbo in 2019 race same as SUPER GT.

@Japanese Samurai (Sorry for out topic , just share the thought only)
By the way, Is that FIA Class 1 World Championship is related to WTCC race in the future as shown as below right???

https://www.motorsport.com/dtm/news/...lass-1-858359/
Old 9 Jul 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3749754)   #910
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
D'Station Racing have to seek a new subs for Nico Mueller as Andre Couto fractured his L1 vertebra after a massvie shunt in yesterday China GT race in zhuhai,a lengthy recovery is expected
Old 9 Jul 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3749814)   #911
rjoconnell
Racer

United States
CT, USA
rjoconnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sven Mueller*

And Global Racing Management, Couto's management company, have said that he'll need three months to recover - ruling him out of Sugo and Fuji.

At any rate, hoping for the best - was a really fast, really ugly crash for Couto.
Old 18 Jul 2017, 12:23 (Ref:3752390)   #912
hvr777
Veteran

hvr777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news about Andre Couto's substitute for Sugo race at this weekend? As we know, Sven Mueller will still race on ADAC GT Masters.
Old 18 Jul 2017, 23:38 (Ref:3752638)   #913
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Sugo this weekend-yes!!
Old 19 Jul 2017, 02:50 (Ref:3752673)   #914
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Which Lexus is going to win this one?
Old 19 Jul 2017, 16:10 (Ref:3752824)   #915
rjoconnell
Racer

United States
CT, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvr777 View Post
Any news about Andre Couto's substitute for Sugo race at this weekend? As we know, Sven Mueller will still race on ADAC GT Masters.
At the last tyre test at Fuji, Yuya Motojima tested with D'station Racing. It's almost certain he'll get it.
Old 19 Jul 2017, 21:58 (Ref:3752901)   #916
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Team R'Qs (#22) sells its SLS GT3 at Yahoo Auction.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p563698934
Old 20 Jul 2017, 01:56 (Ref:3752940)   #917
rjoconnell
Racer

United States
CT, USA
Anyone got about 60,000 USD lying around somewhere? >_>
Old 20 Jul 2017, 06:14 (Ref:3752976)   #918
hvr777
Veteran

hvr777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjoconnell View Post
At the last tyre test at Fuji, Yuya Motojima tested with D'station Racing. It's almost certain he'll get it.
As predicted, recently the team announced officially Yuya Motojima will replace Andre Couto for Rd. 4 Sugo this weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/DstationRac...8909747560654/
Old 20 Jul 2017, 06:40 (Ref:3752980)   #919
AkioAsakura95
Veteran

AkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Team R'Qs (#22) sells its SLS GT3 at Yahoo Auction.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p563698934
@rjoconnell

Through the date of the auction as shown in the website. I think either they used the new chassis of Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 or they withdraw SUPER GT by next year, because SUPER GT does not accept the race car model which is 2 years old or more.

There is the twitter post that related to this:
和田QのSLSが売りに出ているそうだが鈴鹿から新車を用意するのかそれとも参戦休止なのか謎( ゚Д゚)

Reply quote:
ご指摘がありました。どうやら和田QのSLSは開幕のみ従来車で2戦からはSLSの別個体(昨年のアルナージュ名義エントリー車?)になるようです。

>現車は今年のスーパ-GT2017!!開幕戦まで現役でスーパーGT選手権に出ておりましたGT300エントリー車両でございます

Source: https://twitter.com/u_t_a__

@Japanese Samurai
Can you please translate this sentences as shown as above in bold words for the twitter post and also the quote.

Last edited by AkioAsakura95; 20 Jul 2017 at 06:47.
Old 20 Jul 2017, 07:12 (Ref:3752984)   #920
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
和田QのSLSが売りに出ているそうだが鈴鹿から新車を用意するのかそれとも参戦休止なのか謎( ゚Д゚)
R'Qs is selling its SLS GT3. Do they introduce a new chassis or withdraw?

ご指摘がありました。どうやら和田QのSLSは開幕のみ従来車で2戦からはSLSの別個体(昨年のアルナージュ名義エントリー車?)になるようです。
Apparently, R'Qs had used this selling SLS GT3 only in 1st race this year.
And it seems that they had already introduced another SLS chassis from 2nd race (last year's Arnage's chassis?).
Old 20 Jul 2017, 09:56 (Ref:3753029)   #921
AkioAsakura95
Veteran

According to BOB Suzuki blog (Out topic)

Title: GTEいいなぁ〜(^_^

facebookのタイムラインに出現

BMW Motorsport社からの投稿

「2017WEC盛り上がってるね!

僕らは来年に向けて準備してるよ

M8GTEを」って・・・

バックにはル・マン24レースのロゴも

来年で販売中止になるF13/M6

でも僕らは来年も再来年も

このM6GT3で闘わなきゃいけないのに

GTEだけM8ズルいwww

https://lineblog.me/studiebob/archives/9289384.html

Title: 全然変わってますやんw

来年からWECそしてル・マンに挑戦するNEWマシン

BMWMotorsport M8 GTE

僕らGT3のもう一つ上で、DTMの一つ下のクラス

未だ見ぬM8ベースって所が超COOL!

ドイツいやヨーロッパで最も著名な自動車雑誌である

auto motor und sport誌に新しいスクープ写真が掲載

以前の発表よりはるかにRACINGCARになってる姿は

いまにもレース出れそうなほどの進化

最も興味のあるのはやはりその心臓部

V12 Turboとかだったら超萌える!!!

でもそれだとフロントヘビーになりすぎるのかな?!

早く詳細が知りたい!

そして、そのエキゾーストノートを聴いてみたい。

https://lineblog.me/studiebob/archives/9289701.html

@Japanese Samurai
Can you please translate this two article as shown as above in bold words.
Old 20 Jul 2017, 10:46 (Ref:3753039)   #922
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
GTE is good
It appears on the facebook timeline of BMW Motorsport
"2017 WEC is excited!
We are preparing for next year
This is M8 GTE"
In the back, there is also a logo of the LM24.
F13/M6 will be discontinued next year.
But we have to fight by this old M6GT3 next year and year after next.
I am envious of new M8GTE.

BMW Motorsport M8GTE
A class above of our GT3, and a class below of the DTM.
Because it is still unseen M8 based so super cool!
Germany, no, it is the most famous car magazine in Europe.
New exclusive shots are posted on the Auto motor und sport magazine.
It is far more a racing car than the previous announcement,
so this car can race soon.
What is most interesting is the engine.
If it was V12 Turbo, it would be cool! ! !
But is it too front heavy?!
I want to know the details soon!
And, I want to listen to the exhaust note.
Old 21 Jul 2017, 11:24 (Ref:3753296)   #923
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Nissan introduces 2nd fresh engine for SUGO round.
http://www.as-web.jp/supergt/144246?all
Old 21 Jul 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3753301)   #924
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Pipo Derani is visiting SUGO to investigate Super GT.
He was invited by Michael Carcamo (Nissan).
He seeks for factory driver contract.
He doesn't have an interest in GT300.
http://www.as-web.jp/supergt/144283?all

Last edited by Japanese Samurai; 21 Jul 2017 at 11:54.
Old 21 Jul 2017, 14:05 (Ref:3753344)   #925
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Pipo Derani is visiting SUGO to investigate Super GT.
He was invited by Michael Carcamo (Nissan).
He seeks for factory driver contract.
He doesn't have an interest in GT300.
http://www.as-web.jp/supergt/144283?all
He has proven he is extremely quick, and in my opinion he deserves a factory deal. Plus he drives for ESM in their Nissan DPi so this could make sense.