Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 May 2003, 07:17 (Ref:609204)   #1
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stewards are a terrible

I don't think in all my life have I seen such a terrible judgement in motorsport. The penalty that GM recieved today against Lowndes was nothing short of disgusting. If you look at all the incidents that have happened this year, Skaife,Murphy, Ingall,Murphy and even today with Ambrose and Wilson they were all pretty much the same and yet you at the different penalties. Mind you I'm a one eyed Skaife supporter so I'm not being Holden biased as I believe he should have been penalised. But the incident today was bloody aweful. Neil Crompton was spot on with what he said and listening to Colin Bond, I think he should start looking for a desent set a glasses.
What do u all think as I'm pretty disappointed.
Old 25 May 2003, 07:21 (Ref:609207)   #2
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was one of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

Full marks to the best comentator we will probably ever see, pity he will most likely now be out of a job!

Colin Bond, any respect I had has been lost on this one.

As a former driver you should know better than anyone the behavior of a car when it is loaded upo in a high speed corner, and how puling it up would be next to impossible.

After watching it a few times again, Craigs car was on the egde of the track, with an armfull of opposite lock and still sliding towards the grass, so with Murphy hitting him or not, he was gone.

Murphy would have gotten past anyway, so I don't see how he could be judged of gaining anyway. I'm not a Murphy fan, but really felt for him on this one.
Old 25 May 2003, 07:21 (Ref:609208)   #3
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I,m with you ,and Crompton. The penalty was a joke. I dont know what colinbond was watching, but it wasnt the same incident that everyone else saw. I'm just dissapointed that chanell 10 didnt cross to Murph's radio when he was told

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 25 May 2003, 07:37 (Ref:609218)   #4
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Put me down for a load of too,that was a shocker.Theres obviuosly something going down here,poor old Murph is being shaken down worse than a Sydney brothel by the NSW Police.
Old 25 May 2003, 07:42 (Ref:609220)   #5
DDunn
Rookie

DDunn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely the worst judgement I have ever seen. With all the camera angles that are available to them they still come up with a shocker. And to top it all off Bondy still has the hide to justify the decision when interviewed later on. Ya got to be kidding!
Old 25 May 2003, 07:48 (Ref:609224)   #6
DDunn
Rookie

DDunn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely the worst judgement I have ever seen. With all the camera angles that are available to them they still come up with a shocker. And to top it all off Bondy still has the hide to justify the decision when interviewed later on. Ya got to be kidding!
Old 25 May 2003, 07:54 (Ref:609228)   #7
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Count me in as well guys. Crompton called it and we all saw it are the stewards and especially Bondy all phuck wits. I'm a LRT supporter cause its a Sydney team not just because its a Holden but that was disgraceful. I think the OLD farts need to be replaced with some new blood.
Old 25 May 2003, 08:00 (Ref:609232)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ambrose should have got a penalty for his move on Wilson seeing as they penalised Murphy.
Old 25 May 2003, 08:03 (Ref:609235)   #9
Scott75
Veteran

We should have Longhurst or someone that has just retired as a driver who has been driving in the series more recently. Crompton would be great but he's such a great commentator he couldn't do both. I can't think of anyone else but you guys might think of someone.
Old 25 May 2003, 08:22 (Ref:609244)   #10
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't believe that the only four people who believed that that tap was a penalisable offence were the four blokes in the stewards booth

Great work by Crompton, though. It's nice to hear someone air their opinion, rather than toe the corporate line. Cheers, Cromley
Old 25 May 2003, 08:44 (Ref:609255)   #11
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worth remembering that Bond is one of four people making the decision, and during the interview which happened after the penalty was given he was hardly going to say he was wrong.
Old 25 May 2003, 08:48 (Ref:609259)   #12
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well if he's (they?) not going to admit he's wrong after that one, he'll never admit he's wrong about anything in his life will he? Crompton suggested buying him a television - maybe that should be a seeing eye dog?
Old 25 May 2003, 08:58 (Ref:609263)   #13
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe there are times when an official has got to be honest & say they were wrong, Bondy i think it's that time.
Old 25 May 2003, 09:13 (Ref:609275)   #14
Scott75
Veteran

Oh yeah let's not forget the Bright/Ambrose incident at PI when nothing was done, (What's the difference) I know which one was worse. Mr.Bond it's called consistancy something that you and your fellow stewards don't seem to know what that means.
Old 25 May 2003, 09:17 (Ref:609277)   #15
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just out of curiousity, does anyone know why Todd Kelly, Craig Baird and Rodney Forbes were excluded?
Old 25 May 2003, 09:20 (Ref:609281)   #16
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spud will definately be spitting chips.

I suppose the rule book will have to be rewritten now, because Murph hit the funniest looking B-pillar I've ever seen lol!
Old 25 May 2003, 09:23 (Ref:609282)   #17
Scott75
Veteran

Todd Kelly was excluded cause he refuelled again during the race, (you are only allowed to refuel once and counts as a compulsory pit stop, that's why Tander didn't come into the pits to refuel, he had no choice.
Old 25 May 2003, 10:01 (Ref:609296)   #18
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i didnt see what Colin Bond was getting at when he said, "pulling a maneuver," was he actually looking at the right incident??

You could hardly describe driving around a corner with the hope that the person in front doesn't slam the breaks on, whilst sliding all over the circuit a maneuver.

I would have liked to have heard what Lowndes thought of the incident, and whether GM should have got the penalty.
And what Murph had to say about them.
Old 25 May 2003, 10:05 (Ref:609299)   #19
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
Worth remembering that Bond is one of four people making the decision, and during the interview which happened after the penalty was given he was hardly going to say he was wrong.
Thats exactly right. It is not all Bondys decision. So the blame should be shared evenly.

But gee I am sure Colin would be devisated by being critised by a Half Wit like Crompton....
Old 25 May 2003, 10:08 (Ref:609303)   #20
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just what I thought you would back him up !!!!
Old 25 May 2003, 10:14 (Ref:609308)   #21
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:
Originally posted by AussieV8
Just what I thought you would back him up !!!!
I don't agree with the penalty I think it was bloody stupid. What I am sayoing is everyone seems to be attacking one person when it is a desicion made in Race Control with the Race Director, Clerk Of Course and Stewards all desiding the penalty
Old 25 May 2003, 10:16 (Ref:609311)   #22
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by colinbond
Thats exactly right. It is not all Bondys decision. So the blame should be shared evenly.

But gee I am sure Colin would be devisated by being critised by a Half Wit like Crompton....
"Driving Standards Advisor" = Puppet Master.

He is the main influence behind the decisions, HELLO!
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 25 May 2003, 10:23 (Ref:609317)   #23
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:
Originally posted by Archer
"Driving Standards Advisor" = Puppet Master.

He is the main influence behind the decisions, HELLO!
Do you read any one elses posts......

Read the other thread. He is an influence but if you have ever been in race control you would see that it is a decision by commitee and then Tim Schenken puts his 2 cents worth in
Old 25 May 2003, 10:26 (Ref:609321)   #24
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
oh yeah like Schenken has a clue as well

they are need firing (squad that is) , its not the first time they made a mess of things and it wont be the last , yes some things are hard to decide on , but that was the clearest cut decision ever , its just gotten way to much and we need a changing of the guard in race control
Old 25 May 2003, 10:30 (Ref:609327)   #25
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly, none of them have a clue!
But Bond is a boof head and he is the ring master and looks like he's running out of fans!
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter