Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Oct 2006, 18:30 (Ref:1726799)   #1
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interest

Off subject, but has anyone else noticed that so far there are 339 replies& 7,806 views, I wonder if Paris are logged in!!!!!!
Old 3 Oct 2006, 18:42 (Ref:1726811)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Jeremy. I think we need you to help us with Max's replica passport thingy. Another thread methinks.

Ter[ence]ry . As a mod here I could find out where the views are from, but I can't be @rsed. However we do know some of the movers and shakers look in occasionally and therefore even if it's friendly banter it would be nice to know that some of this lot counts for something. Hence my point about a separate thread for our conversation the other night.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 19:13 (Ref:1726839)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Thanks Jeremy. I think we need you to help us with Max's replica passport thingy. Another thread methinks.

Ter[ence]ry . As a mod here I could find out where the views are from, but I can't be @rsed. However we do know some of the movers and shakers look in occasionally and therefore even if it's friendly banter it would be nice to know that some of this lot counts for something. Hence my point about a separate thread for our conversation the other night.
Oh go on then, It could generate even more interest
Old 3 Oct 2006, 19:15 (Ref:1726841)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nah,

You start that thread first.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 19:20 (Ref:1726845)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Nah,

You start that thread first.
Where should I begin ??An awfull lot of alcwater has past since Friday.

Last edited by terence; 3 Oct 2006 at 19:27.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1726851)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I can name that tune in one. Theme to the Godfather.

Try opening a new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terence Bower
Dont you think this Jeremy fellow is a really good sort?
As long as he doesn't look at my car.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 07:53 (Ref:1727223)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife

Peter, as we discussed a lot of different things Friday evening,Im afraid I need more than the The Theme from the Godfather, and dont forget the privacy thing.

Last edited by terence; 4 Oct 2006 at 07:56.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 09:00 (Ref:1727309)   #8
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
Very Well said . . . I think that sums it up quite nicely for us as well, We do take it seriously, and we spend what we can afford, but at the end of the day we do it because we enjoy it, you'd be crazy to do it if you didn't !

as you say Esper, there are some people who look like their worlds ended if they don't win after spending enough to run Belgium for a year
the Belgians are still waiting for anybody who will run Belgium (hope he/she never comes, lovely country like it is and above all leaves Spafr. like it is!)
Understand me well my statement is nothing like big car versus small car but more like if you run a GT 40 or any car on budget of say 7000hours working a year you'd better go to FIA-GT! There have been GT40 which have won with good drivers and say 700h a year wonderfull achievement I would say.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 13:19 (Ref:1727633)   #9
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=Peter Mallett]Thanks Jeremy. I think we need you to help us with Max's replica passport thingy. Another thread methinks.

I will hold your hands as we go down this road(thread) if you really want to
Old 4 Oct 2006, 13:47 (Ref:1727657)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Banning The Greens From SPA.be

If I promise to keep out of the Brands Situation, will you vote for meEsper??

Last edited by terence; 4 Oct 2006 at 13:49.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1727696)   #11
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
If I promise to keep out of the Brands Situation, will you vote for meEsper??
you make me curious , do start another rave! don't count on me and I am not that consistant in that area alltogether. maybe a little bit albionophily , my wife sends me to the doctor every week and it gets better now. (my doctor said the brands situation was confusing in the past but bettering now )
Old 4 Oct 2006, 14:28 (Ref:1727707)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
you make me curious , do start another rave! don't count on me and I am not that consistant in that area alltogether. maybe a little bit albionophily , my wife sends me to the doctor every week and it gets better now. (my doctor said the brands situation was confusing in the past but bettering now )
Maybe I should visit your doctor,just to ease my troubled mind.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 14:42 (Ref:1727721)   #13
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Maybe I should visit your doctor,just to ease my troubled mind.
Never visit a continental doctor unless you are brought there after a sortie de route. your mind will get even more troubled. They cant make a Jerry out ot Tom and they cant make a frog out of Tom.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 18:11 (Ref:1727891)   #14
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
the Belgians are still waiting for anybody who will run Belgium (hope he/she never comes, lovely country like it is and above all leaves Spafr. like it is!)
Who in his / her right mind wants to run Belgium?
Most of us run away from it.

This isn't that funny, come to think of it.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 20:27 (Ref:1728021)   #15
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
Who in his / her right mind wants to run Belgium?
Most of us run away from it.

This isn't that funny, come to think of it.
And you think we are better of? we have no spa Francorchamps and no 6h
Old 4 Oct 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1728035)   #16
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
If things dont change ,even the Belgians wont have Spa. I personally, cant think of a better place to be.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1728046)   #17
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Resturant Conversation.Wheres Peter now!!

Now look what youve made me do.Is this anything like "Theme to The God Father" ?
Old 4 Oct 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1728063)   #18
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Now look what youve made me do.Is this anything like "Theme to The God Father" ?
" Don" what?
Old 5 Oct 2006, 05:58 (Ref:1728393)   #19
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

errrr, ..... no comment.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 08:10 (Ref:1728457)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Lol. Actually I was thinikng about our conversation concerning tyre regs, Technical controls and those things. The subject of your mphmphphp! OK I won't say it.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 08:21 (Ref:1728478)   #21
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some one once said to me that Gods' two biggest mistakes were giving Switzerland to the Swiss and Spa to the Belgians.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 08:38 (Ref:1728501)   #22
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Hall
Some one once said to me that Gods' two biggest mistakes were giving Switzerland to the Swiss and Spa to the Belgians.
I thought it was giving an HTP to a Fairlane ?
Old 5 Oct 2006, 08:57 (Ref:1728526)   #23
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Hall
sure? imagine the other way round. Spa wouldn't even be used for cycling races because they surely find out that bicycles polute as well. And Siwss to the Belgiums, need a week to phantasy about!
Old 5 Oct 2006, 09:02 (Ref:1728529)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Zef

Make Sure Jeremy isn't your Scrute at any time.

For the Record I like Belgium!
Old 5 Oct 2006, 09:04 (Ref:1728530)   #25
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
So do I Peter, when I'm away from it.