Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 31 Jul 2016, 19:42 (Ref:3662689)   #226
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
You can make all the excuses you like, #10 is still 0 for 201 in a stock car, and 1 for 115 in an IndyCar.
Lucky for her she has a cute arse.
No excuses, just circumstances. The way things came out.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 08:22 (Ref:3662793)   #227
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Erik Jones to the #78.5
Rumour has it Furniture Row will run a second car, or should I say Joe Gibbs Racing will run a sixth car? Either way Erik Jones is looking likely to make his debut in some serious Toyota firepower.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 20:14 (Ref:3662929)   #228
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
W O W ! Chris Buescher wins rain shortened Pocono!
Way to go Front Row! Both cars (will be) in the chase.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 20:54 (Ref:3662940)   #229
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
W O W ! Chris Buescher wins rain shortened Pocono!
Way to go Front Row! Both cars (will be) in the chase.
Oh brother. Another David Reutimann? Chris's average finish this year is 29th. Best finish was last week at 14th.

Good for him, but not really good for the chase / sport.

Signed, Debbie Downer.

Sorry, canamman!

The RootyMan won two races. My bad.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 23:42 (Ref:3662952)   #230
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Oh brother. Another David Reutimann?
Ya know that same thought crossed my mind. Then again, he is a rookie
with a win coming off being Xfinity champ. That's pretty good cred.

Look at a replay of #24's spin. He is so lucky he did not get T-Boned twice.
He took all the blame as usual. I was waiting to see if he would take the
blame for the weather. Anyhow, Chase was in a great car today and missed out on at least a top 10 finish. The Rookie of the Year Award just really got interesting.

Last rookie to win a NASCAR race - 2009 Joey Logano, Loudon.
Old 2 Aug 2016, 02:33 (Ref:3662958)   #231
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ya know that same thought crossed my mind. Then again, he is a rookie
with a win coming off being Xfinity champ. That's pretty good cred.

Look at a replay of #24's spin. He is so lucky he did not get T-Boned twice.
He took all the blame as usual. I was waiting to see if he would take the
blame for the weather. Anyhow, Chase was in a great car today and missed out on at least a top 10 finish. The Rookie of the Year Award just really got interesting.

Last rookie to win a NASCAR race - 2009 Joey Logano, Loudon.
I didn't realize Buescher was the Grand National/Sportsman Champ. Sad I don't know these things any more. Well, maybe it's the start of something great...

I watched the Chase / Sliced Doosh incident. Racing deal it seemed but the inside wall so close at Pocono is dumb. It makes the speedway way too confined, which all stems back to the JR / Steve Park wreck with the armco. Armco did it's job beautifully but took too long to repair so nascar went nascar.

Ah, Joey, you silver spoon bean pole. He'll be champ one day
Old 2 Aug 2016, 03:33 (Ref:3662959)   #232
canamman
Veteran

United States
Got a feeling Dale Jr. may be done this year.
My opinion only.
Just read exerpts from his podcast. Its a real mystery
delayed concussion from June.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...ff-gordon.html
Old 2 Aug 2016, 20:49 (Ref:3663119)   #233
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Doctors should prescribe this Pocono 400 as a treatment for insomnia.

The one bright moment was "Sliced Doosh" limping to the garage.

Here is an interesting interview with The King, one of the few people left in NASCAR not afraid to speak his mind.
http://autoweek.com/article/racing/n...rance-and-more

P.S. By the way, what is a "Sliced Doosh"?
Old 2 Aug 2016, 23:05 (Ref:3663129)   #234
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
P.S. By the way, what is a "Sliced Doosh"?
A snotty rich kid from Connecticut

But more specifically to your question, it's a combination of "Sliced Bread" (Joey's likely self given nickname) and "douchebag", which Joey is. If you're unfamiliar with either term/phrase, that's entirely up to you to find out.

All credited to JHamilton.
Old 2 Aug 2016, 23:47 (Ref:3663135)   #235
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
A snotty rich kid from Connecticut

But more specifically to your question, it's a combination of "Sliced Bread" (Joey's likely self given nickname) and "douchebag", which Joey is. If you're unfamiliar with either term/phrase, that's entirely up to you to find out.

All credited to JHamilton.
It's nice to learn something new everyday.
I know the phrase Sliced Bread, but not that it is his nickname.
Douchebag on the other hand, is not a phrase we use this side of the Atlantic.
Thanks to Google I am now informed.

douchebag
ˈduːʃbaɡ/
noun
noun: douche bag; plural noun: douche bags; noun: douchebag; plural noun: douchebags
  1. 1.
    a small syringe for douching the vagina, especially as a contraceptive measure.

I think it sums him up very well.
I believe daddy bought his sister an ice rink. How the other half live eh?
Old 3 Aug 2016, 00:13 (Ref:3663137)   #236
canamman
Veteran

United States
I like this from Urban Dictionary:

douchebag

The term "douchebag" generally refers to a male with a certain combination of obnoxious characteristics related to attitude, social ineptitude, public behavior, or outward presentation.

Though the common douchebag thinks he is accepted by the people around him, most of his peers dislike him. He has an inflated sense of self-worth, compounded by a lack of social grace and self-awareness. He behaves inappropriately in public, yet is completely ignorant to how pathetic he appears to others.

He often talks about how cool, successful, and popular he is, yet never catches on to the fact that he comes across as a total loser. Nevertheless, he firmly believes that he is the smartest, most desirable, and most charming person in the room... and will try to bad-rep anyone who would threaten to expose this facade.

He fancies himself a ladies’ man, yet tends to be a joke to all but the most naive of women. He tries to portray himself as part of the in-crowd (a fashionista, an upwardly mobile professional, the life of the party, etc.) but only succeeds in his own mind.

To everyone else, he is an annoying and arrogant phony who comes across as a wannabe overcompensating for his insecurities. He tries to appear like the center of whatever group will tolerate him, but in reality, he is just a tag-along who mooches drinks, women, contacts, social standing, and other benefits from the group... while contributing nothing.
Old 3 Aug 2016, 19:34 (Ref:3663306)   #237
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South

This is the most fun with NASCAR I've had in years!
Old 5 Aug 2016, 02:51 (Ref:3663517)   #238
canamman
Veteran

United States
Rookie of The Year Standings:

#24-Chase Elliott, 245 (best finish of 2nd)
#21-Ryan Blaney, 198 (best finish of 5th)
#34-Chris Buescher, 169 (won a race)
#44-Brian Scott, 156 (best finish of 12th)
#32-Jeffrey Earnhardt, 76 (best finish of 28th)
(thru 8-2-2016)

Would like to see Allmendinger punch his chase ticket this weekend.
Stewart, Gordon, Kyle Busch have the bulk of the wins at the Glen.
Old 5 Aug 2016, 14:21 (Ref:3663584)   #239
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
Rookie of The Year Standings:

#24-Chase Elliott, 245 (best finish of 2nd)
#21-Ryan Blaney, 198 (best finish of 5th)
#34-Chris Buescher, 169 (won a race)
#44-Brian Scott, 156 (best finish of 12th)
#32-Jeffrey Earnhardt, 76 (best finish of 28th)
(thru 8-2-2016)

Would like to see Allmendinger punch his chase ticket this weekend.
Stewart, Gordon, Kyle Busch have the bulk of the wins at the Glen.
Rookies make history: Last weekend Sunoco Rookie of the year candidates won all three NASCAR national series races for the first time in history - Chris Buescher (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series), 23, Erik Jones (NASCAR XFINITY Series), 20, and William Byron (NASCAR Camping World Truck Series), 18. Their average age is 20.33.(NASCAR)(8-5-2016)

I am surprised they still leave it on points and have not come up with a knockout playoff system with a ridiculous name, "The Wrestle for the Rookie 2016"
Old 5 Aug 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3663587)   #240
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Rookies make history: Last weekend Sunoco Rookie of the year candidates won all three NASCAR national series races for the first time in history - Chris Buescher (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series), 23, Erik Jones (NASCAR XFINITY Series), 20, and William Byron (NASCAR Camping World Truck Series), 18. Their average age is 20.33.(NASCAR)(8-5-2016)

I am surprised they still leave it on points and have not come up with a knockout playoff system with a ridiculous name, "The Wrestle for the Rookie 2016"
That's a cool stat. Did not hear that.

Don't give them any ideas!
Old 5 Aug 2016, 15:02 (Ref:3663590)   #241
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
BREAKING NEWS ALERT ! #10 DANICA PATRICK. STEWART HAAS RACING.
http://www.espn.com/espnw/culture/th...ally-good-yoga
Old 6 Aug 2016, 18:14 (Ref:3663837)   #242
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Edwards wins pole at Watkins Glen: #19-Carl Edwards won the pole for the Cheez-It 355 at the Glen Sprint Cup Series race at Watkins Glen International with speed of 126.562mph for his 4th pole of 2016, 2nd at Watkins Glen, 3rd road course pole (he also won the pole at Sonoma in June) and 20th of his career (tied with Benny Parsons and Neil Bonnett for 27th most). Edwards has won from the pole three times in 19 previous tries.
#42-Larson starts 2nd followed by #14-Stewart, #20-Kenseth, #18-Busch, #11-Hamlin, #22-Logano, #31-Newman, #47-Allmendinger, #1-McMurray, #95-McDowell and #2-Keselowski.
Jeff Gordon, subbing for #88-Dale Earnhardt, Jr., will start 21st.
Last weeks race winner, #34-Buescher will start 25th.
#22-Logano paced the opening round of qualifying at 126.216mph and starts 7th.
Notes: #38-Cassill had no speed as his car encountered fuel pressure problems and didn't get on the track, start 40th.
Drivers who will miss the race: None as 40 drivers are entered for 40 starting spots
See round-by-round qualifying results on the Watkins Glen qualifying results page (pdf) and the complete starting lineup on the Watkins Glen Starting Lineup page (pdf).(8-6-2016)

News from #88

Dale Earnhardt Jr. made it clear on Friday. He doesn't want to talk about the "R" word, as in retirement. Earnhardt's recent struggle with concussion-like symptoms, a malady that will cause him to miss at least five NASCAR Sprint Cup races this season, has fueled speculation that concern over health issues might persuade him to exit the #88 Hendrick Motorsports Chevy permanently. But Earnhardt had an emphatic reply when that issue was raised in a question-and-answer session with reporters on Friday at Watkins Glen International, host venue for Sunday's Cheez-It 355. "I have every intention of honoring my current contract (which runs through 2017)," Earnhardt said. "I sat with (team owner) Rick (Hendrick) before this happened a couple of months ago to talk about an extension. That's the direction that we are going. As soon as I can get healthy and get confident in how I feel and feel like I can drive a car and be great driving it, then I want to drive. I want to race. I miss the competition. I miss being here. I miss the people and, as Rick likes to say, 'We've got unfinished business.' I'm not ready to stop racing. I'm not ready to quit. It's a slower process, I wish it wasn't. I don't know how long it's going to take."
Until Earnhardt receives medical clearance, he won't be allowed to race, and he's working diligently with his doctors to suppress the symptoms that forced him out of the car for the mid-July Sprint Cup race at New Hampshire and will keep him on the sidelines at least through the Aug. 20 event at Bristol Motor Speedway. "I'm not going to go in the car until the doctors clear me," Earnhardt said. "The doctors won't let me race. This is not my decision, but it's the right decision, and I trust what my doctors are telling me. When they say I'm good to go, I believe them. If they say I'm healthy and I can race, I'm going to race."
Doctors concluded that the onset of Earnhardt's concussion-like symptoms, which involve issues with gaze stability, dizziness and balance, began with a wreck at Michigan in mid-June, though Earnhardt said the intensification of the symptoms was gradual. After he raced at Kentucky Speedway on July 9, Earnhardt sought medical attention, and what he thought might be a sinus infection instead resulted in the diagnosis that forced him out of the car. Earnhardt receives medical evaluations every two to three weeks and will continue to do so until he is symptom-free. In the meantime, doctors are encouraging him to participate in higher-stress public situations-such as a press conference-to exacerbate the symptoms with an eye toward getting them under control.
"That's just part of the process," Earnhardt said. "You don't want to go anywhere where you're going to feel worse. And this situation, my doctor tells me, is good therapy to go somewhere that makes you feel worse. Go in there and get exposure and then get out and go somewhere where you can kind of get calmed back down and then repeat the process. And so, I've been going and eating and having lunch with my family. I go to (sister) Kelley's house and get in the living room with her kids; boy that drives up the symptoms pretty good. But, it's been great to spend time with them." But it's all with one thing in mind.
"I just want to get better," Earnhardt said. "Our intentions are to get cleared and get back to racing. We are just taking it one evaluation at a time. It's frustrating to have to do it that way, but that's the process, and we hope and expect that, when we go back for the next evaluation, we are symptom-free and can start to see a timeline develop."(NASCAR Wire Service), see the full Q&A transcript on the #88 Team News and Links page.(8-6-2016)

It sounds stress related, when he gets wound up, he feels bad.
Old 7 Aug 2016, 09:47 (Ref:3663971)   #243
canamman
Veteran

United States
Heres a sign that you should probably retire.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...864877001.html
Old 7 Aug 2016, 10:35 (Ref:3663976)   #244
canamman
Veteran

United States
How do you build a fan base? Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney
put out a tweet and invited anyone who wanted to come play
soccer to meet them at the grass field near Turn 10 at the Glen.
That will be a great memory for those who showed up!
https://twitter.com/Blaney

Last edited by canamman; 7 Aug 2016 at 10:48.
Old 7 Aug 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3664029)   #245
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I'll have the two TVs going this afternoon be to watch the Glen and Road America. After yesterday, I can use a little inside, chill, cold drink activity today.
Old 7 Aug 2016, 18:14 (Ref:3664031)   #246
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
How do you build a fan base? Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney
put out a tweet and invited anyone who wanted to come play
soccer to meet them at the grass field near Turn 10 at the Glen.
That will be a great memory for those who showed up!
https://twitter.com/Blaney
That's pretty but would think Big Bill is rolling over on his grave because drivers are playing soccer?
Old 7 Aug 2016, 20:13 (Ref:3664054)   #247
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Decent race thus far. Now red flag for big wreck on the short shoot.
Old 7 Aug 2016, 21:11 (Ref:3664083)   #248
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Decent race thus far. Now red flag for big wreck on the short shoot.
There is always a nasty one there.
Old 7 Aug 2016, 21:12 (Ref:3664085)   #249
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
There is always a nasty one there.
Yup. Never a small one there!

10 to go!
Old 7 Aug 2016, 21:16 (Ref:3664087)   #250
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Damnit! No effing reason to throw a yellow there. Everyone kept going and there was plenty of time for them to be cleared off before the field came back around. This is why I can't watch this series anymore.