Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Nov 2008, 09:56 (Ref:2340627)   #26
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems she has taken the Carol Spagg model, limited food but a good meeting place. In fact it was Gregor Fisken who paid for it and it was just cheese and pate. It worked - I went one year and bought a car off him...

Dont get me wrong Masters catering was excellant at Spa and yes I would pay a small premium for that - but unless I have misunderstood what Delta is saying EUR 1100 for single seaters should mean Michelin starred catering all weekend. If that is the case I might choose somewhere a tad more glam than Pau to spend it...!!!
Old 28 Nov 2008, 08:14 (Ref:2343134)   #27
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I don't know about E1100; my entry form says E1600 (E1850 after 15 Jan 09) for the sports car enduro and the pre-66 GP cars races. One hour race time, admittedly. And E1300 (E1550 after 15 Jan) for Formula Junior.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 10:15 (Ref:2343177)   #28
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Costs are between 1300 and 1850 Euro.I am reading this off entry form.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 10:18 (Ref:2343180)   #29
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
sorry you are right - to be honest I only glanced at it on its way from envelope to recylcing bin!! I did see that extra mouths could be fed at the very reasonable fee of EUR 240 per head.......!!
Old 28 Nov 2008, 11:43 (Ref:2343221)   #30
Brendan Roberts
Rookie

Brendan Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At approx. Eu1.18/£1 thats £1100 entry fee. I assume two 20 minute races and a 20 minute practice, so one hour on track. Last year return transport for one car was £1200 so add fuel/consumables, hotel, and getting to and from yourself and its a very expensive hour of your life. Its not simply affordability, more justifying the expense and getting reasonable value for money from my persepective. Will be interesting to see if they fill the grids.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 13:22 (Ref:2343254)   #31
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
As far as your FJ Mr Roberts

Free Practice 25 mins
Qualifying 25 mins
Race 2x 25 mins

Its still expensive at 1300 Euro before 15/1
Old 28 Nov 2008, 14:04 (Ref:2343282)   #32
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston

Free Practice 25 mins
Qualifying 25 mins
Race 2x 25 mins

So about the same cost as driving an ex Formula One car at Paul Ricard?

I know which one I'd choose.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2343300)   #33
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Much,much cheaper to own and run a FJ car.Are you comparing Apples and Apples as I would have thought track hire is the same irrespective of the type of car and thats what governs cost.If all the cars were at Paul Ricard I presume all entry fees would be the about the same cost.Some people would prefer to drive a pre war car at either place than these new bags of bolts but entry fee will more or less be the same,horses for courses.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 14:51 (Ref:2343310)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect FISC is talking about the hire and drive deal you can do at Paul Ricard. Nothing to do with historic racing though. Correct me if I'm wrong there.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 17:19 (Ref:2343416)   #35
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston

Free Practice 25 mins
Qualifying 25 mins
Race 2x 25 mins

Tracktime is the same as at a Lurani round which costs half as much. What does Peter offer for the extra price?

Marcus
Old 28 Nov 2008, 17:28 (Ref:2343419)   #36
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Think it's going to be a hard sell!
His CER series works and thats the same type of cost level and track time
The assumption probably is that the event compensates in a non Monaco year?Can't see it myself.
Old 29 Nov 2008, 12:28 (Ref:2343796)   #37
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Roberts
At approx. Eu1.18/£1 thats £1100 entry fee. I assume two 20 minute races and a 20 minute practice, so one hour on track. Last year return transport for one car was £1200 so add fuel/consumables, hotel, and getting to and from yourself and its a very expensive hour of your life. Its not simply affordability, more justifying the expense and getting reasonable value for money from my persepective. Will be interesting to see if they fill the grids.
Lets hope they don't, it will teach them a lesson about economics, the Mont Ventoux Hillclimb is worse at 2790euro, this does include hotels (single room)& meals for 2days, all for 1 person, extra person more euros, extra person competing 1000 euros.
Old 29 Nov 2008, 12:49 (Ref:2343801)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anyone got a comparison of the previous fee?
Old 29 Nov 2008, 13:22 (Ref:2343815)   #39
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Ventoux is 3190 Euro for two people inc Hotel,Food etc which stacks up with Tour Auto costs .It the level of costs of these type of events and will fill with very few Brits.At least ten of us Brits have already confirmed so can't see it being a lesson in Economics unless its a positive one for Peter Organisation.
An alternative way of looking at it is one car ,double runs to allow for two drivers at 4200 Euro.
Old 29 Nov 2008, 13:23 (Ref:2343816)   #40
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

What will Lurani rounds cost in 09,eg Silverstone?

Think you could be in for a surprise.
Old 29 Nov 2008, 16:51 (Ref:2343885)   #41
JonT
Rookie

United Kingdom
Copthorne West Sussex
JonT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a plea for you all to come as I shall be marshalling at La Gare and would not like to have the small grids seen in many of the races this year.

On seeing the entry fees I shall be suggesting that there is an increase in marshal benefits (currently a free lunch).

JonT
Old 29 Nov 2008, 16:53 (Ref:2343887)   #42
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Anyone got a comparison of the previous fee?
PMO 1 hour sports car race in 2008 was EUR 700

U2TC saloon car race I can't find my entry form to see cost

GTSCC GT race £600 I think it was hour or maybe 90 mins
Old 29 Nov 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2343889)   #43
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Inflation or robbery?
Old 29 Nov 2008, 18:06 (Ref:2343906)   #44
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Jon T if we go and i do hope so .make sure you come and find the Delta truck we will keep you fed and watered.
Old 29 Nov 2008, 19:12 (Ref:2343943)   #45
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I doubt U2TC will go.

Pau strikes me as a bit 'broken pencil'

pointless

unless your a sucker for punishment
Old 29 Nov 2008, 20:38 (Ref:2343978)   #46
JonT
Rookie

United Kingdom
Copthorne West Sussex
JonT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Jon T if we go and i do hope so .make sure you come and find the Delta truck we will keep you fed and watered.
Many thanks for the invite. Hotel is booked. Have been going for many years and hope the weather is better than this year.

JonT
Old 30 Nov 2008, 03:55 (Ref:2344094)   #47
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
PMO 1 hour sports car race in 2008 was EUR 700

U2TC saloon car race I can't find my entry form to see cost

GTSCC GT race £600 I think it was hour or maybe 90 mins
So around 700-800 Eur dependening on exchange rate at the time?

Seems to be an increase of around 30% on the basic price plus of course the exchange rate loss which makes it worse.
Old 30 Nov 2008, 10:51 (Ref:2344170)   #48
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know much about sums, but I can get the percentage increase up to 100%. Plus the XR decline of sterling.

Pau is not pointless, but clashes with the Masters BH GP event and that has had an unhappy history and causes pressure on numbers. That clash occurs again for 2009, and I am not sure that drivers will think that the high P Peter prices occassioned by hospitality expenses and other commercial profit-making expenses (eg, the nice brochure and mailing costs) and of course the budgeted profit itself will encourage them to go. Such expenses may be thought worthwhile at the Le Mans Classic, but how well they translate to places and events like Pau remain to be seen.
Old 30 Nov 2008, 12:20 (Ref:2344199)   #49
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Masters started a tiff with all the French organisers when they introduced the Brands date two years ago.I reckon they have won this particular round as I fail to see the reason to do Pau when Brands meeting is available.
Pau is not in same catagory as Le Mans,Goodwood or Monaco and the organisers of Pau will find that out .There is no value in the costs being asked for.
Old 30 Nov 2008, 13:25 (Ref:2344220)   #50
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
John thats why it used to be so popular. Ive allways looked at Pau as the poor mans Monaco. Guess those days have gone